Chapter 23

Niall's POV

The sleepless night left and brought a tired morning. Zayn and I only took short naps all night and spent the rest of the time loving on each other and looking at each other. My offer still stood where it was, but Zayn didn't say anything about it. Neither of us actually talked all that much when we were awake. We just looked at each other and touched each other. Zayn drew on my back for a little and I switched spots with him and became the big spoon to hold him for once.

That's the way we both woke up fully. He was curled into my crest and his legs we tangled with mine. We held each other tightly, not letting the morning get going to where it needed to go. I closed my eyes again to get a little more rest because I was exhausted, but Zayn moved out of my arms to stretch out his limbs. All I did was watch him then he rolled back over to look at me.

"What time do you need to leave?" Zayn asked me like it wasn't a big deal. I saw in his eyes it was a big deal, but he was trying so hard to keep it cool, but he was failing miserably.

"A car is coming to take me to the airport at eight. Apparently the boys already packed my stuff. so we're all heading out to the airport right away." I sighed and stretched out. Zayn sat up slowly and pulled his legs up to his chest. I rolled right into him and made him hold me. He ran his hands over my ruined skin that was covered in permanent ink and love bites.

"Do you want to shower? You need to look pretty for the cameras." Zayn chuckled softy to me. I sat up and got his hands in mine. He shook his head and looked around his room like he was really seeing that there are chains holding him back from going to do something that would make him happy. I saw it too, but for me I knew the out was easy.

"We can shower to wake up a bit more." I offered to him. He nodded and got out of his bed. I got up too, but winced when my bum started throbbing. Zayn made sure I was okay. then led me into his bathroom. It was only six thirty, but that wasn't going to last long. Time was seeping through our fingers like sand in an hour glass.

Both of us got in the shower and washed off. Zayn laughed when none of the ink on my skin even came off. I smiled and turned my head as best as I could so I could see where Zayn signed my arse.

"I know you have a cute bum, but don't check yourself out right in front of me." Zayn chuckled to me, getting my bum in his hands to squeeze it. I nuzzled my face into his neck and laughed because he was being ridiculous. I knew he was trying to distract me from making him answer me in any way. I didn't mind he was being playful, but it would be nice if I could read what he was feeling.

Once we were done showering, I got dressed in whatever clothes of Zayn's that I wanted to. Zayn got dressed in some jeans and a white shirt that had buttons near the collar. He looked really nice, where I was kind of drowning in the jumper I was using of his. I didn't care because it smelt like him the most. I got my jeans on from yesterday, then started fixing my hair to look better than it did. I'm nor one that's always super concerned about my looks, but I knew I was about to get mobbed with paparazzi and fans and I didn't want to get told I was ugly. I've learned from the tabloids since I was sixteen that the best looking one in the band is Harry and the rest of us only can try to look our best.

Zayn and I ended up on his couch with steaming cups of coffee in our hands. Last night's evidence was still on the table. We just ignored it and drank our coffee while our hands never left each other. We were holding on the the threat holding us together and it was horrible.

"I ment what I asked you last night. You could come with me." I said quietly. Zayn looked at me and nodded so I knew he was taking my late night rambles seriously. He gave my hand a squeeze, then leaned in and kissed my cheek.