Chapter 22

The house was really considered a mansion, but to be honest, it was a house. A home to a great many of the single adults and teenagers who roamed around, some of them making out while others were just drinking out of red solo cups. It was a costume party, that's what they said, wear something unique and different about yourself. Leo had his arm curled around Grace's waist, guiding her through the throng of people. Rose and Ruffalo were close behind.

Grace tried her very best to keep focused on the important job at hand, rather than the dozens and dozens of people around her. Three cameras, only on this side of the building. Two on the other, leading out to a forest. (There was a forest in one of the most populated areas in Spain, Grace could only think that they might have had a Cursed Witch come in and help them set it up, otherwise she'd have no clue how they kept everybody else out.) They were wide apart, their range good, but there were a few blind spots.

"You don't have to be so nervous." Leo leaned in and whispered, drawing Grace back in. "I can feel your heart beating out of your chest."

Grace felt a ball of nerves enter her stomach. He knew. Leo knew. They all kenw. This was a trap. She was going to be locked away and never see the light of day again. Her sisters would do that to her, they'd keep her from losing herself in the world again, they'd want her to stay with them. No. No!

Then Leo gave her an encouraging smile. "I'm not too fond of being in a big crowd either. I understand if you're clasutrophobic."

Grace gave him a relieved smile. "I'm just nervous," she said, her voice lilting with her fake accent. "I haven't been to a party this size since we won the Superbowl."

"Superbowl?" Leo asked her, raising an eyebrow. "What is that?"

"It's where huge teams come together and they play football."

"Ah." Leo gave her a knowing look, "American football? Or actual football."

"What do you think?" Grace gave him a flurtaious smile.