Chapter 8

"Kellin, I swear to god if you don't eat something right now, I'm going to drag you to the sickbay." Vic threatens but I just shake my head looking down at the tray in full of food.

He's convinced I have an eating disorder and he's trying to make me eat.

"Vic, I'm fine." I groan for the thousandth time. "I ate this morning."

"Yeah right, I don't believe you." He says rolling his eyes holding a pear up to my face. "Eat the pear."

I roll my eyes and take the pear out of his hand staring at it.

"Please just eat it, Kells. I hate seeing you slowly destroy yourself." He murmurs.

Okay, now he's being overdramatic. I hate how he cares about me but I love it at the same time. It's been a while since someone actually gave a shit about me.

"Fine." I sigh before taking a bite out of the pear. "Happy now?"

He gives me a nod and I finish the pear. The reason why I don't eat isn't because I think I'm fat or anything like that. Well, I'm not that happy with my reflection but that's not why I skip meals. I don't eat simply because I'm never hungry. Don't ask why because I honestly don't know.

Vic's phone suddenly rings and the caller ID says 'Mama'. He picks up the phone before turning to me.

"I have to answer this. I'll see you in music." He says and I nod before he gets up and leaves the cafeteria.

-------

I walk into the music room, early as always.

"Afternoon Kellin." Mr. Way says not looking up from his laptop.

"Afternoon, sir." I smile before taking my seat at the back.

Mr. Way looks up from his laptop staring at me bewildered.

"Is there a problem sir?" I ask with a chuckle.

"No, no, not at all. You just seem, happy." He says unsurely.

I just shrug.

"This wouldn't have anything to do with that Mexican boy, would it?" He asks grinning teasingly.

"Maybe." I smirk.

"I knew assigning his seat next to yours was a good idea." He sings.

"You assigned his seat next to mine on purpose?" I ask completely shocked.

"Yeah, I hated seeing you by yourself. You're a talented kid Mr. Quinn. It's not fair that everyone picks on you because of your sexual preferences." Mr. Way explains.

"You know about that?" I ask even more shocked.

"Of course I know about it. My ears perk up at the mention of the words fag and homo. I had to put up with that through my school years too." Mr. Way sighs.

"Wait, you're gay?" I ask confused.

"Yep, I'm a flaming homo. I actually have a husband." He explains.

"Wow." I mutter as people start filing into class.

"It was nice talking to you Kellin." Mr. Way smiles.

"Yeah, you too." I reply.

I honestly didn't think he gave a shit about me but he obviously cared enough to want me to have friends. I smile as I pull my notebook open and start continuing on the song I was writing.

About twenty minutes into the class I notice Vic hasn't showed up. Where is he? As if on cue he strolls into the classroom and over to the teacher. Vic hands Mr. Way a note and he nods and tells him quietly to take a seat. Vic walks towards me but something's different about him. He walks the whole way with his head down, his curls falling in front of his face. He takes a seat next to me not even glancing at me.