Chapter 35

Problems with Wattpad. It's all good now :)

______________

"I am never getting married." I huffed, slamming my door shut. Eddie looked up from the book he was reading on my bed, raising an eyebrow.

"Problems again?" He asked, closing the book and patting the space next to him. I nodded, falling on the bed with a groan.

"It's all fighting and arguing. 'I'm right, no I'm right. That's wrong, this is stupid, you're a moron.' That's all it is. Fighting." I said, shaking my head.

"It's better than my parents." He said, giving me a small smile. "They fight over who ate the last apple. Trust me, you have it good."

I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"And plus, you and I both know you'll get married." He added, shrugging as he looked at his nails nonchalantly.

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He rolled his eyes, sitting straighter.

"C'mon Dee, you'll eventually find that one person that makes you happy."

"And spend the rest of my life with them? Doing that?" I asked, pointing my finger at the door, indicating to my still shouting parents.

They were arguing over which College Leon should go to. They didn't even ask what he wanted.

"Not all relationships end like that. Yeah sure, you'll get in a small argument here and there, but you'll be fine. You're not like them." He said, smiling.

"Eddie, honey. I can reassure you that I will never get married." I said, shaking my head.

"Indie, that's a lie and you know it."

"It's not." I retorted.

"Alright, sure whatever. But you can't tell me you've never thought about it? You know, that one person; your soul mate. Tying the knot. Buying kitchen appliances together, picking a bed together. You've never thought that through?" He asked.

"Yeah, buying kitchen appliances. So romantic." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Indie, there's more to marriage than just buying kitchen appliances. It sounds stupid, but it's just about being together. Joking together, doing everything together."

"It's just not my thing."

"It is." He said, nodding. "I know it is. You just have to find that one special person that you'll do anything for."

"Even not getting married?" I asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow. He nodded, giving me a small smile.

"Even not getting married."

___________

Marriage. One person. Forever.

What do I say? Do I say yes? Do I say no? I don't know, maybe?

Colton's eyes were nervous, yet excited when he asked the question. Then, slowly, I could see the confidence in them drying out. 

Before I could give another thought, Colton shifted to his human form, his naked body on full display.

"Is that a no?" He asked. I knew he was trying not to let his hurt show. I tried shifting back, failing the first time, but finally achieving it the second time I tried.

"Yes." I said.

"You won't marry me?" He asked.

 "No! I mean, no it's not a no."