Chapter 12

A/N: Firstly, thanks for all the Votes and Comments! omfg I love you guys and I'm SO Happy you like this story. Keep commenting & voting and the faster I'll try to update! much love xx. 

Harry's P.O.V.

     It was nothing like I expected. When I imagined kissing her, it was nothing like this. I expected lust and heat and a drive to just tear her clothes off, but I didn't want any of that when I kissed her. I wanted to cup her cheek, pull her close, and make it last. But, she pulled away too fast with wide eyes and parted lips, like she couldn't believe she just kissed me. I'm sure my face was just as shocked, but I couldn't help but just stare at her.

     "I'm sorry," she whispered, stepping down from the car and dipping her head as she walked away. I didn't know what to do, and, by the time I got one foot out of the car to try and stop her, she was already at her front door. I cursed and slammed my door shut. I wouldn't have known what to say anyway, but I needed to say something

Cryssy's P.O.V.

    I was never one to do things spontaneously. I was a more of plan out or go with the flow type of girl. Maybe once a month, I'd come up with some crazy idea and go with it just for fun, but, unless I was wasted out of my mind, I would never just kiss a guy. I was very picky about my men because I was well aware of the hurt they cause when you fall too easily. Yet, there I was, planting one on Harry like we'd been dating for weeks. 

    "Stupid, stupid, stupid," I muttered bitterly after throwing myself onto the couch. Now, everything was going to get awkward again, and Louis would be mad at me for not talking to Harry. I kind of felt like I might lose him as a friend. Harry was the type of guy who didn't care about anyone, and to say he liked me, meant he liked my body . . . So, I shouldn't have kissed him. 

    I shouldn't have kissed him because I promised Louis to help Harry, not kiss him. I shouldn't have kissed him because he dosen't really like me. I shouldn't have kissed him because now I have that feeling in my chest, weighing it down and I know what it is and I really don't want it. I don't want to like Harry Styles. He's dangerous and cruel, and I could get so hurt by just being around him. But I do. I like him alot. And we kissed. And it was wonderful.

~

    It'd only been a day, but I was still immensely irritated by the fact that Harry would not get out of my head the entire day. Trying to study anatomy while imagining Harry's lips against mine wasn't very . . .pleasurable. I tucked my books under my arm and exited the room when my professor dismissed us. I didn't have many friends in Uni, so I headed straight out to the front of the school so I could walk to the bus stop. I didn't have a car since my savings could only cover my home, food and clothes until I graduated, but home wasn't far, anyway. 

    The sun was unusually high today, and it was warm against my pale skin. I was half-tempted to visit my best friend's house and waste time at her pool for the rest of the day, until a tall figure waiting just outside caught my attention.  He leaned against one of the poles, browsing away on his cell. I couldn't imagine what he was doing here, until his head tilted up and he saw me. Smiling, he waved. My arm lifted slightly, on its own, and I waved back. My feet carried me over to him. He smiled, and I returned it. 

    "What are you doing here?" 

    "Just, uh, came to say hello. Louis said you get out at noon and normally take the bus home, so I thought I'd give you a ride?" he asked, his hands shoved into his pockets and, with how long his arms were, it left his shoulders slightly raised. He looked so innocent for a boxer. 

    "Uhm, sure. Thanks," He nodded and turned on his heels. I followed, ignoring the strange looks of the passing students. "You know, people are looking at us funny," I mumbled from his side and he chuckled. 

    "People always look at you funny when you're popular."

    "Well, excuse me, Mr. Boxer Pants," Harry laughed again, throwing his head back slightly and mouth agape showing off his deep dimples. I really liked his laugh. It showed he did care enough to laugh about things and find joy in life other than working all the time. My cheeks tinted pink, and I pulled my books in front of me to clutch near my chest but, as I did, Harry took them and put them under his arm. "Hey! Those cost a lot of money, you know." I could see Harry roll his eyes from beneath the sunglasses he wore.

    "I'm just carrying them for you. Unless you'd like to carry them yourself?" he mused, holding both my quite large text books in one hand and out for me to take. 

    "Oh no, I'm good. Thank you," I giggled, pushing his hand back a little and he laughed again as we made it to his car. We both took our seats, and Harry put my books in the back seat before starting the car. It wasn't until we started to leave that he spoke again. 

    "Wanna go to lunch?" I blinked, slightly confused.

    "Really?"

    "Well, I mean if you don't want to, you don't have to. I just thought that since it's around noon, and if you hadn't eaten, you might, like, wanna go for lunch, but you don't have to," he rambled. A small smile took over my lips as he rambled on. 

    "I'd love to, Harry. Sure." 

    A full tummy of Italian food later, Harry was taking me home. I felt antsy; I wanted to talk to Harry about the kiss. Find out what he thought and how the hell we've made it through a few hours without  fighting for once. But I didn't want to ruin it. I liked it this way, as friends. 

    "Thanks for the ride, Harry." Harry bobbed his head and smiled, before leaning into the back seat and grabbing my books. I thanked him again, and reached out for the door until he spoke again. 

    "Wait, about last night," he began and I felt my heart beat so quick, I thought it'd pound right out of my chest. "I'm sorry for getting into a fight," he said, and my heart dipped a little

    "It's fine, Harry."

    "So we're okay then?" he asked, and I could tell that was definitely a loaded question. Are we okay as friends? Are we okay with the kiss last night? 

    "Perfect," I smiled. Now, that was a lie. Harry nodded, and I exited the car, I couldn't deny that I was upset with myself for not talking about it. But, I needed time to think it through, and today was just not that day.

     As soon as I made it inside, I called Lou. He came by twenty minutes later to talk things out with me. Even though I knew he'd give me an earful, he was the only one who knew both Harry and myself very well and cared enough to listen. And I needed it. Especially after Harry's little visit today, I was more confused than ever. 

    "So, let me get this straight," Louis laughed, holding up his index finger towards me. "First, you refuse to listen to me when I say he cares, yet the second the words, 'I like you' slip past his lips, you kiss him? You're fucking with me, right?" he half laughed. I rolled my eyes. 

    "Shut up, Louis, this is serious!" Lou stifled a laugh before pushing himself of my couch and waltzing over to me and resting a hand on my shoulder. He smiled. 

    "Cryssy, you two obviously like each other. The both of you are hot-tempered hippies, and I don't see why you can't just go out." I frowned as Louis put an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into his side. 

    "But Lou, what if it was only a slip of the tongue? What if he doesn't like me? Today, he acted like everything as fine, like we were just old friends."

    "Stop over thinking things Cryssy. Live in the moment like you did in the car, because everything else is uncertain." 

    "Wise words," I mumbled sarcastically. He chuckled and kissed my temple. 

    "As always," he agreed. "But honestly, I know you won't believe me when I say this, but Harry's a shy guy. Just ask him about the kiss, and you'll see I was right all along." 

    "So, how do I ask?" 

    "well-" Louis was cut off by buzzing and I huffed before pulling away and grabbing my phone off the coffee table. Harry's name flashed across the screen and I nearly dropped it. 

    "Oh," I mumbled.

    "Answer it!" Louis whisper-shouted.

    "Get out first!" I copied.

    "Why?!?!"

    "Because this is private, you idiot!" Louis rolled his eyes, but walked towards door as I pushed the answer button and pressed it to my ear. "hello?"

    "HI, HARRY!" I facepalmed as Louis escaped out the door and huffed. 

    "Was that Louis?"

    "Yeah," I mumbled. "Ass-hole has nothing better to do with his life, apparently," Harry laughed and I could just imagine him tilting his head back and belting it out like a song. "So um, what's up?" I asked. 

    "Oh, uh, I know we just went out for lunch today, but I was thinking maybe we could do it again tomorrow and um . . .talk?" My heart hammered and my cheeks flushed. I found it kind of hard to breathe and come up a response.

    "Erm, yeah. Totally," I replied, practically feeling the awkward that would follow and it did. 

    "Uh, cool. So, see you tomorrow."

    "Yeah . . ."

    "Yeah . . ."

    "Bye," I answered, hanging up immediately after. "I am such a fucking idiot, oh my god." 

    "You can say that again."

    "LOUIS, GO HOME."