Chapter 30

Grace stared at Rose. Her mouth suddenly dry. Then her eyes flickered to the men who were all staring at her like she was piece of meat. Back to Rose.

"You're so low you're beating up helpless witches?" Grace asked, her gaze looking over at the head man. She stood up from the ground, brushing her knees.

"Oh, this?" The boss man glanced over at the bloodied mess of Rose's face. "This wasn't us. We put her in the cell with our other little witch. I didn't know that your kind was so bloodthirsty."

"Trust me." Grace made eye contact with the man. He had black eyes, no pupil. "It's just her."

"Oh. Good." He tilted his head to the side, and one of the men came at her. Grace didn't break eye contact as she sent the man flying backwards and hitting the window. Even from where she was standing, Grace could hear cracks forming in the window.

"Oh, Tyler, are you alright?" The man asked politely, and the Warlock -Tyler- groaned. He had black hair with little bits of white in his hair, making him scraggy and unfortunately young. "Oh, that's too bad."

"Give me her wand." Grace wasn't about to let her friends wand be used for other, darker, uses. "You're going to let us leave, or else I'll tear this mountain down over your head."

The man laughed, a full on laugh. He tilted his head back, and it was a rich sound. He was almost in tears. The other Warlocks were also laughing as well. Grace clenched her jaw, but staying still.

"Oh," he breathed at what seemed a few hours later, "you're all the same, aren't you?"

Grace cocked an eyebrow. "Do explain."

"You witches are all the same." He flung his arms up to the ceiling. "You think that you can just come in and demand things? That's what you did to the humans. Sure, you might've helped them in the war and all that, became war heroes. But that was only after. I know," he tapped the side of his head. "Your kind threatened humanity before."

Grace was silent as the man paced. He was getting emotional, and the other Warlock's stepped away from him, clearly afraid.

"Tell me, Witch?" He asked, "do you ever think what the Germans felt when all hell was brought to them? How dragons flew into the sky and burned them into ashes? Or when the Vampires would come out in the night and they would take down camps in a single minute?"

"Thankful." Grace spoke up, and he paused. He looked over, then his face broke out in a smile.

"That's right. There is a rumor that you were also captured by the Germans."

"Natzi's." Grace corrected. "The Germans are pretty cool now."

"Now, please, enlighten me your story."

"I was living with a Jew family when the war broke out. I was actually living in Germany itself. I had heard how bad things were over there, their economy suffering from the last war. Children were playing with cash that was practically worthless. So I went over there and I sent down roots of gold, as far as I could then. Then the Jew's would find the strain of gold, and it would go to their debt. Some of them even traded it with France for food and building supplies." Grace shrugged, "at the moment, Hitler was a great guy. He took charge, things changed as well. More food, better conditions, everybody's really liked him. Then..." Grace let her head fall to the side, her eyes focusing past his head. "War. You know the story. Natzi's did their thing, and within a single month I was in Auschwitz. You can imagine what happened, I won't go into detail."

"Really?" The man actually looked interested. "How did you get out?"

"It was the last year of the war, after surviving for so long I was finally pointed out to the doctors. They experimented on me, nothing much that I can remember. It was a bit of a blur. But after so much fear and pain, my magic came out. It was during the final year, and I was drugged up and taken to Hitler himself." Grace softly smiled to herself, "I made him shoot his wife in the head, and then him after."