Chapter 15

2 updates in one day...is that a new record?

     It was two a.m, and we were all wasted. Nina was out on the dance floor with some guy, and from what I could tell, he was pretty hot, and he was buying our drinks, so of course I approved. He had jet black hair that swooped down in a fringe with the tips dyed a light blue to match his eyes. He had nice cheek bones, too, but he was nothing compared to Harry. Harry said he was probably a twat when he wasn't drunk, but anyone who'd buy three people's drinks at a club for the night couldn't be that bad. 

     I was currently being my normal drunken self, grinding on Harry like there was no tomorrow with a drink in one hand and the back of Harry's neck in the other to keep him close. He didn't seem to mind at all as our hips rolled together to the beat.

     "Hey you!" My body swiveled to the side, taking in the appearance of one of the several gogo dancers that worked in the club. "You've got great moves! You should go on stage, girl!" she beamed, and I giggled. 

     "Really?"

     "Hell yeah!" she cheered, I didn't bother looking to Harry for approval, and followed the busty blonde onto the mini stage at the front of the club. She shoved me on and I stumbled a little, but found my stride when I found Nina up there, too. She grinned, and motioned me over. We pulled the same move we always did when we were single and trying to bring in guys; grinding  on each other and flinging our hair around like crazy. Guys whooped and whistled at us, and we stayed up there for a good half hour until our legs hurt and our breathing was jagged. The bouncers helped us down, smiling politely. We waved before heading to the bar, completely forgetting about our dates. I smiled cheekily at the bartender as he approached. 

     "Can I get you lovely ladies anything?" I smirked as he leaned in close to hear and set my bust a little over the bar to get closer. 

     "Oh, aren't you cute!" I chimed, words slurring just a little. Keeping them from completely slurring was an art I had learned well when living with my parents and partying too much. I pinched the bartenders chin, who couldn't possibly be over eighteen, and giggled. "We'd like two . . . hmmm," I glanced back at Nina to see her thinking as well.

     "Strawberry daqaris?" 

     "Perfect! Yes! Two of those," I piped, removing my fingers from his chin and he chuckled. 

     "Right away, love," he chimed, quickly moving off to gather our drinks. I giggled and flopped back onto my stool. 

     "Are we forgettin somethin, Cryssy?" Nina suddenly asked, her lips in a small pout and her index finger tapping her chin. Nina wasn't as good at hiding her slur, and she had a strange problem with G's when she was drunk. I shrugged. 

     "I dunno . . . kinda feels like it, though. That's strange," I rambled. 

     "Cryssy!" I turned lazily in my chair at the sound of my name. A curly headed boy approached me. 

     "Harry!" I slung my arms around his neck gave him a sloppy kiss. "This is what we were forgetting, Nina!" I cheered, pointing at Harry with a giant grin and she nodded happily as her date from earlier slipped over to her side and pecked her cheek. My attention was quickly directed towards the bartender, who slid our drinks onto the counter in front of us. 

     "On the house," he smiled, seeming to not notice Harry at all as he placed a napkin with his number scribbled onto it next to the cup. 

     "Oh, thanks," I giggled, turning to Harry. 

     "Look I got a free drink!" He frowned, so I frowned. "What?"

     "I don't like you getting drinks by slutting it up with bartenders," he huffed and I rolled my eyes.

     "Kill-joy!" Harry ignored my insult and reached around me to grab the napkin with the bartender's number on it and crumpled it in his hand. 

     "I'm being a good boyfriend. You should try being a good girlfriend."

     "I'm a perfect girlfriend, you twat!" 

     "Yeah, and you're also wasted."

     "So were you! Like . . .an hour ago," I pouted. 

     "Maybe we should go home, Cryssy. You're a bit too tipsy." I downed my drink and shoved his chest. 

     "I'll do what I want, you meanie!"

     "Meanie? Really, Cryssy?" I could see Harry getting frustrated with me, but I ignored it. 

     "I'll be on the dance floor if you need me," I informed him, then waltzed away. I danced for awhile until a pair of hands found my waist. They were too small to be Harry's and too big to be Nina's, so I turned to see his face. It was the bartender from earlier. "Hey!" I smiled cheerily, my grinding slowing a little since I wasn't trying to cheat on Harry, or anything. 

     "I didn't catch your name, love!" he shouted over the music. 

     "Cryssy!"

     "Nathan!" 

     "Nice to meet you!" I laughed. I had my hands on his upper arms with his still glued to my waist. I was beginning to sober up a little, but not enough to push him away. 

     "Phenomenal to meet you as wel,l dear," I felt my cheeks heat just a little "So, where's your boyfriend?" he asked "Or, are you coming home with me?" he smirked. I bit down on my lip, knowing this was definitely bad news even in my hazy state, but it was too late. 

     A large hand clasped Nathan's shoulder, and as the boy turned, Harry's fist connected with his jaw. I squealed as his body fell onto mine and we both hit the floor. I groaned, trying to pry the heavy body off me, but it was quickly removed. Harry had grabbed Nathan by his shirt with one hand and yanked him off me. His eyes were dark and squinting as he muttered some dark words to the boy, who was only a year younger than himself. 

     "Harry!" I cried, hopping he'd drop him. 

     "Shut up!" he growled, and by now, a crowd was gathered around us, but even the bouncers looked a bit scared to approach Harry now. 

     "That's no way to talk to a lady, gent. Maybe I ought to teach you a lesson, yeah?" Nathan proposed, and as the alcohol drained from my body, I noticed Nathan actually had an Irish accent. He then swung his fist back and hit Harry right near his eye, and I knew it'd be black tomorrow morning. 

     Harry was quick to react, shoving Nathan down and climbing onto him, punching the younger boy repeatedly as I screamed for him to stop like the night Harry fought Zayn. But Nathan wasn't Zayn, and he refused to give up, finally pushing Harry over and rolling on top of him to get his own punches in. He was bleeding from the mouth and a cut on his left eyebrow. I didn't know what to do. My mind was frantic and screaming at me to do something, but I had no idea what. By now, Harry had Nathan on his back again, shoving him down and keeping him there by his throat. 

     Finally, the bouncers moved in, three of them trying desperately to calm Harry, but he was nearly out of their arms in seconds. I rushed over to him, grabbing his face with both hands and pleading for him to look away from Nathan and to me. "Harry, Harry please! I'm begging you, just look at me please," My hands slid down his cheeks, and I fisted his shirt. "Harry!" I cried. Finally, he looked at me, taking in my tear-stained cheeks. His body stopped tugging against the men, but his breath stayed jagged and alcohol-tainted as it hit my face. The bouncers dragged him out and I followed. Harry didn't bother waiting for me as he began walking down the street, kicking angrily at a trash can near the road. "Harry?" I pleaded, and he turned, facing me with dark eyes and a red face. We stayed that way for a while, just staring at each other. Both of us knowing what was coming, but neither of us wanting to address it. It was inevitable.

     "We can't keep doing this," I whispered. 

     "What?" Harry snapped. 

     "THIS, Harry. We can't keep doing THIS!" I cried. Harry took two long strides before he was close to me again, hands cupping my cheeks and warm breath on my lips. 

     "We are fine, Cryssy. This was nothing but a bar fight. We are fine, okay?" He stated sternly, and I shook my head, grabbing his wrists and pulling them down as tears spilled over my own eyes. I couldn't bare looking at Harry. His face held a thin layer of sweat, his lip had a small cut that held dried blood, the corner of his eye was turning a dark purple and his cheek held a deep gash that had a few droplets of blood spilling over. 

     "We're not fine, Harry. Look at you! That's my fault! It's all my fault! The fight in the club when we first met, the guy who tried to rape me, your fight with Zayn at the bar, Josh, that kid inside! it's all my fault! And I can't keep letting you get hurt like this,"I sniffed. Harry's eyes were lighter now, and held hurt. I felt so guilty, but Harry was strong. He could handle not having me. I wasn't so sure about myself, but he'd be okay.

     "Cryssy-"

     "No, Harry you know it's true." Harry's head dropped and he stared at the ground for awhile, so I took it as my que to leave, but as my heels scraped against the concrete, his head snapped up and he grabbed my arm, yanking me closer to plant a kiss on my lips. I wasn't about to object; this would be our last kiss. So I pulled him in close, and kissed him hard and loving. When we finally pulled apart, my cheeks were wet again, but I smiled a little anyway. 

     "Bye Harry." 

     Harry only nodded, letting his hands slip from my body. Nina was waiting by her car with a small knowing smile. She opened her arms for me, and I fell into them, choking up pathetic sobs into her shoulder. 

     "It's okay, love."

     "I feel so bad, " I hiccuped. Nina kissed the top of my head and opened my car door for me.

     "Let's go home and talk about it, yeah? Seems we both had a bad few days." I nodded and slipped in, Nina had just begun driving and babbling about how the men are just awful when I began to stare out the window. My heart nearly caught in my throat when I spotted Harry leaning against his car with his cell in one hand and his head leaned up against the driver side window. I felt like shit. 

THE END

A/N: Just kidding! Hope you guys got what you wanted-ish. I know the end probably wasn't haha oopsie :P I'll try and put up the next chapter in a few days.. :)