Chapter 18

Before I start, has everyone heard Circles? I've been crying over it all day. It's so sad but so beautiful.

Anyway, sorry this is a little late. I've had one hell of a day, but I made this longer to make it up to you. Enjoy!

-------

I sigh sadly resting my head on the car window.

"I feel bad for doing this." I mumble and Vic removes his hand from the steering wheel before grabbing mine.

"Don't, she seemed to understand. It's better this way." Vic explains and I nod.

We're just driving back from staying the night at my house. We talked to Mom about rehab and she was upset but not with us but with herself. It didn't take much to convince her to go. We packed a few of my things and she let us take the car for the time that she's gone. Now I get to live with Vic for however long it takes her to get out. I don't know how things are going to run around there with his dad out of the picture. I've never met his Mom before either; I wonder what she's like.

"We should go on a date, to celebrate." Vic suggests and I turn to him confused.

"To celebrate our lives falling into place. My dad's gone, your mom's going to rehab, everything is getting better." Vic shrugs.

"There's still a long way to go though, Vic." I frown feeling slightly bad for being pessimistic when he's obviously trying hard to be happy about the entire situation.

"I know." He sighs sadly. "How about we celebrate the beginning of an ending?"

"That sounds nice." I smile and Vic nods before bringing my hand up to his lips.

"We'll go home and shower then I'll properly introduce you to Mark." He explains and I nod.

"What's Mark to you anyway?" I ask being nosey as always.

"He's Mike and I's butler but he's more of my best friend or mentor." I shrug.

"He sounds nice." I smile and Vic nods again.

"He is. He's always been there for Mike, for me." He smiles lightly.

I smile at his smile and he starts laughing.

"What?" I ask confused though happy to see him laughing.

"It's just crazy isn't it? I barge into your life, you hate me, then you go out with me, then you somehow fall in love with me and although I barged into your life, you're the one changing mine." He chuckles and I smile.

"Funny how things work." I state.

-----

"Kellin stop fussing." Vic tells me as I throw more clothes behind me.

"No, I just want to look nice." I huff and Vic chuckles grabbing me from behind and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Darling, for all I care, you could wear a frilly dress and you'd still look absolutely gorgeous. Just pick something. You'll look nice in anything." Vic explains before sitting me on his bed.

"I don't know." I mumble.

"How about I pick something for you to wear? Then you'll know that you look perfect." He suggests and I nod, thinking that it doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

He smiles and kisses my forehead before walking over to the mess I've made with my clothes. He looks through them and I wait patiently hoping he finds something soon. He hums as he looks pulls out some clothes then packs up the mess I've made before coming back over to me. He lays down a pair of black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees, a plain white shirt, a black leather jacket and a gray beanie.