Chapter 20

Niall's POV

"Niall..." I heard Zayn's voice whisper to me through my sleep. I opened my eyes but closed them again when sleep tried to pull me back into its arms. I felt Zayn's fingers brush over my cheek and forehead so I opened my eyes to look at him.

"You've been asleep for an hour and I got worried you were over worked or hurt something. Are you feeling okay?" He asked me softly. I giggled at his worrying self and stretching my body out. Zayn kissed my forehead then got out of bed. I saw he was in some sweats already and watched him as he went to get a t-shirt on. I sat up in his bed, but sat a little sideways because my one thigh was sore and my bum.

I didn't expect us to have sex at all, let alone it be the way it was. I knew he brought me here to talk and I knew now was going to be the time we talk because we got our horny teenager feelings out of the way for us to talk like adults. I didn't want to because I had a feeling about where this was heading and it wasn't going somewhere I would like it to. It had to be done though.

Zayn gave me some of his boxers and clothes to borrow, then left the room for me to get dressed. I got all his clothes on and wandered down the hall to where I found Zayn in his kitchen getting some water. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. My nose couldn't help itself but to inhale his smell. It was such a warm smell that it made me shiver.

"Can I have more of that drink?" I asked him. Zayn scoot over to the refrigerator with me still holding his back. He huffed when he needed to get some of his mixes for the drink then hunched down a little. I got the message and jumped up so I was on his back.

"My little monkey." Zayn sighed to me. I giggled and rest my head on his shoulders so he could continue to make us both that beverage he had made earlier. When he finished he carried me and the drinks into the living room. I got dropped off on the couch and he went over to his speaker on his table he had by the window. Zayn connected his phone to it and some soft R&B started playing.

"Do you mind this?" Zayn asked me as he came to sit next to me. I shook my head and drank my drink he had made. Neither of us looked at each other and I'm sure it was just because of earlier. It's messed up that we literally don't talk about everything that needs to be talked about, but we can fuck like no one's business. There's ways that we both use our bodies to communicate. For Zayn, he's an open book.

I can feel the way he wants to make me his completely. I feel the way he holds on to things that don't matter in the end. Those things are the way he touches me to make sure I'm okay or the way I look at him. I feel how he feels because he puts it all out there for the taking even if he didn't mean to. For me, I hope he doesn't see that I'm depending on his attention, but he's a smart man and I know he sees it. Our kisses always tell the most though and there's no changing that.

I looked around his flat a little to change the topic my mind was going to, but instead I started thinking about how in the hell someone could live in the same place for so long doing the same thing every single day. Even before I was in One Direction, I always had to change up the way I did things. It was either how I did my hair or the music I listened to, but I was constantly changing something. The band only pulled that out for me that I truly had no home and truly didn't give a fuck if I did or not. Ireland is my home that will always be there, but I don't want this house I have to go back to when I'm not working and responsibilities there. I like to go with things the way they come, not force myself to be restricted.

"How can you do the same thing every fucking day?" I asked Zayn. He snorted and rolled his eyes at me. I know this is the exact conversation we had in the beginning, but this time I know a little more about the man and I can tell he's even bord with his own life. He just won't admit it and that's a little sad.