Chapter 10

Zayn's POV

I woke up from my not so short nap alone. Part of me felt a little sad about that, but when I heard my phone ring somewhere in my flat I shook it off and got out of my bed that faintly smelt like Niall. I walked into my living room and found my phone ringing away with my dad's name flashing across the screen.

"Zayn, are you alright? You were supposed to be here an hour ago. We're all just a little worried." My dad's worried voice spoke through my phone. Part of my brain was still a little bit asleep, but I wandered into my kitchen and filled up a glass of water to try and help myself wake up.

"I'm fine, Baba. I'm on my way now. I was caught up with someone and some studying. I'll be there in a few." I told my dad, hoping he would stop sounding like he thought I has gotten killed or something. He mumbled a short goodbye to me then ended the call. I looked over to the microwave on my counter and saw that the clock that had been off due to no electricity was now blinking.

It only took me a minute before I ran over to turn on a light switch which turned on the lights in my kitchen. There was slight anger in me that began to build up even though I knew I should be grateful about this. I knew Niall did this. I knew he was just throwing around all the money he has, but I didn't want it. I didn't want his damn money and I definitely didn't want him paying for my bills.

I looked down at the phone that was being clutched tightly in my hand. My knuckles had gone white. My fingers moved quickly to call the man that I was confusingly very angry with. The phone rang a few times before his Irish voice spoke up through the phone.

"What the hell, Niall? I don't need you to pay for my stuff!" I yelled over the phone. There was a moment of scuffing then I heard a thud of something shutting before he spoke up.

"I'm not going to let you sit in a dark flat without heated water. If you thought I would just go over to your flat and see the way you were living and just leave it, you thought wrong." Niall told me slowly. I ran my hand through my hair because I knew I was sounding like a complete jerk by not saying thank you, but I felt so inadequate and pathetic. He's this rich guy that looks in on my life and thinks he has to fix it with his money. I don't need that. If there's anything from him that I wanted or needed it's just his company and his heart.

"Niall, I don't want you wasting your money on me! That's not how this is supposed to be at all! I'm supposed to take care of you and make sure you're alright. Not you doing this! This makes it seem like I'm your hired slut!" I yelled. My eyes clouded up a little because it hit me way this was bothering me. I wanted more from him than he could give me. I also just really wanted things to be the way they're supposed to be.

"So you think just because I fucking let you take control in any sexual thing we do, that means you need to take care of me? Drop the fucking stereotypes, Zayn. If you think that one of us has to be more submissive just because of what we do in the bedroom, you're extremely out of line. I did this to help you out, not to take away whatever fake masculinity you thought you had. I can take care of you and still see you as the strongest fucking person I've ever met! I can help you pay your utilities and still let you fuck me if that's what you want! This isn't only about sex, I actually care if you have electricity and hot water in your flat, you fucking cave man!" Niall yelled back to me. His words hit me like a ton of bricks and I realized this was just one more thing that proved why we couldn't be anything more than whatever we are. I need someone to take care of and I need someone to protect, it's just my nature. Niall doesn't need any of that, yet he's able to let himself become submissive and gentle when he wants to be.

"This is ridiculous. Just go back to your perfect rich, pop star life and I'll go back to my normal one." I mumbled, but my throat closed up a little because this was a horrible way to end this.