Chapter 30

...Hey guys. Erm, this is the full chapter. Can't really promise that there won't be any feels... END A/N IS IMPORTANT. IT HAS TO DO WITH INDIE'S CHARACTER!!

I'm gonna shut up now. Enjoy!

__________________

Colton's POV

I stared wide eyed at Indie, my heart sinking as her eyes closed.

"Indie?" I whispered, holding onto her hand tightly.

She can't be...No. No, she has to be alive.

She has to be.

"Indie, baby?" I asked, holding down onto the bullet wound to stop it from bleeding. "Indie!" I shouted, my eyes blurring. "God-fucking-dammit!"

I stood up with an angry cry echoing through the house, my eyes finding Derek's unconscious body.

He groaned, his hand moving to his head.

"You fucking-" I began, kicking his side harshly. "Son." Kick. "Of." Kick. "A fucking." Kick, kick, punch. "Bitch!" Punch.

He coughed violently, getting on his hands and knees as he struggled to stand. I delivered another fierce kick to his ribs, causing him to fall with a loud thud.

"Why?" I screamed in his face, letting out all my anger on him.

He let out a shaky chuckle, spitting out the blood that gathered in his mouth.

My wolf was whining loudly, wanting to get back to Indie.

"Why?!" I asked again, slipping my foot past his knee, causing him to slip.

"It wasn't a fucking choice!" He growled, spitting out more blood.

"Enlighten me on what the fuck that was then!" I growled, punching his cheek again.

"Colton!" Vincent yelled, running next to me. "I heard gun shots." He breathed, looking around the room. "What happened?" He asked, looking down at Derek confusedly.

"He fucking killed her." I said, my voice barely a whisper. "She's gone." Vincent looked at me confusedly, looking around, before his eyes set on Indie. They widened considerably, his expression full of shock. "No pulse. No breathing. Nothing." I said, looking back at Indie's limp body.

Another strangled cry left my lips as I neared her body, my wolf whining sadly inside of me.

I fell to my knees, my eyes blurring as I took in her features.

"Indie..."

________________

I sat with angst on the couch as I waited for the news. My wolf was still howling in agony at the loss of our mate.

"She can't be..." I said quietly, shaking my head. "I would have felt it." I said to Vincent, although my chest felt incredibly heavy.

"We'll find out soon." He said carefully, watching me warily as I stood up, a strangled growl leaving my lips. I went to the front door, and closed it tightly with a loud slam.

I don't think I'll be able to deal with the fact that Indie may be dead. I would have felt something; anything, to notify me of the loss of my mate.

But the fact that I couldn't even hear her heart beat was keeping me on edge.

I kicked the porch wall angrily, my mind running back to the time I had found her.

______FLASHBACK______

I sighed in annoyance, looking at the all the fresh fruits and vegetables.

Why am I even here?

'Just, trust me.' My wolf said, angst filling him as he waited.

'You better be right about this.' I said to him, looking around me, before looking back down at the objects in my hand. I grimaced at the sight of mushrooms.

Gross.

'I smell something.' My wolf rose to full attention now, as did I, as I sniffed inconspicuously until I could find the scent.

It was a mix of lemon and sugar.

'Couldn't be more perfect.' My wolf muttered, still on edge.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around, not being able to put the smell to a specific something.

Or someone.

Before I could take further action, something made contact with my side. I huffed in annoyance, glaring down at the trolley, before my eyes snapped up as the person spoke.

"Shit." She hissed. "Sorry dude. Totally didn't see you there." She smiled sheepishly. "I'll be going now." Fixing her cart, she sent a small salute, and walked away.

I widened my eyes as my wolf spoke.

'Mate.'

The lemon and sugar scent. The brown hair, the green eyes, the somehow girly somehow tom boy look she had. Her eyebrow piercing made her even more irresistible.

She was perfect. And she was mine.

I stared at her in happiness, watching as she furrowed her eyebrows and picked up two mushrooms. She finally let a big grin take over her face as she set them in her cart, casting a glance to me, then looking away.

"Weirdo." I heard her mutter. I raised an eyebrow in question.

Why isn't she running into my arms? Isn't that what you're meant to do when you find your mate?

My wolf finally noticed something, as he stood stock still.

'She's a human.' He muttered quietly, confused on whether he liked that or not.

'Human or not, she's our mate.' I said to him, finally walking after her. I dropped my hand on her wrist, smiling in satisfaction.

"Mine." I muttered, not loud enough for her to hear.

"May I ask why you're touching me?" She asked, attempting to pull her hands free of my grip. I didn't let go as the infamous sparks that every wolf talks about finally became noticeable under my hand.

But she didn't feel it.

I didn't answer her question as I stared at her piercing, my wolf and I liking the way it suited her perfectly.

'She'll be Luna soon. The elders won't appreciate that piercing as much as we do.'

He had a point there.

I narrowed my eyes at it, muttering quietly.

"That needs to go." She furrowed her eyebrows, looking around her, before setting her eyes back on me.

'Where they should be.' My wolf said possessively.

"Look dude, I don't know who you are, or what you want from me, but I need to buy these things and get home to my mom." She said, her face a mere wince. I instantly loosened my grip on her wrist, not wanting to hurt her. "Awesome." She said, nodding. "Now if you let go completely..." She trailed off.

It's not like I was going to let go though. Not if the chances of her running away are pretty high.

And they were.

"Ok." She muttered, shuffling her feet. "Plan B." Without giving me a chance to react in the slightest, she brought her knee up to my area, and gave a good, hard stroke that even I felt.

I loosened my hands on her wrist, which she took advantage of and ran away. I quickly took off after her, cursing myself for letting go.

"Why are you chasing me?" She screamed, and if the situation wasn't what it was now, I would have laughed.

'Comedic. She's even more perfect.' My wolf muttered, which I definitely agreed on.

_______END_______

A ghost of a smile landed on my lips as I thought over all the times we had spent together.

Her sarcastic remarks; the way she raises her eyebrows every time she proves me wrong. The way she slides down the pole of the stairs instead of going down them like a normal person.

She's different. And it's perfect.

"Colton." Vincent said urgently, snapping me out of my haze. I looked up expectantly, then quickly rose to my feet at the alarmed look on his face. "It's Indie."

I rushed inside, looking around me, before bolting up the stairs in a hurry. I opened the door she and the pack doctor Dave had brought along with him in.

There she was. Laying stock still on a plain bed.

"Is she...?" I asked, breathless. I felt my heart sink at the thought. I walked slowly to her, picking up her small, cold hand in my much larger one.

"No, she's not." The doctor said. I sighed in relief, staring at her still expressions. "However, she's barely alive. The bullet did a lot of internal damage. On top of that, it also caused a severe amount of blood to be lost. Her heart's working hard on trying to maintain the blood, but with the way she's going..." He trailed off, an apologetic look on his face.

I clenched my hands, my eyes making their way back to her features.

"So there's nothing we can do?" I asked painfully, holding her hand tightly in mine.

"Nothing that will assure us she'll live after it." He said, shaking his head.

"But there is something?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

He sighed, almost looking like he didn't want to say this.

"What is it?" I asked, my full attention now on him. He stuttered, not being able to word what he had to say.

"This won't guarantee us that she'll live," He said, his eyes skeptical on the idea. "But if she were a shifter, then her body will heal much faster because of the wolf's advanced abilities."

I pursed my lips in deep thought.

"So in order for her to live, she has to be turned?" I asked.

The doctor shook his head.

"Like I said, this won't assure us she'll live. It's a big risk, if you're willing to take it." He said. "It's your choice. Right now, she's not in the most stable condition, and the chances of her living are the same as her living is she were turned." He shrugged apologetically. "It's a fifty fifty chance."

I nodded, looking back at Indie.

Her breathing was barely audible. There was absolutely no movement coming from her.

It was almost like she was gone.

But she isn't.

"I'll leave you along for a few minutes." He said, nodding his head respectfully as he left the room. I stared at her pale face, my heart sinking.

'She's gone.' My wolf whined, not wanting to accept the fact.

'There's still a chance. We could try to turn her.' I said to him, not wanting to go through with the action, but wanting to do something to help her.

'What if her body can't take the change? You know how the first shift is. We both do.' He argued.

'It's better than doing nothing. I can't stand seeing her like this. Seeing her so vulnerable. It shouldn't be like this.' I said angrily.

'If you're willing to put her life at risk by giving her the bite, then go ahead.'

'Her life is at risk either way!' I growled to him.

I sighed in irritably, looking back at Indie.

'What would she want? You and I both know she would hate to be left vulnerable.' My wolf spoke once again.

'We'll never know if the shift will work unless we try.' I said finally, mentally making my mind up on what I planned to do to help Indie.

'Are you sure?' My wolf asked warily, not wanting to take a chance.

'It's now or never.'

___________________

EEEEEK!! Indie's not dead! But then again, she's barely alive. I bet you're conflicted, eh? Whether to love me for not killing her, but to hate me for doing....that to Colton. Yeah, I'm sorry for the feels. It has to happen.

Now, over to your right. (It is the right, right?) you will see three photos of some people I found to play Indie. Now, it's up to YOU fellow readers to vote on which one. When or if you comment, just type either A, B or C. I shall calculate the results and the actress that will play Indie will be revealed next chappy :)

I love you all gorgeous people! So glad the I had a MAHOOSSIVE amount of comments, reads and votes on the last chapter, even though it was mainly about killing me in my sleep....

OK, I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Stay awesome! -Sabrinaa