Chapter 1

Zayn's POV

There's some people that have this light to them that can't be put out. You look at them and can't stop looking at them, or you just see that those people need to be put on a pedestal so the world can see them. Then there's those people that are just ordinary. They don't glow when they smile or draw attention when they speak. They're just ordinary, but there's always some people that believe they're special.

I'm just ordinary. There's nothing about me that would make people look or give that glow that attracts others to me. I'm just me and that's all. But to my sisters or to my family, I guess to them I'm something special. That's kind of why I have dinner with them every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night. It's not like I go out to clubs or date someone. No one likes me more than just a one night stand, so I just stick to myself unless I really need to get some, so to say.

My car parked outside my parents house, the house I grew up in. I took a minute to look through my book bag to get the tickets for that concert I had gotten last week. I had forgotten about them actually until Nick asked me how my brothers reacted to getting the tickets. Of course, I had to correct him and tell him I had sisters and only then did I remember that I hadn't given them the tickets yet.

Once I got the envelope, I tucked it in my fake leather jacket. I got out of my car and walked up the driveway to the house. I knocked on the door before opening it. Safaa came running down the stairs and tackled me in a hug. Even if she's thirteen, she's still my little baby koala sister.

"How's it going?" I asked her once she got her skinny legs wrapped around me. All of us Malik kids are skinny little things. We don't know why, but I don't mind. Especially when my sister still thinks she's a six year old and I can carry her. I carried her into the kitchen where my mum and Doniya were cooking. My dad was at the table with Waliyah doing something.

Doniya was older than me, but she was like me in some ways that she spent time here with us more than a crazy party life that normal twenty year olds should have. Waliyah was seventeen and too cool to like me, but I knew she liked seeing me when I would come around. We were pretty close when I lived at home, so she didn't really need to smother me for me to know she kind of likes me.

"Hello, sunshine. How was your day?" My mum asked me as I went up and kissed her cheek. Call me a mama's boy, but I love mum more than a normal twenty-two year old should. She set down her big spoon and turned to give me a hug before going back to stirring whatever was in her pot. Doniya gave me a smile, then I went over to my dad. He pat my back then went back to helping Waliyah with what looked like math homework.

"Math is disgusting. Get it out of our kitchen." I told me sister as I took a seat next to her. She kicked me understand the table and looked at me with at smirk.

"You're disgusting, but we let you in the kitchen." She sassed back. That only caused me to laugh at her and mess up her long brown hair.

"That's not something you should say to someone that has four VIP tickets to see One Direction." I told her, pulling out the envelope. She dropped her pencil and looked at me like she couldn't believe what I just said. I heard Doniya drop her knife she was cutting up vegetables with and saw Safaa grab onto the counter like she was about to faint.

"Wait, are you serious?!" Waliyah screeched. I pulled out the tickets and put them on her math book then quickly got up to get out of the way so my other sisters could look at the tickets without trampling me.

The three of them screamed and said things that I can only assume to be words, but I didn't catch those really. My dad shook his head and looked at me like he needed me to explain this. He's always given me that look. Any time I would annoy the girls when I was little and make them cry or scream, he always needed an explanation before he actually judged my me. Of course, then I made them scream by putting fake bugs and stuff in their beds or just being obnoxious. I was the only boy in the family, it was my job to annoy them.