Chapter 34

Kinda a long chapter :)

He waited a while, until he could count the time between her breathe. When her breathing was completely even and he  was sure she was asleep. He muttered those three words softly into her hair, lowly and unsure. Closing his eyes quickly when she shifted in her sleep, maybe it was sleep talking. When she didn't move for awhile he peeked through my lashes and stared down at her peaceful face. The words were on the tip of his tongue ready to be thrown out and into the open but he wasn't ready. 

Harry hated the whole feelings thing. It was new to him and made him feel weak as hell to be so under her spell but he couldn't help it. Something about her was able to reach inside him and pull at the strings of his heart. He wasn't even sure how to explain what he felt after years of bottling them all up. He was a 16yr old mamma's boy at heart and he knew it. Cryssy brought it out of him in a way he couldn't describe and wanted it to just go away but at the same time..he never wanted her to leave. It was all just so confusing. 

Harry let his fingers glide across the skin of her arm, smiling to himself as goosebumps rose over the skin he touched. Even in her sleep he had this amazing effect on her. Harry softly pressed his lips against her bare shoulder in a kiss and he watched her sleep. For hours he lie awake just thinking about how much he's changed and all because of one girl he couldn't stand and now would jump out in front of a bus for if it meant saving her life.

Around midnight Cryssy shifted in her sleep, a frown creasing her brow as she whimpered. Harry was close to sleep but immediately awoke at her stirring, wrapping on of his legs around hers and pulling her flush against his chest until the whimpering subsided. He was rewarded with a sigh of content and smiled to himself. He was surprised with himself by how much he truly cared for her. 

Cryssy's P.O.V.

I remembered an arena. Harry in the middle, slumping against the ropes. Blood dripping from his stained lips as sweat slipped down his temple. A burly man with a cruel smile and wicked laughter approached him, grabbing him by his neck and hoisting him up roughly like nothing I had ever seen. Harry chocked and sputtered out blood as he frantically grasped the mans fingers clenching around his throat. I was screaming but no one heard as the watched. All eyes feeding mindlessly into the violence taking place in the ring. I screamed out Harry's name and ran forward but suddenly my limbs weren't in my control anymore. All I could do was watch as the cruel man took one last swing and Harry was knocked to the floor. Suddenly everything disappeared, leaving just Harry and I. He was laying on the ground in a pool of his own blood and I cried, clutching his hand close to my chest as I screamed for him to come back but he was gone. 

~

The sun was hot against my back when I finally woke up. My eyes fluttering open to meet Harry's peaceful sleeping face. I smiled slightly, feeling our legs entwined beneath the sheets and one of his arms placed around my waist. We must have gotten closer while we were dreaming. I hoped I wasn't talking in my sleep, I'd hate to have to tell him I had a nightmare about him getting killed similarly to the way his family was, only difference is I was there too watch along with hundreds of others who did nothing to help save him. I shivered at the thought and began to contemplate getting out of bed and calling Nina. I promised I'd call her at some point but I've been so invested in Harry I'd completely forgotten about it.

Just as I began to move Harry shifted in his sleep and yawned just before opening his eyes. My heart fluttered as I caught a glimpse of his stunning green eyes. Sleep still lingered within in them but they were amazing nonetheless. "Morning love" he spoke lowly, his voice raspy and deep. I smiled and scooted just a bit closer to kiss his lips. 

"Morning" I nuzzled my head into his chest after that, feeling comfortable in his strong embrace. 

"Sleep well?" I hummed into his chest in response and he chuckled. "good, you know last night I was being gentle" he remarked, I stared up at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"I take it that won't be happening again?"

"Not a chance"  he winked suggestively. "Want to go round two now?" he grinned. 

"Not a chance" I mimicked cheekily. Harry laughed until I began to roll off to my side of the bed. 

"Where are you going?"

"Shower" I answered simply.

"Nooo" Harry moaned, reaching over the expanse of blankets to try and grab me again. "Stay and cuddle?"

"Oh now you want to cuddle?" I giggled. Harry nodded with a sheepish smile. I rolled my eyes and leaned over to him, holding the comforter over my chest before pecking his lips. 

"Later" Harry groaned in response as I dragged the blanket off the bed and carried it to the bathroom with me to cover myself leaving Harry with only a sheet to cover himself. 

"Why must you leave me in my time of need?!" Harry groaned dramatically. I chuckled lightly and closed the bathroom door. I was in love with a complete dork.

An hour later I was dressed in ripped black shorts, a white tank top, black boots, and one of Harry's fedoras just because it was sitting on the dresser begging for me to take it while Harry occupied the shower. Skipping down the hall I pulled out my cell and typed in Nina's number, it rang three times as I grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl in the kitchen and sat on the stool at the bar. "Cryssy! Haven't heard from you in AGES. I thought you fell off the face of the planet! Lemme get El on the other line" she blabbed quickly, I rolled my eyes as the line went silent as she rang El. A minute later both their cheery voices rang trough the line. "So! Tell us the details what have you been up to girl!"

"Oh yes please spill!" El cheered, I smiled lightly to myself as I thought of how their reaction to the past week and a half here would be. 

"Well guys, to start....I fell in love with him" I sighed. Squeals of excitement sounded from the receiver making me laugh. 

"Oh my gosh! Did you tell him yet?! Or are you waiting?" Nina questioned immediately after her im prompt to shriek. 

I chuckled, "Yeah he knows"

"Did he say it back?" El inquired. I chewed my lip a bit before answering. I wasn't quite sure how to tell them about Harry or if I should at all. 

"He can't" I finally stated. "He's got this thing with his past, and well he just can't and I-"

"Listen Cryssy we all have pasts he shouldn't let that stop him from loving someone" Nina interrupted sternly. 

"Nina, it has to do with his family. It's a really big thing for him and I don't blame him for not being able to say those three words. It's a big deal. Maybe one day I'll tell you but not now okay?" Nina hummed in the background before sighing. 

"Alright, as long as your okay with it"

"I am"

"Wait so, you love him, have you done it yet?" Eleanor asked, she and Nina knew well of my no sex rule when dating guys despite the constant teasing. I bit my lip and smiled, even though they couldn't see me they knew the answer immediately. "Oh my god! How was he?!"

"How rough was he!? I bet a lot considering he's a boxer OMG do you have bruises?!" Nina squealed. 

"Jeeze guys calm down" I giggled. "but no, I don't have bruises because he was not rough Nina and El..he was damn good" I sighed. Both of them giggled from the other end of the line as we babbled on. 

"Did you guys use protection?" El asked. 

"I'm on the pill" I replied. 

"Better not miss taking it now Cryssy, don't want you a mum in uni" Nina commented. 

"yeah yeah I know better" I muttered. "I'm NOT taking after my mum. whether it be high school or Uni" 

"Good" Nina replied approvingly. "Well we should let you back to fucking. Have a nice time!" she cheered. 

"Bye lovely, see you next week!" Eleanor added. The line went dead and I smiled just before locking my phone and taking a bite of my banana that I'd been holding. 

"I hope you're willing to share that?" Harry's voice rang from behind me. I chuckled as he slipped his arms around my waist and pecked my cheek. I held it out for him to bite off of and he nearly bit off half making me glare. "Sorry big mouth" he winked. "Is that my hat?!" I chuckled at his sudden change in conversation. 

"Oh you noticed?" 

"It's my hat!""

"It goes with my outfit" I grinned. 

"I expect that back safely yeah?" I rolled my eyes but nodded. 

"So what's on today's agenda?" 

Harry smirked.