Chapter 22

"You need to visit me more often Honey. It's hard to believe that you actually still live here." Mom laughs as she makes coffee for the both of us. When she said that she was better, she wasn't lying. She's finally the mom I remember as a child. She hasn't had a drop of alcohol since she's been back either.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Just Vic wants to spend time with Mike so he can't come here and I don't like being away from him. I guess I forgot about you in all this. I'll make it up to you." I explain and she nods handing me my mug.

"So how's the band been going?" She asks seeming interested.

It's safe to say that Mom is our biggest fan. We have kids come up to us all the time after shows, sometimes they're even crying but none of them would ever be a bigger fan than my Mom. All the art, the drawings and the toys we get from our fans, it all goes to my mom. She keeps every letter and every picture. It's great. She's really proud of me.

"It's going amazing. We're going on a three-month tour in a couple of weeks." I grin and she smiles brightly at me.

"How does Vic feel about this?" She asks curiously.

I cringe at the thought of it and scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"He, uh, he doesn't know yet." I whisper.

Mom stops what she's going and looks at me shocked.

"What do you mean he doesn't know? How long have you known about this?" She asks.

"A bit over a month now. I want to tell him but I just can't. Every time I pluck up enough courage, I back out." I admit feeling ashamed.

"Why is it so hard for you to tell him?" Mom asks curiously.

"I'm going to miss our first Christmas together. New year's, his birthday and Valentine's day. And, and..." I take a deep breath to calm myself down. "And I'm going to miss his trial. I promised him I'd be there. I feel so horrible."

Mom sighs and runs her fingers through her hair.

"Kellin, listen to me very carefully. You can't miss this trial. He needs you. And you need to tell him about this tour or you just don't go on it. Keeping secrets isn't great for a relationship, take it from me, I know. If you're not careful, you're going to lose him." She explains and my heartaches at the thought of losing him.

"I'll tell him; I just need to wait for the right time." I sigh.

"Don't wait too long, timing is everything."

-----

I walk into Vic's living room with a small lump in my throat. He's sitting on the sofa with Mike, watching a movie.

"Vic, can we talk?" I ask softly, fearing that if I spoke any louder then my voice would fail me and he'd know that something was up.

I'm going to tell him about the tour. I'm so scared about how he's going to react.

He looks up at me, a small smile on his face.

"Can we talk later? I'm watching a movie with Mike right now."

I know he didn't mean to be rude or anything but that really hurt. I know I said that I shouldn't be jealous of Mike but it's like I don't even exist anymore. He barely pays attention to me. He doesn't even kiss me goodnight anymore. Sometimes I go out for some space, just to the park or something, but when I get back, he hasn't noticed that I even left. Sometimes I talk to him and he doesn't even hear me. I feel like he was just using me for comfort while Mike wasn't here. Now that Mike's back, he doesn't need me anymore. He barely tells me he loves me and I'm starting to question whether he ever did.