Chapter 19

A/N: If you don't remember who Levy is I suggest skimming chapter 1 real quick :)

     Harry's curls flopped down over his forehead lazily, his normal half-wilted quiff seeming to be too much for him nowadays. He was in a relationship with Lacey Burman, his manager saying she was good for his image and, although he never agreed with what they said and steered clear of what they told him to do, he didn't fight them on this one. He let her use him for fame and let his boss use her to make him look even better. Harry felt like a zombie. He missed the days he'd go out and party and just be free, but the moment, he stepped back in to the gym Monday morning, there was a whole new set of rules set up for him to follow or he'd lose his job. Boxing was all Harry had, and he couldn't give it up, so he went with it. Lacey came to every match, cheering him on from the stands in a skimpy outfit with the other boxer's girlfriends. He still searched the crowd for someone else though, but every night, he'd come up empty-handed. Whenever the door opened to the gym, he'd turn to see who entered and would be disappointed each time. No one could see it, but Harry was broken again. After so long of distancing himself, one girl he didn't mean to meet changed it all in the few weeks she knew him and broke him in two measly days. He was mad at himself for caring and mad at her for hurting him, and he was mad at the world for being so cruel. Harry lost his first match the week he'd gotten back. It shocked everyone, even himself. But he couldn't help it. His mind was lost and he needed someone to pick him back up again. 

     Harry was in the gym today, Lacey was at her flat probably waiting for him, but he choose to stay late again and practice because he felt he needed it and he also really didn't want to face Lacey again. After a few days with her, he'd gotten tired of her, but Matt said she needed to stick around, so he let her. He never brought her home though; he'd visit her when he had to for the public, but that was it. Harry struck the bag again hard and waited for it to swing back before striking again. It was nearly 9 p.m. and the gym was slowly becoming less occupied. A voice behind the overly-worked curly headed boxer, though, caused him to stop.

     "So, this is what you've become, Harry? Bitter and alone with some slut at your side for a good image? I thought I taught you better." Harry sneered, turning away from his punching bag to snap at whoever was talking, but stopped. Levy gave him a disappointed look as he watched Harry struggle to catch his breath and come up with something to say. 

     "Y-you left," he finally huffed out weakly. 

     "Yes I did, because I believed you were ready to move on yourself. I didn't realize you'd become some robot for the media."

     "It's not my fau-"

     "I know it's not. It's Cryssy's, isn't it?" Harry's eyes widened greatly. 

     "H-how did you-"

     "She's my niece, Harold. I went to visit her the other day and asked her how she was. She said she met a great guy but it ended badly and that he was a boxer with a temper, and I knew immediately it was you. Apparently, she's with someone else now. I hear you had a bit of a fight last Friday?" Levy hummed, taking a seat on the bench not far from were Harry stood by his punching bag, and Harry nodded, still trying to wrap is head around the fact his former coach was not only famous, but Cryssy's uncle. 

     "So what? And why are you here?! You left, and now suddenly you show up to talk about my relationship problems!" Harry was yelling now. "Fuck you!" The old man sighed as Harry stormed off, the entire gym watching curiously as Levy smiled at them, well aware of who he was.

     "He's always had that temper," Levy joked, then followed him into the locker room. At the sight  of a steaming Harry, the locker room was quick to clear out, leaving just Levy and Harry to talk. "You know, I came back to see how you were doing regardless. Is it a crime that I wanted to check on my niece as well?" Levy asked, and Harry huffed, stripping off his clothes without shame and heading to the showers. Levy waited until he came back to talk again. "Tell me, Harry, you were doing fine a few months ago. Not being controlled by anyone. Now, you are a puppet. What happened?" 

     Harry heaved a sigh of defeat after he pulled on his gym shorts and took a seat on the bench next to Levy. "I started to care," he murmured pathetically.

     "And what's wrong with caring?"

     "Well, after you left, I promised myself I wouldn't care about anyone anymore. I didn't want to get hurt, so I boxed and I never gave a fuck what people thought . . . then I met Cryssy." Levy smiled. 

     "She has that affect on people, doesn't she?" he laughed. "If I know my niece at all, she still likes you," Levy commented, and Harry sighed. 

     "Then why did she dump me?"

     "Because, my dear boy, from what she explained, you two fight as bad as her parents do! She's terrified of that, and with your tempers put together, I'm not surprised. But I'm telling you, Harry, give her another shot."

     "Isn't she dating that Liam guy?"

     "He dosen't have her heart like you do." Harry smiled a bit at that. 

     "Thanks."

     "No problem, kid," Levy heaved himself off the bench and began to walk out of the locker rooms.

     "Wait! That's it?" Harry asked. "You're not gonna tell me how to get her back, or why you left, or how to stop the media from controlling me?!"

     "You can do that yourself," Levy smiled. "See ya around, kid." And then, he disappeared around the corner. Harry was half convinced he was a ghost of his past, but smiled anyway. Despite everything he had believed, not everyone did leave permanently and, although Harry didn't feel it now, he was starting to care again.