Chapter 14: I chose you, Pikachu. (E)

Chapter 14

Before I knew it, I was back in school and Jessie still hadn’t apologized for my public embarrassment. I was switching classes when someone grabbed my arm. It was Jessie, of course.

“We need to talk.” She pulled me to the side of the hallway, entering a classroom that the school used as a storage room. I sat on one of the many piled up desks, waiting for her to speak. “Why have you been ignoring me?”

"I haven’t.” I raised an eyebrow. From what I recall, I haven’t received a text or call from her at all on Sunday.

“I tried messaging you on Facebook, I messaged you 16 times.” She said, with a hand on her hip. I raised an eyebrow. I took out my phone and logged into Facebook. After a minute or two, her messages popped up. I just shrugged, feeling a slight relief. At least I knew she was sorry.

“Why didn’t you call me or text me? I’m never on Facebook and you know that.” I excused, crossing my arms. She bit her lip nervously.

“I was at Nicholas’s house on Sunday and I left my phone at home,” She said, biting her lip. I raised an eyebrow. She had her phone at the bonfire. “Nicholas agreed to drive me home and my mom was waiting outside, drunk and she started harassing me. She went to hit me and Nicholas told me to get some clothes and meet him at his car and that he was taking me to his house. We didn’t do anything. I was too shaken up and embarrassed to even talk to the guy.” She admitted. I knew about her mother’s drinking problems, she was a violent binge drinker. I felt my eyes widen. Tears bordered her eyes and I went over and hugged her, apologizing softly. She pushed me away.

“No, no, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to embarrass you, I swear, it wasn't my intentions. I thought you’d laugh. I won’t ask you that question anymore, I promise. You don’t even have to answer it.” She said, shaking her head. I hugged her and she silently cried into my shoulder. When she finally pulled away, I smiled at her.

“Easton.” I admitted and she gave me a confused look. “I’d rather kiss Easton.” I smiled. Her eyes widened before she gave me a smirk.

“I knew it!” She said, pointing at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“Then why’d you ask?” I questioned and she wiped away the tears that stained her face.

“I wanted you to say it.” She informed and I smiled lightly.

“I don’t like him, though.” I crossed my arms and she nodded.

“Why?” She inquired.

“He’s hot and all, it’s just… he’s a bit mean if you haven’t noticed.” I raised an eyebrow as my arms crossed over my chest.

“Oh I know that, but I mean why’d you pick Easton over Ethan?” She asked, tilting her head curiously. I shrugged.

“Because Easton followed me when I was upset and Ethan didn’t bother.” Neither did you. Jessie seemed to realize what I meant and she hung her head in guilt.

“I’m sorry for that, too. I thought I was the last person you wanted to see.” She said, biting her lip. I nodded, understanding.

“Adrian told me that, uhm, you talked to Ethan.” I tried to ease onto the topic. The last thing I wanted was for her to punch me in the throat.

“Yeah, he asked me a question,” She informed, placing her book bag onto a chair beside her as she smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow curiously. “Oh, he asked if I saw Nick.” She smiled. I felt my smile dropping slowly. So he wasn’t worried about me?

“Oh… well, I mean, did you see Nick?” I stuttered casually. What was I supposed to say?

“What’s wrong?” She asked, leaning forward. I shrugged.