Chapter 21

Massive sorry guys! I didn't realize the last chapter was really sad :S I feel kinda guilty, yet accomplished that I made you cry...

There's a slightly large A/N at the end that I would hope you lovelies would read. It has to do with characters and all that :]

Lastly, this chapter is dedicated to widdle_chloe for messaging me, and giving me such an awesome conversation :]

(LOTS OF DRAMA IN THIS CHAPTER ;D)

Enjoy....

______________

"Colton!" I squealed, kicking my legs as the devil himself picked me up and tickled the living daylights out of me.

"Say I won." He said in my ear, laughing as I wriggled in his arms.

"Never!" I shouted through my laugh, licking his arm. He let go of me, staring at his arm in mock-disgust, humor still playing in his eyes.

"Indie, that's gross." He grimaced, wiping his arm on the head of the couch. I laughed, jumping on his back and wrapping my legs around his torso.

"I. Won." I said slowly, covering his eyes with my hands.

"You. Cheated." He said back, a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes, moving my hands and wrapping them around his neck.

"You're just a sore loser." I laid my head down on his shoulder, smiling as he galloped up the stairs.

The scenario of last night popped into my head, causing me to grin giddily.

"Yes, goofball." I laughed softly. "I love you."

Colton was still in a state of shock, which caused me to panic a little.

Did I say it too early? Am I coming off as clingy? What if he doesn't love me back?

The thought put a small pang in my chest.

"I love you too." He said, a bright smile on his lips. I grinned in relief, jumping in his arms and hugging him.

"What are you thinking about?" Colton asked, setting me on his desk in his study and sitting on the swirly chair.

"Nothing." I said, crossing my legs and sitting in the centre of the desk, facing Colton.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes tiredly as he nodded.

"What's wrong? Tired?" I asked, twisting the chair so his back was facing me. I set my fingers on his head, and rubbed soothingly.

"This whole Rogue thing is a lot to handle." He said, closing his eyes. "I know we have the strongest pack in this area, and the help from Saxon's pack will make us even stronger. But how do we know what they're going to do next? I mean, for all we know, they could be on their way here now."

"Colton, relax. You said so yourself they wouldn't be stupid enough to attack a large pack."

"If they were low in number." He added. I rolled my eyes.

"Just forget about it for now. Close your eyes and rest. You've been working yourself to death."

"It's my job. I'm the Alpha of this pack, and I need to be on alert at all times."

"And it's my job as your mate to make sure you don't overwork yourself." Colton turned around in the seat, his brows slightly furrowed.

"You just said you're my mate." He stated.

"Yes." I said, nodding my head in an obvious manner. "It's because I am."

A grin broke out on his face as he reached for me, pulling me onto his lap.

"You're amazing." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I know I am." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as he gave me a kiss.

"So cocky." He muttered.

"Got it from someone." I said, looking pointedly at Colton.

"I am not cocky!" He defended.

"And cows don't moo." I said sarcastically.

"Ok. Name me one time I was cocky." He challenged.

"Hmm. Oh, that time you went all 'I'm the Alpha and I have a large pack and nobody can defeat me and I'm just so perfect." I imitated a man's voice, puffing my chest out to prove my point.

"I don't remember that." He deadpanned.

"Ok, what about the time I complimented you on your haircut and you went through the rest of that week with your chest puffed out and slicking your hair back every five minutes? Or, that time you and Vincent were sparring, and you pinned him numerous times, and would not stop boasting about it? Or-"

"Ok, ok! I get it. I'm cocky." Colton huffed out, poking his tongue out at me. I smiled smugly. "Buy you're the bi-polar one." He added.

"I'm the bi-polar one?" I asked incredulously. He nodded. "Coming from the guy that was all laughs one moment, and jealous the next!"

"Says the girl who went from laughing to stomping around childishly in the span of two minutes!" He argued back.

"Oh please. That's nothing compared to your jealousy towards Vance, which by the way you have nothing to be jealous of, then threw me in the goddamn pool as a joke!" Colton went to open his mouth, the closed it several times, before sighing.

"I got nothing." I nodded firmly.

"Damn right you got nothing." I said, making a move to stand up. Colton caught me by my waist, pulling me back to his lap.

"Wait." He said, holding my cheek in place. "I may have something." Then he leaned his head close to mine, and gave me a long, slow kiss.

I moaned softly against his lips, internally cursing myself for falling into him so easily.

"So." He said once we backed away from each other due to the 'need' for air. "I win?" He asked, a small smirk on his face.

"This is an unfair advantage." I said, crossing my arms.

___________________

"You are as useless as lyrics to a Skrillex song." I said, snatching the pen from Saxon's hand.

"Nur nur nur." He mocked, muttering incoherently under his breath.

"I heard that." Colton snapped, glaring in Saxon's direction. I smiled smugly, sitting straighter as I poked my tongue out at Saxon.

"Yeah." I chimed in. "He heard that." I paused, turning to Colton. "What exactly was that?"

"An insult to your butt." Colton said, passing maps to Vincent, who had Whitney sitting on his lap.

"Excuse moi?" I asked in mock-hurt, raising an eyebrow at Saxon.

"All I'm saying is someone may have eaten one too many cheesecake slices." I gasped in fake shock.

"How dare you?!" I threw a pillow at him, laughing as he quickly ducked which caused it to hit an unsuspecting Xavier.

"What the hell?" He shouted slightly, glaring at Saxon and I.

"It was Saxon." I said.

"It was Indie." Saxon said at the same time. "Wait, I'm an Alpha. I don't have to explain my actions." He said, shaking his head and turning back to the maps Colton had pinned to the pin board on the wall.

"Ok." I breathed, scratching my forehead. "I'm gonna go make sandwiches."

"Ooh. I'm coming." Whitney jumped off of Vincent, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Colton looked between them, then to me expectantly. I rolled my eyes, lowering my head and kissing him on his cheek.

Before my lips could make contact with his cheek though, he quickly turned his head and our lips connected.

He grinned in success, causing me to laugh softly as Whitney muttered a hurry up.

I still had a goofy grin on my face as I pulled out the bag of bread and some sandwich ingredients.

"'I'm never falling for a wolf! I'm never having sex with Colton! I am not his mate!'" Whitney said in a ridiculously high voice. I rolled my eyes, throwing a piece of pickle at her face, which with her advanced abilities, hit the fridge instead.

"Shut up." I said, making the sandwiches. She chuckled, pulling out some bread out of the bag and helping me.

"On a serious note though, how are things going?" She asked, squeezing mayonnaise.

"Actually pretty good." I said, smiling. "Really good. Like really, really good." Whitney raised a hand, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I got it. Thanks." I laughed, cutting the made sandwich in half.

"It's still hard to believe." I said, making another sandwich. "You know, werewolves actually exist. And I'm mated to one. It's crazy." I said, shaking my head.

"Is it a bad thing?" She asked. I shook my head.

"There are some pros and cons." I made a thinking face. "Mostly pros." She smiled, holding the plate full of sandwiches as I set the last one.

"It's pretty great." She laughed softly. I nodded, holding bottles of water as I followed after her back to the living room. "We come baring food." Whitney announced, setting it on the table. They all immediately reached for one, and I threw a bottle at each of them.

"Not hungry?" Colton asked once he saw I didn't pick a sandwich up. I shook my head, taking my seat next to him.

"Nah. I ate before." I said, watching Vance and Hunter fight over the last sandwich. "You are both like little children." I laughed. Vance looked up to smile sheepishly, which Hunter took advantage of, and stole the last sandwich.

"Man!" Vance muttered, glaring at Hunter. I rolled my eyes, walking back to the kitchen.

I quickly made another sandwich for Vance, and set back to the living room. I passed it to him, which made him smile happily, and ate it greedily.

"I'm surprised you guys still look the way you look." I muttered, grimacing in disgust as mustard oozed out of Hunter's sandwich and spluttered down his chin and onto his shirt.

He simply wiped it off with his finger and licked it.

"I can see they haven't properly evolved yet." I muttered again, turning my head to see a smiling Colton. "What?" I asked, smiling softly as he just shook his head, the smile still on his face.

"How did I get luck-" His sentence was cut short from a big bang, which sounded like it came from the porch. Colton frowned, sniffing the air, before scowling deeply.

His face went blank of emotion besides the glare that took over his face, and he growled loudly.

"They're here." Saxon growled also, standing from the seat he was on. Xavier and Vincent also stood, which left a terrified me in my seat, and Hunter and Vance rushing to mine and Whitney's side.

"Keep them safe. Don't let them out of your sight." Colton instructed, using his Alpha tone.

I looked wide eyed between the men, then the door which banged open loudly.

"Well, well, well." An evil voice began, a sickly humorous tone to it. "Look what we have here. The enemies teaming up? Never thought I'd see the day."

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Saxon growled, and it took Xavier holding him back to keep him from tearing this guys limbs apart.

He had dark, brown eyes, and pitch black hair. His stance was strong; the way a leader would stand.

His aura practically screamed trouble.

"Just dropping by to say hi. Also wanted to let you know that Vanessa's doing really well." I looked between the evil guy and Saxon, sensing this was personal.

"You son of a bitch." Saxon growled again, his fists clenched tightly.

"Why so venomous, Saxon? Is that how you treat your brother?" I suppressed a surprised noise from escaping my lips.

These guys were brothers? This guy, the evil, sick twisted bastard was related to Saxon?

Wow.

"You are no brother of mine." Saxon hissed, taking a step toward him, his fists still clenched.

"Ouch." The guy said, putting a hand to his chest in mock hurt. "That hurt Saxon, that really hurt."

"What are you doing here Derek?" Colton growled, moving so he was standing in front of me.

"Colton." This 'Derek' guy said.

So, they knew each other?

"Alpha." Colton growled.

"Ah yes." Derek said, nodding like he understood. "The new Alpha. Ever since your father passed away, yes?" He paused, grinning like the sick psycho he was. "Or should I say, drank himself to death. You know, I wouldn't have put it passed him. He always was quite the drinker, eh?" I glared at him. Only half his face was visible to me.

"Watch yourself." Colton growled, taking a step toward him.

"Uh uh. Not so fast there, Alpha." His eyes met mine, and he grinned wider. "Wouldn't want your beautiful mate here to witness your death now, would you?" My heart sped up as my eyes snapped to Colton.

"Don't you dare mention her." Colton growled, once again blocking my view of Derek.

"Now now. I know when I'm not wanted."

"At least he has some sense." I muttered under my breath, which possibly wasn't the smartest thing to do.

"Ah, she speaks." Derek said, moving so he could see me. He smiled, waving. I glared at him, standing from the couch, and standing behind Colton on his right. "I see I haven't introduced myself." He began, moving his hands behind him like he was ready to lecture.

"What are you doing here?" Saxon and Colton both growled at the same time, but Derek ignored them.

"If you haven't yet caught on, my name is Derek. Saxon here is my dear brother, and I am the..." He trailed off, lost for words. "Evil twin, I should say."

"Twins?" I asked.

"Yes. Dad wasn't always fond of me, was he?" He now turned to Saxon, an angry glint in his eyes, yet that sadistic smile was still on his face. "No, I was the weakling, wasn't I? I wasn't what an Alpha's son should be like." He chuckled darkly. "So of course he chose my dearest twin brother, who was the exact opposite of me, to be his successor, or likes of a better word." He paused, casting me a glance, before returning to look at nothing.

Colton visibly moved closer to me, which instantly made me feel safer.

"He chose me because I was ready." Saxon growled.

"No, he chose you because he hated me. I was a sorry excuse for a son, and he hated me." Derek growled for the first time, pointing his finger angrily at Saxon. "You knew for a fact that he would choose you. And after all we've been through, after everything we've fucking been through, you turned your head away from me. You left me to rust into fucking nothing while you rode on your high horse, acting all high and mighty." He spat out angrily.

"Don't put your fucking misery on me." Saxon snapped. "You didn't pay attention in training. Your focus was on video games and girls."

"Sorry I was doing what a fucking teenager would with their life." Derek said sarcastically, his anger seeping into his words. "You know how badly I wanted a normal life. You know how badly I wanted to just go through a full moon without killing the first moving thing I see. You knew I hated what I was; what you were. And once upon a time, you did too."

I felt an ounce of sympathy for this guy. Even though he was saying the words with venom, his eyes looked slightly...sad, hurt even.

He looked like an asshole, he spoke like an asshole, but...

He has feelings.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, Saxon." He said, laughing humorlessly. "Remember when you said we'd stick together, no matter what? Remember this?" He lifted up his shirt to reveal his ribs, where a large tattoo was; 'Mathis' Always Bring Trouble.'

I looked between the two brothers, feeling the tension rise with every second that passed by.

"C'mon." Derek urged, keeping the shirt up. "Show them." Saxon looked back at us, looking slightly defeated. He slowly lifted his shirt, revealing the same tattoo, yet on the other side of his ribs. "See that? That was supposed to be our bond that kept us together; Derek and Saxon Mathis: undefeatable twins. We were supposed to stick together, live life to the fullest. But no. You wanted power; you were hungry for it. And while you were fighting to be number one, you forgot all about me. You forgot I existed." He turned his eyes to me. "He even forgot our birthday. Our routine, what we do each year, he fucking forgot."

He shook his head, smiling cruelly, yet an ounce of hurt still blessed his face. "And you wonder why I took her away from you." He looked back at Saxon. "You had the fucking guts to ask why I was taking her, why I marked her, why she's mine. Not yours."

"You fucking-" Saxon began, but was cut off.

"Save it, dear brother." Derek said, holding a hand up.

I was honestly shocked that there was no splattered blood yet.

"You both made a wise decision not calling your men." Derek continued, the tension between he and Saxon still bubbling around the room. "I guess you both smelled the Rogues? The ones that are surrounding this very house." He paused, sending a wicked smile to Colton. "I'll get out of your hair, promise. Just remember one thing." He said, holding one finger up to indicate his point. "Keep her," He bent the finger down so it was pointing towards me. "Safe."

He sent us all one last sadistic smile, his eyes lingering on me the longest. He gave a quick wink, and then was gone in seconds.

I hadn't realized I was shocked into a frozen position until Colton stood in front of me, his hands on my shoulders. He called my name, but I couldn't reply. I couldn't open my mouth and say anything.

All that went through my mind was Derek's words.

'Keep her safe.'

__________

New character! Yay! You guys have no idea how long I've been planning this scene. So, do you like Derek? Hate him? Tell me!

First, I want to say a MASSIVE sorry for the previous chapter. Apparently I made a lot of you cry, and I don't know whether I should feel accomplished or guilty :s

Second, the previous chapter also got SO MANY GODDAMN COMMENTS! If I'm not mistaken, it was like 120 or something like that. This is super duper awesome, and I love you guys so much for it!!

Also, a lot of people have been in-boxing me and asking about Indie's character.
Now, I didn't really plan on having anyone portray Indie, hence me not having a picture of her to show you lovelies. So, I'm going to ask a HUGE favor and see if you guys know any actresses to play Indie. And Saxon, Derek etc.
Colton is being played by Colton Haynes, since the amount of people that liked that idea and voiced it to me was quite large.

HOWEVER, if you don't see Colton as, well Colton (I honestly didn't mean for this to happen XD) then you don't have to imagine Colton Haynes as Colton from the story. Imagine who you want :)

Ok lovelies, sorry for the babbling :]

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS BOOK GET SO MUCH ATTENTION :D

Thanks lovelies!! Stay awesome! -Sabrinaa