Three years later: The wedding

~Karlies POV~
I start to sweat, I never thought I would be marrying Kade. He is the love of my life and I love him so much. When I walk down the aisle I feel everyone looking at me, especially Kade. He looks like he is about to cry. I smile and keep walking. When I get there Kade smiles at me and says "you look so beautiful Karlie."

I smile "thanks." I hear the preacher start and I know to be quiet for now.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered in the presence of God and in the fellowship of this community to join together Kade Beery and Karlie Williams.
Marriage is a covenant of faith that endures all things, in which husband and wife communicate with one another and trust in one another. Marriage is a covenant of hope, in which husband and wife commit themselves to the work of making a life together, creating a lasting future where the hopes of each are the hopes of the other. Marriage is a covenant of love, in which husband and wife strive to treat one another with understanding and compassion.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." He starts speaking again.

"Do you Kade take Karlie as your wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in proximity and in distance, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, with trust and understanding, with patience and fidelity, as long as you both shall live?"

I hear Kade say "I do."

"Do you Karlie take Kade as your wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in proximity and in distance, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, with trust and understanding, with patience and fidelity, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Have you brought tokens to stand as signs of your love and commitment?"

We both say "we have." At the same time.

I hear Kades voice start to shake. He is nervous. "With this ring I thee wed. Karlie please wear it as a sign of the depth of our love."

"With this ring I thee wed. Kade please wear it as a sign of our lifelong commitment." I say back.

"By joining in marriage, Karlie and Kade have one life together where before they had lives apart. Just as these two candles burn separately, when brought together they may light a single flame."

We both take a big candle one at a time and light our unity candles.

"Kade and Karlie, in the sight of God and this community, you have vowed fidelity to one another in holy matrimony and represented these vows with the exchange of rings and the lighting of the candle. I now you pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Kades eyes light up. I can see emotions in his eyes. He cups my face with his hands and he kisses me like the world is going to end. He whispers, "I love you Mrs. Beery."

I smile , "I love you too Mr Beery."