Chapter 6

Update? Yeah

~~

VIC'S POV

"You going to get food?" I ask Kellin as I pile food onto my tray.

Kellin shakes his head and I look at him confused.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Not hungry." He answers simply and I shrug.

I bring him over to the table where Jaime and Tony are already sitting and eating. I take a seat and Kellin sits next to me.

"Hey guys." I say to Jaime and Tony. "I'd like you to officially meet Kellin."

Tony and Jaime holds out their hands and Kellin shakes each of them.

"Vic, never shuts up about you." Jaime grins.

"What? That's not true." I protest blushing furiously.

"Bullshit." Jaime coughs and I flip him off.

"I'm not talking to you anymore." I pout turning to Kellin.

Kellin's just staring into space.

"Kellin." I say and he snaps his head towards me. "You okay?"

"Yeah just lost in thought." He smiles.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I ask curiously.

He looks at me skeptically before sighing.

"How do you know Jeremy and Oli? And what was the whole 'last time' thing about." He asks and I sigh.

I knew that question would come up sooner or later.

"I'll tell you but you have to promise you won't hate me afterwards." I ask pained.

He looks at me confused but nods. I take a deep breath before beginning.

"A few years back, I used to be just like them." I admit feeling ashamed.

"What do you mean?" Kellin asks not quite understanding.

"I mean, I would make people's lives hell for my own enjoyment." I snap. I feel bad for snapping at him but the anger was really meant for myself. I hate the person I used to be.

"Oh." Kellin says quietly. "What happened? You seem really nice now?"

"Someone close to me got hurt, really bad and it was all my fault." I say trying to push back all emotions so I don't break down crying. "After that, I swore to change."

Kellin raises his eyebrows, seeming surprised but impressed.

"That still doesn't explain what's with you, Oli and Jeremy." He points out.

"Oh yeah." I say clearing my throat. "Oli, Jeremy, Tony, Jaime and I were really close. There was also Josh in our group but I'll get back to him soon. We pretty much owned Mission Bay high school. Then when I decided I wanted to stop hurting people Jaime and Tony were okay with that but Jeremy, Oli and Josh weren't. We ended up having a huge fight that blew out of proportion. Josh said something to me that made something inside me snap and I-I uh-"

I look at Kellin pained and he's looking at me urging me to go on.

"I beat him so bad he had to have surgery." I admit ashamed and Kellin gasps. "After that, Josh got better but his parents made him move states and Oli and Jeremy have been too scared to mess with us since."

Kellin looks at me seeming disgusted. I don't blame him. I'm disgusted at myself. My eyes fill with tears and I stand up from the table before rushing out of the cafeteria.