Chapter 5: Even makeup doesn't make me prettier. (E)

Chapter 5

After my Aunt texted me, telling me to be home by 2A.M, I sighed as I leaned back in the passenger’s seat, crossing my arms. I'm not used to this type of treatment, on a normal day- my curfew is 8 o'clock sharp but now that my aunt is here, she allows me to stay out until after midnight? Most teenagers would be grinning and smiling but me, I'm a bit nervous and uncomfortable. I doubt I'll even stay away!

“You act like you’re being brought to your death. It’s only a party, if you want to leave during it- just text me,” She said, rolling her eyes as she smirked.

I glared at her with an annoyed look on my face. Does she not understand? Not only am I uncomfortable going to the party- I hate what I’m wearing, that jerk is going to be there, and I’m probably going to be the laughing stock of the whole entire party! What 17 year old girl wears so much pink? I ought to strangle my Aunt!

“And if you’re worried about your outfit, you look fine. I know you added that jean jacket yourself because your Aunt would never let you leave the house with two different colored jeans on.” She sneered. I gave her an annoyed look as she smiled innocently.

“It’s not only that, Jess. It’s the fact that not only am I wearing this horrific outfit,  mind you that I never wear pink, it’s because he’s going to be there!” I snapped, gesticulating so wildly that I even cut off Jessie’s vision of the road at one point. Aren’t I grand?

“Who?” Jessie asked stupidly, jerking her head to the side to see the road. I retracted my hands to my sides and gave her a look as if she was stupid. She sure is acting like it!

“Adrian! Adrian Easton!” I exclaimed. She winced and cringed back, giving me a confused look. 

“What did he do wrong? The only thing I can think of is being that hot. You have to have a license to look that hot.” She said dreamily. I should smack her in the face. I would if she wasn’t driving. Instead, I snapped my fingers in her face.

"He isn’t hot! He’s annoying! He called me ugly!” I retorted, frowning and sinking back into the chair once more.

“What? When did he do this?” She asked, a look of outrage covering her face.

“He said it yesterday! That’s the whole reason why I’m even going to this party!” I exclaimed, running my hands through my curled hair. It felt soft under my hands, the dirty blonde highlighted hair allowed my hands to drift through it easily.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me?” She asked.

“I am right now, aren't I? He said it after I’d asked him a stupid question!” I told her, sinking even lower in the chair due to embarrassment.

“What?” She asked, confused.

“He’s not only my neighbor but his room is right next door to mine! We barely have any space between our houses! When he was coming home from the party, I’m guessing, I left the window open because I was cleaning and dancing. I couldn’t sleep and he ended up scaring me. He then continued talking to me and decided to answer my question with ‘You’re the ugliest person I’ve ever seen.’” I huffed, suddenly annoyed.

“What was the question?” She asked, curiously. That’s what I was afraid of- she was going to ask what the question was.

“You remember the day he was staring at me right?” I asked and in response I received a nod from her. “Yeah, I asked him why he was staring at me.” I said in a whisper.

Jessie looked outraged as she stared at me with an angry look on her face. She huffed and stumbled over her words before replying. “What did you say?” She asked me, eyes widened as she glanced between me and the road.