Chapter 3

I ran my thumb across my lower lip, thinking over what had transpired a few hours ago. If Colton hadn't been there...I don't even want to think of what could have happened.

I sighed, closing my eyes as the music filled my ears.

"I'm so glad that your lipsticks on, 

Back seat of your best friends car, 

Well we were onto something here. 

Oh no wait you will call it off and space is on the cards, 

Who'd drink to that, I wont drink to that. 

Oh over hill will you teach me the games you play so well 

And I'll drink to that, who'll drink to that?

You've made your bed, so sleep in it, but never call me again. 

You've made your bed, so sleep with him, 

But know I'm the best you'll get. 

I wrote this song so you would know why I look up to everyone. 

Can't blame a girl for trying, even though she keeps on lying more, more." I sang along to the song, remembering the times Leon and I used to play music and sing together.

I miss him so much. It's been more than three years that I haven't seen him.

I opened my eyes as I sensed someone looking at me.

And I was right.

Colton was standing at the edge of the bed, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Hey." I said softly, pulling the headphones out of my ears. "Thanks for giving this to me." I said, putting my iPhone down on the blanket. I had totally forgotten that I had it in my pocket when I left for Wall mart. It had probably fallen out when I was dragged to the car.

"No problem." He said, sitting on the bed and crossing his long legs. "You have a good voice." He commented, eyeing my shaking hands.

I was still a little shaken up from what had happened to me before.

"Thanks. I got it from my brother." I said, smiling sadly at the photo of us grinning goofily on my phone. I sighed, feeling my lip tremble as the feeling of wanting to cry suddenly took over me.

Colton sat next to me on the bed, his hand twitching, before he slowly wrapped it around me. I leant my head against his shoulder, letting a tear slip past the barrier I was holding.

"I'll probably never see him again." I sobbed.

"Shh. It's ok." He said. I felt his fists clench tightly. "Do you want to call him?" He said. His voice sounded strange, like he was battling with himself to say those words.

I sniffed, looking up from his chest. "Really?" I asked, my voice croaky. He nodded

"If you miss him that much, why not?" I smiled, giving him a side hug.

"Thanks Colton. It really means a lot." He nodded, smiling a little and reached for his pocket. He handed me his phone, and I took it happily, my hand brushing his. I opened his phone, tapping in his code.

"Hey, how do you know my code?" Colton asked, sounding completely surprised. I grinned.

"Wild guess." I looked at the phone, and frowned. "How come you have service and I don't?" I asked, pouting.

Colton just shrugged, and crossed his arms. I tapped in Leon's number, and breathed out a breath of air.

One ring.