Chapter 22

I'm so sorry this is super late. I've had a lot on my plate lately, a lot of homework and stuff. I relieved myself today by going shopping :) it was great, to say the least. And as soon as I got home, I began writing my ass off to get this finished for you lovelies :]

Hey lovelies, please don't forget to leave a comment. I think it was chapter 20 that has about 140 comments, and that's the most I've on a chapter, and it made me so happy reading all of them.
Just remember this; it takes writers quite a while to write a chapter, and readers only s few seconds to give a vote and a comment. And the best part is, IT'S FREE!

Love ya! You probably won't love me after this chapter....

__________________________

"She hasn't said anything." I heard Colton say with a sigh.

"She's just a little shocked is all." Whitney tried to explain.

"I should have done something. I should have ripped his throat out when I had the chance."

Their voices were slightly muffled, but I could still understand every word they were saying.

"We would've had two bodies on the ground. Remember his words? Rogues all over the house?" Colton growled in frustration, and I could sense that he was pushing his hands through his hair in irritation. "Colton, she doesn't need a superhero to save her from every little thing that's gets in her way. She just needs your comfort. She needs you." Whitney said softly.

I could hear the door opening as it creaked slightly, and I instantly balled up into a tighter bundle, gathering the blankets around me.

"It's just me again." I stayed silent, immediately feeling safer as I sensed Colton's protectiveness wash over me. He sighed as he sat on the side of the bed, making it tip to his side.

"What does he want?" I asked in a small, raspy voice. Colton's head snapped to me, and he looked slightly relieved. I looked into his eyes, making my terror obvious.

"I don't know." He said, slightly defeated. He sat closer to me, and moved my head into his lap. "You ok?" He asked.

"I'm just scared." I said, thinking back to what had happened.

'Keep her safe.'

The way Derek has said it, it terrified me.

"I'm here." Colton said, rubbing circles with his thumb on my arm.

"Where's Saxon?" I asked. Colton's thumb abruptly stopped the soothing circles, and I looked up to see agitation and jealousy in his eyes. "I don't mean anything by that question, Colton." I said, sitting up.

"I know, it's just...my wolf thinks..." He trailed off.

"That I don't want you?" I asked.

"That we're not enough. My wolf and I." I sat closer to Colton, looking in his eyes with seriousness plastered on mine.

"You're more than enough." I said. "I know I'm not a wolf, and probably won't feel as strong as a connection that you may feel, but I still feel it, and it's pretty strong." I felt a small pang in my chest when that thought struck me.

I'm not a wolf. I'm not like Colton.

Why are we mates?

"Don't think like that." I said softly, looking up at him once again. "Never think you're not worthy of anything, because you are."

It was quiet for a few seconds, before Colton broke the silence.

"You know, for not talking for a while, you sure have great starter conversations." I chuckled, smiling at Colton's now happy face. "There's the smile I love." He said, giving me a kiss on my lips. I tried to hide a small giddy laugh from escaping my lips, and instead went with a small smile.

"So, Saxon." I said, looking at him carefully. There was still slight jealousy in his eyes, but I could tell he was controlling himself.

For me.

"He's in the basement. I sent him there to cool off." I nodded, moving to get out of bed. "You're going to him?" He asked, hurt slightly in his voice.

"I want to find out a few things. Can you come with me?" I asked, slipping my ugg boots on. Colton nodded, getting out of the bed and standing next to me.

I didn't miss the slight smugness in his eyes. I internally rolled my eyes, and opened the door, heading towards the basement.

I passed Whitney, giving her a small smile. She smiled back, slightly relieved.

"Xavier?" I asked once we had reached the stairs that led down to the basement. He snapped his head to me, glancing at Colton, then looking back at me.

"Hello, love." He said, grinning slightly. There was a slight falter in his smile.

"You right?" I asked, inching closer to the door. It was locked.

"I am. Saxon, however..." He trailed off, scratching his neck. "He's been in there ever since you told him. Hasn't said anything, just smashing stuff." He looked at Colton now, shrugging.

"Saxon?" I called.

No answer.

"Sax bomb, I know you're in there." I called, remembering my teasing back when he attempted to kidnap me.

I sighed when there was no answer again, and looked to Colton and Xavier for help.

"Can you kick the door down?" I asked. They rolled their eyes, but nodded. I moved out of the way, and on the count of three, both their right foots collided with the door, which came banging down. "Well, it worked." I said, coughing as the dust surrounded us.

I flew my hand in front of me, trying to rid of the dust. After a few minutes of looking around, I finally found Saxon in the corner with a heap of broken wood next to him.

"Saxon, you alright?" Xavier asked from beside me, walking closer to his Alpha. I stayed behind with Colton, watching carefully.

"Quite the opposite." Saxon growled, clenching his splintered and slightly bloody hands.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

He scoffed, turning around to face us. "And what makes you think I'd want to do that? With you, of all people."

Ok. That hurt.

"I make awesome hot chocolate?" I supplied, taking a small step toward him. Colton was close behind me, his back straighter than usual.

"Do I look five?" He asked in a growl.

"No. But you're acting like it." I said, crossing my arms over my chest as I reached where Xavier was.

"Forget it." He snapped, trying to pass us. I moved in front of him, placing my hands on his chest, and attempting to move him back.

I did no such thing. I think I was the one who moved back slightly.

"Just calm you tits, and talk. You have three people-" I turned to Colton, scrunching my nose up. "Scratch that. You have two people who care about you." I said, facing Saxon again. "And one who wants to find some crap out." I added, thinking of Colton.

Saxon sighed in irritation, glaring at me. I grinned, wiggling my eyebrows.

"I know you're curious about my hot chocolate." I added, grinning wider. He rolled his eyes, huffing.

"Fine." He grumbled. "But only you three. The rest need to leave." I nodded, jutting my lip out.

"Fair enough." I turned to Colton, raising an eyebrow. "Think you can get that to happen, Alpha?" I asked, smiling as a flash of humor crossed his face. He nodded, not saying a word. "Ok then. It's settled. We're having a D&M."

The three men all gave me confused looks, to which I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Deep and meaningful, guys. Deep and meaningful."

_______________

"Nope, you're not going anywhere." I said quickly, holding Whitney by her ear before she could escape the house.

"Indie! I don't want to listen to his family problems." I glared half heartedly at her.

"Whitney, he needs all the support he can get, even if he is too stubborn to admit it. Now get that ass of yours inside the living room." She huffed in annoyance, watching longingly as Hunter, Vance and Nate left through the front door. "Plus, they don't have it easy either. They're on border patrol." I added, pushing her toward the living room where Colton, Saxon, Vincent and Xavier stood, all eyeing each other up.

I cleared my throat, pushing Whitney one last time before standing next to Colton. "You may sit?" I asked, wondering why they weren't already sitting.

Xavier was the first to sit down, quite happily actually. Whitney sat next, followed by Vincent then Colton.

Saxon and I stood, narrowing our eyes at each other.

"Sit." I said.

"I'm not a dog." He snapped. I smirked.

"Technically, ya are." I faked a southern accent, making a motion with my finger for him to sit. After another minute of glaring at me, he gave in and sat next to Xavier.

I finally sat next to Colton, smiling happily.

"Ok." I began. "Who wants to go first?" They all furrowed their eyebrows.

"I thought this was like, an intervention. For Saxon." Xavier said confusedly, his British accent hovering over us.

"Well, you thought wrong." I said.

After a few moments of pure silence, I sighed.

"Look, forcing Saxon to just spit out whatever has him pms-ing won't work. We need to speak. As one." I motioned with my hand around the room.

"Ok, I liked you better when you weren't such a hippy." Vincent said, which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Guys, look. We don't have time for this. We need to get whatever is on our chests out. Derek is God knows where doing God knows what. He said so himself that he had quite a few Rogues surrounding the house." I paused, looking at everyone. "How they even passed the border without us realizing is kinda scary."

"She has a point." Xavier murmured thoughtfully.

"I'm not a wolf, yet it seems like I'm the only one thinking rationally. All you want to do is rip their throats out."

"Damn straight." Saxon growled.

"Although that may be a useful tactic, it's not a smart one. Don't you want to know why your brother is attacking you?"

"Isn't it obvious? He's jealous." Whitney said.

"And a deranged psycho." Vincent added. He paused, looking toward Saxon. "No offense."

"None taken." Saxon replied.

"We all have our opinions on what Derek is. But those are just opinions. We need facts." I turned to Saxon. "And you're the one who can provide us with those lovely facts."

Saxon sighed, rubbing his temples tiredly.

"Fine." He huffed, resting his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward. "It all started when my father found his mat-" I reached over and slapped him upside his head.

"We can skip those parts." I said with a sweet smile, having small satisfaction in slapping him.

"Where do you want me to start?" He asked incredulously.

"When you both had your first shift." Colton supplied.

"So, our sixteenth birthday." Saxon murmured to himself. "It was fucking painful. I remember Derek and I howling in agony. Dad was just watching on, observing. It was supposed to be something we did ourselves, you know. The first shift, the first run as a werewolf. But he insisted on watching. Till this day, I still don't know why. "

He paused, mentally thinking this over. "Anyway." He said, shaking his head. "We did nothing to stop him. I mean, who were we to disrespect our father; the Alpha? It seemed wrong though. For him to watch us shift, and come with us on our first run. I guess it's something Derek and I both agreed on. I know I felt extremely uncomfortable shifting and screaming in pain in front of him. We both did."

I listened with interest, involuntarily moving forward as his story proceeded.

"Derek was pissed. He said he wanted to run free, enjoy his first run; his first shift. Although, I found it hard to believe that it's even possible to enjoy your first shift."

"It isn't." Xavier, Vincent, Whitney and Colton all said at once.

I actually felt a small pang of jealousy. I mean, what's there to be jealous about? Their advanced hearing? Advanced strength? Advanced everything?

Nope. Nothing to be jealous about.

"So anyway, the next day dad brought us into his office to talk. He had said I controlled the shift more than Derek had. He was beating him down, I knew he was. It made me slightly angry, but my pride took over. I didn't say anything about him basically ignoring the fact that he had two sons. I was too egotistic."

"You still are." Colton bluntly said, sniffing and leaning back as if Saxon hadn't just sent him the most deadliest glare one could muster.

"I can be a lot more than egotistical." Saxon growled, standing up slightly before being pushed back down by Xavier.

"Punch me later for 'manhandling' you, but honestly. He has a point." Xavier said, shrugging. Saxon narrowed his eyes at his Beta, clenching his jaw.

"Continue with the story." I said, waving my hand dismissively at Xavier.

After one last glare, he continued.

"Days went on like that. On our birthday, dad would congratulate me on being a year closer to becoming an Alpha. Never once did he say that to Derek." Saxon looked at his hands, almost guiltily. "The year we turned 18, we both decided to get a tattoo. Without dad's permission, obviously." He added. "I remember seeing the happy look on Derek's face. It was like someone actually cared for him, and noticed him. We were both stoked to show wolves in our pack. But soon enough, news got around to my dad, and well...he got pretty angry. Said we shouldn't be marking ourselves with stupidity. He blamed it on Derek, said it was his idea and he was a bad influence. He wasn't Alpha material. He wasn't worthy of the bloodline he inherited. Honestly, I wanted to rip his throat out."

He clenched his fists angrily, closing his eyes for a mere second.

"Yet me being the idiot I was, I didn't say anything. I was shaking, I wanted to shift so badly. But he Commanded me to stay in human form. My own fucking father, Commanded me not to shift. To refuse nature, basically. I couldn't do anything though. It was a Command from an Alpha. So I just stood there, shaking with anger while dad yelled and humiliated Derek in front of others. In front of my mom, in front of our family. Our friends." He shook his head, clenching his jaw. "Honestly, I should have done something. Instead of imitating a fucking mute, I should have stopped him. I could have prevented Derek from turning into this...this psycho that he is now."

He stood abruptly, pacing and pulling on his hair in a frustrated manner.

"He didn't fucking deserve this!" He yelled, kicking the table, causing it to stagger and flip to it's side. I winced, looking as Saxon's face contorted into a mix of emotions.

Pain. Regret. Anger. Guilt.

All rolled into one agonizing expression.

"It was my fucking fault! He was my brother, my fucking blood!"

I looked at Saxon sadly, feeling a small pang of hurt for him.

He actually loved his brother. He loved him. And going from the expression on his face, he missed him.

"Saxon, it wasn't your fau-" I tried, but he cut me off.

"Yes, it fucking was! I stood and watched like a motherfucker as my brother was being humiliated by the stupid bastard I call dad. He ruined us. He ruined Derek and I." His voice was icy cold, but I noticed a slight crack as he said his brother's name. "It was my...it was my fault." This time he didn't try to hide the pain he felt. The anger that seeped through every word, every syllable.

I turned to Colton, knowing that what I was about to ask was pretty risky.

But I had to ask.

"Colton, he needs someone to comfort him." I said softly. Colton furrowed his eyebrows, pointing to Xavier.

"Get him to do it then." He said simply, not understanding what I was asking.

"No, Colton. He needs a hug. I doubt he'd appreciate a hug from his Beta." I snapped my head up as Saxon growled, a mixture of agony and anger as he pushed the sofa he was sitting on away, stomping to the front door.

"No. Absolutely fucking not." I moved my head back to Colton, who was glaring. "You're not touching him, and he's not touching you. You're mine." I sighed, rubbing my forehead frustratedly.

"Colton, you should know by now that I will never look at another guy now that I have you. Why can't you get it through that incredibly thick skull of yours?" I asked, watching slightly as Xavier and Vincent went to see Saxon outside, while Whitney hastily followed.

"I don't care. You're not going anywhere near him. End of discussion." He stood up, making his way up the steps.

"Colton, for the love of God! This man just told us his life's story, and you're just going to walk up the stairs like it's fucking nothing?" I asked incredulously.

"It is nothing. He should grow a pair." I gaped at Colton's behavior.

He's never like this.

"Colton, where is your sympathy for the poor guy?" Colton turned around quickly on the stairs, glaring at me.

"My sympathy went out the fucking window when he showed up." I took a slight step back at his harsh words. "And poor guy? What the fuck has he done, or gone through that gives him that title? Poor guy my ass." My eyes widened in shock.

"Colton, what has gotten into you?" I asked.

"What has gotten into me? What has gotten into me!" He yelled, stomping back down the stairs. "The fact that you want to cuddle up to someone that's not your mate is what has gotten into me. Indie, this isn't a fucking game where you can toy with someones heart. They break, you know."

"Yes, I do know. I do fucking know because it's happened to me." I snapped.

"Boo fucking hoo." He retorted. "Indie had her heart broken. Indie's all torn up inside. Well no one gives a shit." He said, his eyes narrowed with anger.

I stepped back in shock, already feeling my eyes well up.

Why is he acting like this? Did my request seriously get to him that much?

"I-I-I." I stammered, not knowing what to say. I felt this strange churn in my chest, a familiar one.

I staggered back a bit, clutching at my chest as if I was having a heart attack.

Something must have triggered in Colton's mind, because he shook his head, and looked at me in shock. He opened and closed his mouth, no noise coming out of him.

"Indie, I don't know what got over me. I-" I shook my head, taking a few steps back.

"Don't." I said softly, shaking my head as the tears threatened to spill. "Just, don't."

"Indie, please-" He tried again, but I ignored him. I was too hurt to listen to him. I was too hurt to hear him out.

I was too hurt to give a damn.

"What's going on?" Vincent asked from the doorway, looking between Colton and I.

"Indie, just let me-" Colton tried again.

I shook my head again, ignoring his pleads. How could he do that? How could he just yell at me like I meant nothing to him?

My chest thumped against my ribcage, the all familiar cracking loud against my ears.

"Indie, I wasn't-"

"I hate you." I said, softly. I shook my head, biting my lip as the tears slowly rolled down my face. "I hate you." I said with more strength, though it wasn't much.

"You don't. Don't say that, because you don't. You can't." Colton said quickly, shaking his head.

"Yes, I do. And if I don't, I should. I should hate you." I looked into his eyes, watching emotions cross his features in a blur. "I should hate you so much, you son of a bitch." I couldn't help it.

I let out a strangled cry, marching up to Colton. I punched his chest repeatedly with my closed fists, crying out my hurt as I continued banging.

"I hate you! I hate you s-so much. You're a bastard, and I..." I trailed off, my sobs racking through my body as I banged his chest again, weaker and weaker with every strike.

Colton raised his hands, enclosing them around my wrists as I sobbed, my head lolling forwards and resting on his chest.

I was too weak to move; too hurt to care.

"Indie." Colton said softly, his hands still around my wrists, which were now resting beside my head on his chest. "Indie, you don't hate me." He said, almost painfully. "You...you can't." He added, so quietly that I could barely catch it.

"I hate you." I sobbed. "You brought me here. You made me fall for your dumb ass then you hurt me." My voice screamed hurt. "I hate you."

"You can't hate me." He whispered, almost desperately.

____________

A/N

DON'T HATE ME!

Cliffhanger. Sì or no? I don't know, but you probably hate me right now... :( I'm sorry it had to happen.

They aren't destined to be together, someone else is...or are they..?

Anyway, I won't say much else in case I wake up tomorrow morning with a bunch of hate mail.

I'll...i'll shut up. I...hope you enjoyed?

Stay awesome! -Sabrinaa