Chapter 7

Another update? Yeah

~~

KELLIN'S POV

I switch the TV off as I hear my mom's car pull up the driveway. I realize it's not subtle as I hear the tires screech. Oh no, she's drunk again. I quickly stand up just as Mom crashes through the door with a bottle of whiskey in her hand.

"Out!" She yells glaring at me.

"W-what?" I stammer.

"You heard me. Out!" She yells again.

I waste no time in rushing to the door as she throws the bottle of whiskey that misses my head only by a few inches.

"Where will I go?" I ask my eyes filling with tears.

"I don't care. Just get out." She sneers and I nod my head before walking out the front door then closing it behind me.

The night air's cold and it doesn't help that I didn't get the chance to grab a hoodie. I wrap my arms around my cold torso before putting my head down as I start walking down the dimly lit street.

I walk a few blocks with tears occasionally spilling from my eyes trying to think of a place I can stay. I have no friends, no family, well none that actually want me. Where am I going to go?

I walk around for what seems like hours until I pull my phone out and check the time. It's now 1am. Suddenly a car horn beeps and before the rusty mustang pulls up beside me. I stop in my tracks and the window winds down. I realize that it's Vic and by the sounds of it, Tony and Jaime as well.

"Kell, what are you doing walking around at this time?" He asks with a chuckle.

"I-I have nowhere to go." I say my voice cracking.

His face softens and he motions for me to get in the passenger seat. I slide my phone back in my pocket then walk around the car and climb in. I notice Jaime and Tony in the back seat giggling like crazy, they're obviously drunk.

"Designated driver?" I question.

He nods and chuckles.

"Yeah, as usual. We went to a party and as always they got smashed. I'm not much of a drinker so I always get stuck driving these two idiots home." Vic explains.

"This your car?" I ask confused. If he has a car then why does he walk home?

"No, this is Jaime's." He replies answering my questions. "He lets me borrow it when he's drunk so I have a way to get home and so he doesn't try to drive it."

I nod and Vic pulls up at a house.

"Tone, you're home." Vic says turning around so he's facing Tony.

"No." Tony whines. "I don't want to go home. I want to party."

"Tony get out of the car before I make you." Vic says sternly and Tony opens the car door.

He tries to get out but he still has his seatbelt on. Vic rolls his eyes and puts the car in park before getting out and going around to Tony's side. He unbuckles his drunk friend's seatbelt before helping him out of the car and up the lawn to what I assume is his house. He knocks on the door and a Hispanic woman answers the door. She glares at Tony before taking him off of Vic. She then smiles gratefully at Vic and thanks him before closing the door. Vic comes back the car and gets in before driving off again.

"He is so grounded." Vic mutters.

I chuckle and Vic drives until he stops at what I assume is Jaime's house. He puts the car in park and looks back at Jaime who has passed out. He gets out of the car and unbuckles Jaime's seatbelt before picking the boy up with ease. God, he must be strong. He closes the door with his hip and walks around to the side of the house and slides a window open. He then climbs in the window with Jaime still in his arms. A few seconds later he climbs back out of the window an before shutting it softly. He then comes back to the car sighing. He puts the car back in drive and drives off.