Chapter 20

Cryssy's P.O.V.

     I tugged my shirt over my head as Liam babbled outside my bathroom door about how exciting going to the fight would be. I gave an occasional 'yeah' or 'mhm' to let him know I was listening as I dressed. Liam had yet to find out Harry and I had a thing before we met, and although I felt guilty, it was only a two day romance. So maybe it wasn't that bad I hadn't said anything. 

     "Are you ready yet, love?" Liam called from the other side of the door. I sighed quietly and tugged my pony tail a little tighter before exiting. Liam was beaming as I opened the door, dressed nicely in a white t-shirt, black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. 

     "Ready," I agreed. His grin somehow managed to get bigger as he grabbed my hand.

     "Ohh this is going to be great!" I giggled despite my own nervousness and followed Liam out of my house. I locked the door behind us and followed Liam to my door, which he opened as he always did. One great thing about Liam was that he was a true gentleman. I smiled and got in, Liam closing the door behind me, then jogging around to his side to get in. The ride was short but filled with Liam's pointless babbling I'd come to enjoy. He found joy in anything and loved telling me about funny things that happened that day, and then he'd listen to me and actually care about what I was saying, and it was really nice to have him. 

     Liam laced our fingers together as we approached the box office. I gave them my name and they handed me two tickets with Harry's signature on the back and my name next to it. I thanked the man and led Liam around. I was fairly familiar with the place still, so it was easy to find our seats in the front row, right next to what I presumed was Harry's corner, considering Matt was there and he talking to someone. Of course Harry would get us seats here. Johnny Cash played softly over the speakers as the arena began to fill, and I guessed it was by Harry's request. He loved old music. 

     "So, how do you know Harry?" Liam piped up as we took our seat. I felt my heart stutter a bit and took a deep breath. 

     "I, uh, met him through Louis," I answered and Liam frowned. 

     "You seem a bit uneasy. Are you okay?" he asked, and I nodded.

     "It's just . . . Harry and I-" I was cut off by the announcer's voice and, although I didn't mean to, I let out a sigh of relief as Liam's attention was drawn to the voice. Liam's face lit up like a kid in a candy store as the lights dimmed and I squeezed his hand, listening to the announcer as well. We watched as Harry's opponent jogged out from the opposite wing, receiving a fair amount of boo's since this was mainly Harry's territory. The crowd lit up completely as Harry's name was said, and we watched as he jogged out of the wing closest to us. He was smirking as always, and he had a black silk robe hanging loosely around his tall frame. His boxing gloves were hung over his shoulder and he sent a curt wave our way and smiled. I smiled back as Harry got ready, trying to hide the fact that my heart was about to hammer out of my chest. I always got nervous when it came to Harry's fight, and when I heard he lost one last week, I nearly had a heart attack until I learned he was okay. 

     Harry was untouchable. He danced around the ring with grace, each hit coming harder than the last. For being so lanky, Harry had excellent control of his limbs when he fought. Liam was literally on the edge of his seat the entire time, cheering him on, which made me smile. I'd occasionally stand up with him and yell at Harry to beat the jerk down.  At one point, when his opponent was knocked down, he turned and raised his fists causing the crowd to scream like crazy. His eyes landed  me and he winked, causing me to blush a bright pink as I smiled up at him. 

     In the end, the referee raised Harry's hand and announced him the winner, causing the entire room to erupt in cheers. Liam hooted and hollered his encouragements, and I felt bad he didn't know he was cheering on my ex-boyfriend.

     "That was amazing!" Liam shouted over the cheers, and I nodded in agreement, turning back to look at the ring. Harry was still beaming from his spot, and when the ref finally let go, he slipped through the ropes and walked over to us. 

     "I'll meet you outside for a little celebrating, ya?" he asked, and Liam nodded without hesitation, telling him he did amazing. Harry just smirked and shot me another wink, and I was surprised Liam didn't suspect a thing. Harry left, so Liam took my hand again and I led him outside. People babbled about the fight around us, most of the girls fawning over how hot Harry was, and I couldn't stop the jealousy from welling within me and bubbling in the pit of my stomach. They were talking about my Harry

     Wait, wait no. Harry wasn't mine. He was just a friend. 

     I huffed out a breath as we passed the gossiping girls, who gave me a glare, obviously knowing I was of more importance to Harry than they were considering he walked up me tonight and not them.