Chapter Forty

The Rules of Handling Rejection

Chapter Forty [Part 1]

The Real Story...

All Rights Reserved

Venroy glare at the window down at the Pack Members sleeping in tents quivering in fear that they were going to be attack upon by the rogues that have deceived them of their homes. Their Alpha was dead and their Beta was stressing out numerously along with the mourning of his Best Friend and the birth of His Child.

He watch as they all scurried over to the buffet area that was set up to make a make shift dining area. The pups all gulp down their foods while their parents tried their best to convince them that everything is going to be ok. He watches as Jax and Vanessa circled the territory with his guards behind them to protect them. They were buys checking if anyone else was outside the enhancements needing help. A few members were looking out for friends and family that haven't shown up over the year since the attack.

"You really need to take a breather," His Sister storm into his room towards his bed that held Sevonnia's stuff. Vanessa swiftly took up a few clothing throwing them in her duffel bag. "Nessa please," He begged taking his mate stuff from her to scatter them on the bed.

"Sevonnia wouldn't want this Venroy, You need to man up and help us." She stated with her hands on her hips. "Don't get me started," I glare at her; she nodded and sat on the bed as Mom walked in her going out cloak.

"Going somewhere mom?" Vanessa asked as our father follow behind shirtless with a bandage wrap around his lungs. A rogue had attack him while he tried getting a few stubborn Pups to safety. Leave it to our father to have so much patient, I guess that where I got it all from. Else I'll be on the run still searching for Sevonnia like a mad rogue. Let's say it took Vanessa and the Clan half a year to find me.

"I have to go somewhere," She walked over and kisses Vanessa softly on the head.

"Why now, Mom? It's too dangerous." I pleaded but I know it's useless to even try, once my parents decided on something they were determine to do it. That was the way she brought us up not to be spoil brat.

"I'm just going to visit an old friend." She almost whispered causing Dad to join her by his side.

"Sir we got a situation," Jake the Beta told me through the mind link. "I'll take care of it." Vanessa vanishes in thin air before Mom turn to face me. "You need to help them and stop sulking in here." She walked over to me handing me back the necklace that I took off after going slightly rogue for half a year.

"Mom I don't need this,"

"Yes, You do. It will help the circle protect you until Sevonnia show up. We wouldn't want Amanda to demolish you before you get to see her." She stated firmly. Remembering when I was surrounded by a dark witch and her servant until the necklace appears and they show up to fight off the dark witch. The witch as recognized my mom and right way she obilivate the young witch and killed her on spot.

I never question her but Dad said they are some things better left unsaid. The only thing was that I was safe and having me roam around was great risk to Sevonnia so I need to stay closed within the circle until everything settled down.

"When will you get back?" I asked.

"On the day of the war," She answered quietly pulling a dagger her cloak.

"That a year from now mom," he almost growl at her.

"Don't you think I know that?" She stated taking his hand and placing the dagger in his grip.