Chapter 21

"Oh you look beautiful." Rose gushed, and Grace tried to not show the irritation on her face. Rose had been saying that in various ways over and over again as Grace tried to stay still while the other witch had performed torture.

Well... makeup. Torture. What's the difference?

"Rose, are you almost done yet?" Grace asked, shifting uncomfortably. They had been at this for a lot longer than Grace would have liked. And she was starting to get cold, even in their hotel room. She had on a nearly see through dress, covered in a dark red color. It reminded her of an Arabian sun dress the kind that a Princess might wear. A veil hung down her face, not ready to be tied up yet. Rose was in a light blue sun dress, her hair perfectly combed and her makeup already done. She was stunning, no wonder why she had gotten them into this mess. If only she kept her mouth shut.

Okay, so this is actually how it started. Rose managed to do her 'hey boy' thing to a couple of adolescent werewolves (when they had arrived in town, of course) pretending to be an American Tourist who was lost. From there, the wereboys had basically drooled all over her newly bought shoes (which Grace regretted buying with their limited cash), as Rose led them on to believe her to be ditzy and looking for a cool place to hang out.

The original plan was to find out when the werewolves partied, or even shifted to go run during the night, so that they could bust in without as many of them around and steal the wand. But instead what they got was something a whole lot riskier and painful. On Grace's part. The boys were excited to tell Rose that their family (that's what they called it in front of Rose) was hosting a party with a whole bunch of people around, so that maybe they could sneak Rose in and have some fun with her.

Rose agreed enthusiastically, then asked if she could bring a friend.

Which then led them to this situation.

"Almost done!" Rose said, then pulled out a small package from her bag. "I have to put on your fake eyelashes!"

"Okay," Grace rose from her chair suddenly, "I think we are done."

"But I haven't done-"

"No. Fake. Eyelashes." Grace closed her eyes, trying to sound as forceful, but at the same time not rude or mean. In the end she sounded like she was exasperated beyond belief and couldn't take another second.

"Fine." Rose pouted, a familiar sight between the two witches, and pulled out a pink cylinder. "Let me just put on some mascara, and we'll call it good." Mascara, something that Grace was actually familiar with.

Then Rose pulled out some weird metal clamps, the part that opened and shut in a half circle. "But we need to use the eyelash curler first." She said, and Grace paled. Before she could move away, Rose put her hand on Grace's legs and they went numb.

"Did you just freeze my legs?" Grace asked, bewildered as the monstrous contraption grew closer to her face. She couldn't move her legs, even if she tried to use whatever febel magic she had in store. Half of it was rotting anyways.

"Just relax, I won't get your eyelid. Don't worry." Rose said soothingly, but Grace paled even more.

"My eyelid?!" She nearly shouted, but there was a thumping next door in their rented hotel room. The walls were thin, the two girls figured out after they had both gotten into a loud fight. (After all, Rose did go off of their plan, and got them invited to the grandest party that solely comprised of werewolves. If anything, Grace was beyond frustrated with the pink haired girl.)

Grace leaned her head far away as possible, shutting her eyes to the inevitable pain she was about to go through, and prayed for the first time in five hundred years.

.

"I can't feel my face." Grace said, touching it. The veil that covered her the lower half of her face swayed with the motion, but soon stilled. "I seriously can't feel my face."

"Oh hush." Rose said with an amused smile on her lips. "This is the price of beauty."

"Can I get a refund?"

Rose elbowed Grace hard in the ribs, and the older witch had to rub at the sore spot. "Why do you keep hitting me?" Grace asked, then Rose shot her an unreadable look.

"Because this is my field of expertise. If there is anybody who can get us into this party without anybody really noticing, it's going to be me. You might have lived for a billion years already, but I have more boy experience." Rose winked.

"Billion and three years." Grace muttered good naturedly, and Rose elbowed her once again.

"Hush." Rose gave Grace one last look of 'behave' before standing up. A few boys from earlier were walking down the street, one breaking out in a smile when he saw Rose.

"My lady!" He said in a Spanish accent, "you have come."

"How could I miss the party of the century?" Rose giggled, giving her hand to the boy who kissed her knuckles. Grace snorted at the idiotic comment. (If there was anything called the party of the century, it would be when Monday got married to Alexander. Man, Grace couldn't even remember those days, they were such a blur. Even though it happened a long, long time ago, it was by far the best party Grace had ever gone to.)

Rose gave the older witch a tight smile. "And this is my best friend, Gina."

"Con la Dea," the other boy breathed, "you are so beautiful. It must be fate to meet such beautiful women in the streets of Madrid." He took Grace's hand and kissed her palm, instead of the knuckles.

"You have the advantage, dear sir." Grace said with a twinge of Texan accent in her voice, "you know my name, but I don't know yours."

"Oh," the boy gave her a bright smile, showing his pointy canine teeth. Her stomach churned. "My name is Leonardo, but you may call me Leo, Gina." He gave her a wink.

"I am Ruffalo." The other boy pronounced, and then offered Rose his hand. "Come, my dear Rosalina, I am sure we shall have a great time at the ball."

'Oh yes,' Grace thought, mentally rolling her eyes, 'we'll have a great time at the ball full of descendants of people who I cursed.'

Rose clapped her hands together, excitedly. "I can't wait!"

.

Italian;

Con la Dea- By the Goddess

Words: 36,671

Short chapter, but I'll update more than once a day for the next week. Gotta finish this before December.