Chapter 19

Zayn's POV

Niall and I got to my flat with him only ducking in the front seat a few times to hide from paparazzi. We didn't really talk that much, but I figured it could wait for when we actually got to my flat. I was planning on talking to him about us and about how I needed to know if he could actually handle a relationship or if I should stop my dreaming. I just walked with him following me down the hall to my flat. There wasn't any tension, it was just a comfortable quietness that we were sharing.

I opened the door to my place and let him walk in first. I saw the proud smile on his face when he flipped the light switch and the lights actually went on. I never made him unpay for him paying my utilities, but I'm definitely putting the money I would have paid for it in a savings account for later so he's not paying for my things.

"Do you want something to drink? I have a few beers or I could mix up a little something." I offered. Niall slipped off his jacket and put it on the chair that was in my living room. I watched his shirt ride up just a little, but the usual band of his boxers was absent so I got a better view of his soft v-lines and tummy.

"I want to see what you can mix up. I didn't know you could do that." He told me in a cheeky tone. I took off my own jacket and pulled him into my kitchen so he could watch me make a drink.

My hands skillfully worked to get some vodka, cranberry juice, lemons and limes and some soda water all mixed up in a shaker with some ice. I poured it into a glass and looked over to see Niall was leaning on the counter right behind me watching me closely. He took the drink from me and tasted it. When he smiled, I knew he liked it so I turned to make myself one too.

"Where did you learn how to make that? It's really good." He commented. I poured my drink in a glass and leaned back on the counter across from him so we could actually start talking just like there was never any bitter feelings. This is a good start, at least that's what I think.

"When I first moved out of my parents house and needed a job I did some bartending. I kind of threw this together for myself at the end of the night when I got off work with the stuff that no one used. It tasted good, but I was afraid I was turning into an alcoholic so I quit and got the job at the tattoo shop then got accepted for the internship with Grimmy. The rest is history." I said. Niall started laughed kind of out of nowhere but when I asked him what he was laughing at he took another drink, then laughed again.

"You thought you were turning into an alcoholic? That's hilarious to me. Does alcoholism even run in your family?" He asked me through his laughter. I shook my head, making him set off laughing once again. I rolled my eyes, but ended up cracking a smile because his laugh was contagious.

"I'm Irish, so there's no such thing as an alcoholic. It's called happiness in Ireland." He laughed to me. I laughed and pulled him from the kitchen to my living room. There were a few books on the coffee table and papers eveywhere, but Niall pushed them carelessly to the floor and sat on my couch. He made a quiet comment that school was stupid, but I decided not to argue or tell him anything because things were going alright.

"Have you ever been to America?" Niall asked me kind of suddenly. I shook my head and drank a little more so I could feel a light buzz of the alcoholic beverage. Niall followed what I did, but he seemed uneasy.

"I've never been out of the country anywhere. I've been a few places with my family on holiday, like London and Liverpool, but Bradford is kind of where I've stayed. I've never been in an airplane before." I said. Niall looked at me sadly and scoot closer to me, but not close enough that it looked like a physical advance. It was just a comfort thing. I didn't need to be comforted though. To me, it wasn't bad that I'd never been anywhere but places a few hours away. It was just my life and I was fine with that. I'd never be able to afford a plane ticket anyway, so no need to want to go somewhere.