Chapter 34: Oops, did I do that?

Don't hate me. READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE. 

Chapter 34

I don't know where Mattie's room is. I'm too lazy to go downstairs and ask for directions, though. I'm assuming it's close to Adrian's. I'm hoping he has a cute boyish sign on the door.

I heard music coming from a room and, just my luck, a sign that said 'Mattie' in blue letters. I opened the door to see Adrian bent over dumping paint into a tray. I stood there and watched like a pervert. He has such a nice butt.

I tried to discreetly take off my sneakers but fell onto the plastic that lay on the blue carpet, causing a crumpling noise. Adrian jumped up and looked at me before quickly turning around and, unfortunately, fixing the way he was bent over.

I sat up on the carpet, grumbling. I untied my shoes to see what was written on them.

'I'm your best friend forever; nobody else is allowed to be.' – Jessie  

'You're so nerdy sometimes that I question your sanity.' – Aunt Cherry 

'Jessie is a stupid liar. I'm your best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best, best friend 5ever. And future sister in law, *wink wink*.' – Logan 

I rolled my eyes at Logan's. His took up one whole side of my shoe. I noticed that they all signed the left shoe.

"Are you going to stare at your shoes and smile or are you going to paint?" Adrian said from behind me. I got up and grabbed a paint brush. Remembering that he hates the color yellow, I walked over to the blue paint and grabbed the brush that was in the pan.

Adrian grumbled something before turning the radio back on.  The music played as I swept the brush across the wall, nodding my head to the tune.

Some singer started screaming at the top of his lungs and I walked over and changed the station back to The All American Rejects. A minute later, the screaming song was back on. I turned and saw Adrian walking away from the radio, back to the yellow wall. I turned the station back to The All American Rejects and stood at the radio.

Adrian turned around to change the song but saw that I was standing there and let out a huff of breath before turning and starting to paint again. I smiled in satisfaction before walking over to my half blue wall and continuing to paint.

It bothers me that the fact that I was simply standing there and he didn't want to come near me but in a time like that, it helped.

I finished my first wall and moved on to my second wall, I made sure that I didn't miss any spots or get anything on the ceiling or carpet.

After a few more song played and the radio announced that they were taking a break, I glanced back to see Adrian texting on his phone. He finished his other wall. I was almost done with my second wall. I finished my second wall with two more swipes of the ruler.

"What time is it?" I asked him, rolling up the sleeves of the long sleeve shirt I decided to wear. Adrian was wearing gray sweat pants and a black tee shirt; his arms were covered in yellow paint.

"Ask Isaac what time it is." Adrian replied, putting his phone into his pockets. I quickly turned, not realizing that I had a blue roller in my hands and it splattered across Adrian. He closed his eyes tightly and I saw blue splatter across his face and onto his shirt.

"Oops." I muttered, biting my lip. He opened his eyes when he felt that the paint was on the bottom half of his face.

"You did that on purpose." He glared at me, gripping the yellow roller tightly.