Chapter 15

Zayn's POV

The rest of that day was filled with too much tension. I know it was only my fault it was there, but I couldn't help it. Niall kind of hurt me when he said this would be over soon. I just keep getting such mixed signals from him that he wants to be more than just nothing. Then anytime I'm about to just leave, he pulls me back in and makes it feel like I can't even imagine what it would be like to go back to my boring life without him. Even now, I felt like a complete idiot staying around all day while he did his concert and his meet and greet and sound check. I should have left when he said it would he over soon, instead part of me thought I could change his mind. But after thinking allot all day, I felt stupid for staying.

Niall and I got back to his hotel room after the concert, but I didn't really want to be with him alone yet. All I know that's going to happen is we'll snog each other, get off, then cuddle like goodbye isn't just sitting there like an annoying ticking on our ears.

"I'm going to go out for a cigarette." I mumbled to Niall. He had just kicked off his shoes, but he came over to me and grabbed my wrist gently. I turned to look at him and saw the slight fear running through his eyes like I was leaving him. I leaned down and kissed his cheek, then left the room before anything more could become of it.

I went down the hall and found Louis was standing by the elevator. I walked over to him and we both got on the elevator together quietly. He pressed for the bottom floor, but I didn't even question it. I also knew I didn't have a pack of cigarettes at the moment so I was just kind of going with Louis like a lost puppy. We ended up in the back of the hotel where Louis pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Once he got himself situated, he tossed both things to me and took a long drag of his own cigarette.

"Is Niall being a difficult ass hole?" Louis asked me. I shrugged and inhaled as much of the nicotine as I could. I let it out and looked at Louis, his blue eyes looking at me like he was trying to see what my hidden agenda was.

"He's confusing. I felt like we could be more than whatever we are, but he said it would be over soon then he looks at me with his puppy eyes any time I want to leave. I have no idea what to do. I should leave while he's sleeping, but I've never done that to anyone and it would kill me to do that; especially to Niall." I told him, then looked down at my boots. Louis bumped into me so I was looking at him.

"Do you like Niall?" Louis asked me with a smirk. I shook my head and took another drag of my cigarette. It's better that I lie to myself now and to everyone else. I won't get hurt that way. Louis then surprised me by grabbing my hips and pulling me closer to him. He lifted one hand up to my cheek and looked down at my lips.

"Louis stop it..." I warned him. He leaned in and looked me in the eyes. His breath came out on my lips, but I didn't really want this. I pushed the smaller man back and looked at him. He started laughing and took a drag of his cigarette.

"If you didn't have any feelings for Niall, you would have been all over what I just did. Every single guy Niall brings back always takes full advantage of any of us. Once, one guy literally left Niall passed out in the hallway while he went to try getting Harry in bed with him. I was already there, but that guy thought he could use Niall as a gateway to the rest of us. You're a liar, Zayn. We all see you like Niall. We also see that you respect him and care about him. Niall is wounded in ways no one will ever understand. He had a shitty home life, shitty relationships and now he has problems choosing who he let's in. Some advice for you, don't let him push you away. Everyone on our team knows he's too sensitive to get fake girlfriends and put up with shit, so they wouldn't do it more than a single date or an empty threat. There's nothing that Niall could tell you that would be enough of an excuse for you to leave. He needs someone. To be honest, I think he needs you." Louis told me. After that, we both stayed silent and smoked the rest of our cigarettes before going back inside.