Chapter 23

The sun was finally beginning to set meaning light colors of pink,yellow,orange and purple took too the sky, covering it completely like a beautiful piece of artwork. I always loved sunsets. When my parents fought I'd always climb out my window and onto the roof to watch the sun set and usually stay out a little longer too watch the stars, it was my favorite way to distract myself and drown out the fighting downstairs. "You still wear that?" I looked over to Harry, lying next to me in the grass and gave him a peculiar look. He reached down and grabbed my wrist, pulling up my hand to show the silver ring on my middle finger.It was the ring Harry had given to me at lunch before he asked me out. I blushed a small pink, I'd forgotten about it completely. 

"Oh yeah.."

"Guess you kept your promise" Harry smiled, setting my hand back down in the grass with a small smile I couldn't help but copy it. A few seconds later when I began to watch the clouds again Harry's hand slipped in mine and I didn't protest. It was wrong, oh it was so wrong. But it felt right and i couldn't bring myself to pull away from his touch, which I've come to find I never can.

"Do  you ever wonder what it's like being a cloud? To just watch everything below for a while before disappearing off to somewhere else" I pursped my lips at Harry question. 

"It must be nice. I want to be a cloud"  I concluded. 

"your a weird one" Harry told me 

"You're the one who asked the cloud question."

"I never said I wasn't weird"

"Well then stop pointing out my weirdness" I pouted and Harry laughed

"But I like your weirdness" He finally answered, turning onto his side and propping himself up on his elbow to watch my face with his same dimpled smile I'd come to love. I was about to reply when 'Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons' sounded from my back pocket. I squeezed my eyes closed and sighed deeply before pulling it out. That was Liam's ring tone, so when I answered I knew I already sounded guilty. 

"Hello?" I got up from my spot next to Harry and began to walk the other way with my phone against my ear. 

"Hey babe, where ya at? I stopped by your flat with Chinese and you weren't there. I hope you don't mind I dropped by Nialls and let him take it. The poor guys going sick with school food."

"Oh, sorry. I uhm ended up hanging out with a friend. Sorry I didn't text you"

"It's alright love, care to have movie night later or are you getting a little sick of me?" he laughed and I tried my best to give one as well but it was weak and not too convincing.  "Are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah, sorry. You can come over, I'll be home in about an hour."

"Okay love, see you then"

"Bye"

"Bye, bye beautiful" I felt a twinge of pain hit my heart as I hit 'end' and slid my phone into my back pocket.

"We need to go" I sighed and Harry nodded, twirling the keys around his index finger.

At first the walk back was a little awkward until Harry brought up the meaning behind a persons ring tone. "Seriously, Louis ring tone for Eleanor is 'Wake me up by Ed Sheeran', now tell me he dosen't dig her?"

"Of course he likes her, he asked her out dimwit"

" Does she know he loves her?"

"What? No! How do you know?"

"The lyrics in the song are 'cause baby you're lovable' as well as 'you will never know just how beautiful you are to me' I asked him about it and he confessed. Proof" harry smiled triumphantly. "Like your ring tone for Liam, the lyrics prove you don't feel completely the same for him, I mean ' If I bring you down, I'll bleed it out for you' sounds a lot like you your gonna hurt him but suffer through it anyways." 

"you look into thing way to much Harry" I laughed even thought it was kind of true. 

"I do not, I know exactly what I'm saying."

"Oh really? Then what's your ring tone for me?" I challenged and Harry went pink. 

"That's nothing too worry about, maybe I am looking a bit into thing" he laughed awkwardly and staring ahead at the path, I chuckled slightly and pulled  out my phone too type in Harry's number, waiting only a few seconds before 'R U Mine? by Arctic Monkeys' began too play and I smiled. 

"Nice choice Harry. I like it" I laughed and Harry glared. 

"Not funny" 

"Oh it's very funny"

"Your turn" he said suddenly and seconds later my phone began to ring out 'Is it me by The Kooks'. 

'Is it me?
Is it you?
Is it the times that we're living through. 
Was it hard when I had to leave?
That day you seemed to change'

"Oh fuck" I cursed, grabbing it and silencing it. I looked over to Harry who held a triumphant smile on his lips. "I just like that song okay" 

"Oh sure" he smiled as we made it too the car and I glared. How was he always right with dumb stuff like song meanings. Stupid stupid boy.  I mentally cursed. The song did hold a lot of meaning for me, because Harry did seem to change a lot from the day we broke up and it was weird. I didn't know how or why he did it, I mean could it really be me he did it for? Is it why he kissed me? This boxer has taken my life and thrown it through a loop because I know now, nothing will ever be the same. 

It began to rain on our way back, typical London weather. But I guess we were just lucky we didn't get stuck in the rain back at the field. I'm pretty sure a smeared make up and messy hair look didn't look too nice on me. "You can blame it on me" Harry spoke up. I looked at him, his eyes were still on the road as he drove, his bottom lip between his perfectly white teeth. "the kiss I mean" he explained. "I was my fault after all"

"Well I could have pushed you off and I didn't so I'm just as at fault as you" A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "What?"

"Nothing"

"You think I can't push you off don't you?" I accused and he smirked. 

"Never said that"

"You thought it"

"Maybe" I rolled my eyes. 

"I can too"

"Mhmm" he hummed cheekily. 

"I can!"

"Whatever you say" I glared "Well you can try and prove it too me but I don't think you'd want too right now" he laughed a little. 

"Yeah yeah" I grumbled and he continued to laugh, tilting his head forward a bit and covering his mouth with the back of his hand as he drove.I tried my hardest not to smile a long but when you hear a laugh like his chiming in your ears like bells it's hard not too. I ended pulling my legs up too my chest and hiding my face in my knees as he drove and messing with radio. I stopped on a Fall Out Boy song.

' We are wild, we are like young volcanoes
we are wild, Americana, exotica
Do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby?
Yeah!'

I sang freely along with it, hoping to drown  out the thunder ringing around us. I was never good with thunder and nowadays it just reminded me of my almost rape and the night Harry and I spent together at my flat when he made me feel safe again.

"Do you like to sing?" Harry asked and I shrugged. 

"I used too, when I danced and acted and all that crap. I was never much good" I confessed. 

"nonsense, if people think I can sing then you've got to be able to." 

"you sing?" I asked quickly and Harry chuckled. 

"As like, a hobby. When I'm alone"

"But you said people say you can sing?"

"Well I was pissed drunk one night and I might of belted out a coldplay song. Don't ask why I just did" Harry explained making me giggled. 

"Sing for me?" 

"No"

"Aw come on! You heard me whale a fall out boy song now your turn!"

"You weren't even trying then and no." he said and I pouted. 

"I'm about to get yelled at by my boyfriend and it's all your fault now sing!"

"oh now it's all my fault"

"Harry!" I whined pathetically making him laugh. 

"Not today love"

"Whyyyyyyyy"

"Because you're home" he laughed and I realized we'd just pulled into my driveway. 

"Oh. Damnit" 

"I'll see you soon okay?" I nodded and pulled the door open, the rain immediately hitting me and making a cold chill run through my body. 

"Bye Harry"

"Bye Cryssy" he smiled, both dimples present as always and green eyes sparkling. It was the kind of smile you never wanted to say goodbye  too. 

I closed his door and walked up the driveway, I didn't really mind the rain too much as I turned back and watched Harry drive down the road. I knew that soon enough I'd have to tell Liam about what happened. It would break his heart and I could see that more now that I didn't have Harry too distract me. I decided to wait outside, so I sat on the porch swing and watched the rain. It wasn't thundering anymore just pouring rain. I waved when Liam arrived, he walked over in an umbrella and sat next to me, draping his arm around the back of the seat as we watched the rain. 

"Are you okay love?" I nodded. "Are you sure?"

"No" 

"Babe? What's wrong?" he asked again. I didn't notice the tears until Liam was patiently wiping them away. I just felt so terrible. "Please don't cry" 

"I'm sorry"

"Just tell  me what's wrong and I'll fix it I promise" Liam told me sweetly causing my few falling tears to become a stream. "nonono, don't cry baby"

"I'm just so sorry Liam" I squeaked. 

"Darling what's wrong?"

"Liam I.." he waited patiently for me to continue. His large brown eyes holding so much sincerity and hope. You could see it in his eyes that he knew something awful was about to leave my lips. "Someone kissed me. And I let him do it. And I'm so so sorry" I apologized. Liam's eyebrows furrowed and he looked away, licking his plump lips in the process. 

"Who?" he asked, I chewed my bottom lip, feeling my  flow of tears continue but this time Liam didn't wipe them away. "Who?" he repeated more urgently as he looked at me angrily. I'd never seen Liam angry. 

"I- Harry" I sputtered out weakly and Liam stood quickly and began walking towards his car. "Liam!" I yelled, running after him and grabbing the back of his shirt. "What are you doing?!" 

"I'm going to kick his ass!" he growled. 

"Liam no! Don't turn into Harry! That's the whole reason we broke up! That kiss, it was nothing please, please don't do anything" I pleaded helplessly as the rain hammered on and around us.

"So I just let him get away with kissing MY Girlfriend?!" he spat. I couldn't respond. I didn't know how too. Liam never got angry and I had no way of knowing how to stop him or calm him like I did Harry. He began storming back to his car again and I screamed after him. 

"He's not worth it Liam!" 

"No but you are" he replied, angrily slamming his door closed and leaving. I watched, letting myself fall to my knees in the rain. I had no idea what to do, I just hoped Harry wasn't home as I let myself cry. I liked Liam a lot, and now he was mad at me and Harry and was going to try and fight him. I was terrified. Tears poured freely down my cheeks although you couldn't see it the rain. My clothes were soaked and began to stick to my skin but I couldn't bring myself to get out of the rain. I felt hopeless, no matter what I did, it was always the wrong thing to do. 

The water rolled down my arms, almost calmingly as it poured down rain. The empty streets gave me little too look at as I sat in the rain waiting for something or someone too make me move. I just really didn't want to. I wanted the rain to wash me away so maybe I'd never have to deal with any problems ever again. God knows what Liam may be doing and i dread thinking maybe he was fighting with Harry but i had no way to get to them. No car or bus stops near me that ran this late. I was stuck. 

A/N: Thanks so much for all the comments last chapter ahhh! And the votes<3 I love you guys so much! xx