Chapter 28: I didn't hear you the first or second time.

(Not edited, my dearest apologies.)

Chapter 28

As I brushed my hair, I realized that Adrian was watching me in the mirror, like a creep.

“What’s up?” I asked, turning around as he smiled.

“Are you ready, yet? We’re taking my car?” He asked and I rolled my eyes but nodded, tossing my hair into a ponytail. I galloped down the stairs with my purse slung over my shoulder.

I pulled my hood over my head as I locked the door of my house. The rain was loud and hitting the stairs like bullets. I quickly raced down the stairs, meeting Adrian at his car were he was standing outside of the passenger’s door. He opened the door and allowed me to enter the warmth of the car.

“No offense, but isn’t it a parents job to go grocery shopping?” Adrian asked me as he buckled his seatbelt and shook his head, very dog like. I snorted.

“Isn’t it a parent’s job to be a parent?” I asked and he smiled at me. “They’re on another business trip.”

“Is your Aunt coming back?” He asked me and I nodded.

“Yeah, not for another week or so.” I replied, shrugging my shoulders as I shed the jacket while he turned up the heat of the car. The November air was colder than it usually was.

“How long are your parents going to be gone?” He inquired, pulling out of his driveway and starting on the way to the supermarket.

“They said two weeks but two weeks always turns into four and four turns into six and so on.” I replied, glancing at him for a moment.

“Do you have some sort of list for us to go by?” He asked me and I shook my head, shrugging slightly as I thought.

“I get what Jessie, Aunt Cherry and I like,” I informed him and he nodded. “I have a few rules.”

“Ugh, what’s with everyone and their rules against me? Can I not have fun?” He whined and I smiled.

“There’s a difference between having fun and almost getting arrested.” I retorted and he rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Fun is fun.” He joked and I rolled my eyes.

__

When we entered the large store’s parking lot, I realized that it was a Wal-Mart in a different town. We had two Wal-Marts in my hometown; why didn’t we just go to the one we didn’t wreck?

Adrian seemed to catch on to my thoughts because he started whistling. I turned to look at him with my arms crossed.

“Why are we here?” I questioned him with my eyebrows raised. He smiled innocently before pointing to my stomach.

“Fio needs to eat. Food in store. We go to store. We buy food.” He explained as if I was stupid. I punched his shoulder.

“I’m not an idiot. Why didn’t we go to the other Wal-Mart?” I snapped, glaring at him.

“Because I wanted to spend more time with you?” He offered and I glared at him.

“That’s not going to work. No funny business, Easton.” I snapped, getting out of the car.

“No promises, Harper.” He retorted. I threw a glare over my shoulder in his direction.

“Why must you mock me?” I replied, staring at the soaked cement. I looked up to see Adrian moonwalking and I raised an eyebrow.

“You jealous?” He slid around me in circle and I extended my leg to try and trip him but he jumped him and then landed, continuing his moonwalk. I glared at him.