Chapter 9

"Wake up." Someone whispered softly into my ears. I groaned, feeling my shoulder twinge with pain. "Shh." Someone soothed.

I winced, opening my eyes slowly. A familiar face appeared in front of me, but other than him, there was no one else.

"Where am I?" I asked groggily, my face in a grimace from the pain that was pumping through my shoulder. "Ah." I bit my lip, trying to contain the tears that wanted to spill.

"You're in a better place now."

I scoffed, still wincing. "Unless that place is filled with chocolate milkshakes and cheesecake, I don't think I'm in a better place."

"Even when in pain, you still manage to talk brightly." He gave me a small smile, unlocking the chains around my torso and my hands that were tied behind my back.

"Thanks for making me feel welcomed. Really appreciated." I muttered, holding onto my shoulder.

"What's wrong with it?" He asked curiously.

"Dislocated." I said through clenched teeth.

"Hmm." He murmured, snapping his fingers. "Dean, call the pack doctor." My eyes snapped to his. He gave me a small, evil smile. "Yes hun, we're wolves." I groaned in frustration, banging my head on the concrete wall behind me. "Something wrong with that?"

"Why are wolves kidnapping me?" He was about to reply, before I cut him off. "Again." He raised an eyebrow. "Don't play dumb with me, Saxon. I know you know what I'm talking about." He chuckled softly, giving me a lopsided smile.

"You're smart. I like that."

"Arrogance and stupidity rolled into one. Lovely." I shot back.

"Look, you're Colton's mate, I'm Colton's enemy." I raised an expecting eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "Think of this as...revenge."

"For what exactly?" I asked, sitting straighter so my back was touching the wall properly.

"Something." He replied lowly, his eyes set on his wrist.

"He's coming for me, you know." Saxon raised an eyebrow. "Colton. He's an adamant bastard. He won't stop until he finds me."

"Even if it means risking his life?" Saxon asked, crossing his arms.

Surprising myself, and Saxon, I replied, determination and surety in my eyes and voice.

"Yes."

Saxon chuckled, standing up from his crouched position.

"Don't get your hopes up, love. You might be disappointed." With those last words, he left me alone in what looked like a cellar. I groaned, kicking the pole what was near me.

Truth was, I didn't know if Colton would risk his life to find me. Yeah, I'm his mate, but he could always reject me, find a new one, and end of story. He's guilt free, and living a happy life.

I stood from the floor, wincing as I did so. I shrugged off my sweatshirt, leaving me in a sports bra. I folded my sweatshirt, so it resembled a sling, and fit my injured arm into it.

I sat back down on the floor, closing my eyes.

"You're not dead, are you?" I made a noise of laughter.

"I can only wish."

"Ouch. Hurtful." Saxon chuckled. I opened my eyes, looking at him tiredly.

"Can I get some headphones?" I asked, putting on my best puppy dog face.

"Sure, but what for?" He asked.

"To listen to music." I said, waving my phone at him in an obvious manner. He snatched my phone before I could do anything about it, and narrowed his eyes at it.