Chapter 27

"When I said I wanted a cabin, I meant near civilization. Not you build one for me." Rose pouted, and Grace just sighed.

"We can't really go into civilization at the moment, and do you really want to go back to Wisconsin?" She said, pausing in her task.

"Go back?" Rose frowned, "who says I want to go back to Wisconsin. It's terrible. And it was snowing."

"Oh, trust me. It'll be worse when you get back." Grace turned her attention back to the drawing she had made in the loose dirt. It was almost set up, except that Grace wasn't quite sure how it would work. She didn't know much about earth magic.

"Worse?! Whatever. I'm not going back, but can't we go to like, Italy? Or, oh! We should go to Japan, I've always wanted to go see a real Pokemon!"

"Pokemon..." Grace looked over at Rose with a 'are you kidding me' look on her face. "Rose. Pokemon aren't real."

"Uh huh. Right." Rose crossed her arms, "but that doesn't answer my question. Why can't we get out of the woods."

"What do you think our little adventure would do?" Grace asked tiredly. "The werewolves would go 'oh, look they just stole something of ours let's go back to our lives?' No. They would report it. And that one guard saw your face. It wouldn't take a genius to realise that you left Wisconsin and that you were there in Spain."

"But how would they even know I left Wisconsin in the first place?" Rose frowned, "nobody even cared that I was in there in the first place! Not even my sister."

"Do you honestly think that our sisters care where I am?" Grace braced her forearm on her knee, and twisted her head up at Rose.

"Not our sisters. My sister. I have a twin sister." Rose huffed, "it's not like it's uncommon knowledge."

"You have a twin sister?" Grace asked, surprised. "That's cool. The only other twin's are Tuesday and Wednesday."

"Ha. My sister is the Topaz Witch, and she doesn't give a crap about me. In fact, she was the one who sent me to Antarctica for the first time. The other witches just followed suit." Rose kicked at the dirt, her expression pinched and closed off. "Nobody really likes me. I'm the weak sister. She has all of the talent and power, while I get Wisconsin."

"That isn't true." Grace stood up. "You are plenty powerful in your own way. In fact, last night you managed to block a few of my water balls."

"Yeah, well if I was Tabatha, then I wouldn't have gotten wet in the first place. She can make her crystal grow anywhere. They only know I'm the Rose Quartz Witch because I managed to make some the size of my pinky nail. I can't even use my own original power!" Rose bitterly spat. "I'm useless. None of the other witches said they could do anything about my power. 'It's what you're born with, and you can't change it.' They said, 'I'm sorry, but you're not a powerful witch,' they said."

"That's not true." Grace grabbed Rose's hand, "I know it isn't. Magic power doesn't have a limit of how much you have, it has a limit of how low."

"Yeah, say that to Diana. She look one look at my magic skills and signed the petition to send me to Wisconsin."

Grace blinked. "Diana?" She asked, "Diana the Diamond Witch?"

"Who else do you think? Emerald?"

"Of all the witches out there..." Grace mumbled, "no, me and Diana have... an awkward past. She always thought of me as more than a sister, as her confident. She thought that diamonds and gold should go together, but I didn't like her temper all that much."

"Temper?" Rose rose an eyebrow. "No, you're mistaken. Diana is like, super elegant."

"Hoo boy. Diana has the worst temper I have ever seen. Don't you ever say no to her, or else hold onto something dry. She has the particular affinity for water, and she looves creating tsunamis to blow away everything that she didn't like. I had to run from her a few times or else I'd be at the bottom of the sea. And trust me, it's cold down there."