Chapter 4

It was a quiet and peaceful night. I sat beside the lake, looking up at the stars in the sky. I blew into my flute, playing a soft melody.

I watched as wild animals slowly approached me. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as I continued playing. This always happens when I play.

The animals surrounded me, listening to my music. The animals ranged from birds and squirrels to foxes, raccoons, and even deer.

For some reason animals love my music. After I finished my melody, most of the animals continued to hang around for a bit.

I suddenly heard a few barks that caused the animals to scatter. Out from the darkness came a large black and red husky. I stood up as the dog came toward me.

It stopped in front of me and sat down. I smiled. "Hi there, doggie. Did you come to hear my music too?"

The dog barked in reply. "Do you have a name?"

The dog seemed to nod slightly before smiling wide at me, showing his human teeth. "What a pretty smile."

The dog barked. I blinked a few times. "Wait, is that your name? Smile?"

The dog barked again. I smiled and crouched down, petting his head. "Hi, Smile. I'm Blizzaria."

Smile grinned and wagged his tail. "Would you like to hear me play some more?"

Smile barked in reply and stood up with me. I sat beside the water again. Smile laid beside me and put his head in my lap. I brought my flute up to my mouth and began playing another melody.

I noticed other animals beginning to approach again. Smile remained where he was, not even bothering with the other animals.

Playing a soft, sad melody, I felt tears well up in my eyes before running down my cheeks. I paused in the middle of the song to wipe my tears away.

Smile looked up at me questioningly. I gave a small smile. "I'm okay. That song just brings back memories, that's all."

Smile licked my hand affectionately causing me to giggle. "Thanks, Smile."

I pet his head and played another song, noticing all the animals here to listen and comfort me.

Hoodie's pov

After awhile, it was completely dark out. Ben was still playing games when Jeff came in the front door. We all looked at him and I noticed that Smile wasn't with him.

Jack must've also noticed because he asked, "Where's Smile?"

Jeff shrugged. "Hell if I know. He went running off on his own out in the woods. But I'm not worried, he can take care of himself."

Jeff headed upstairs, probably to get a shower since he had blood on his clothes. I quietly asked Masky, "Do you think Smile could track down the ice creepypasta?"

"Probably. Who knows, maybe that's what he went chasing after in the woods."

I nodded. I wish Smile would lead us to this creepypasta. I guess I'll just be on the lookout whenever I leave from now on.

Blizzaria's pov

After playing a few songs on my flute, I let out a tired yawn. Smile looked up at me before standing up. I stood and stretched my arms.

"I think it's time to get some sleep. Do you have a home, Smile?"

He let out a small bark. "I'll take that as a yes. I guess I'll see you again soon then."

I pet him one more time before he began walking back through the trees. "Oh, and Smile?"

He stopped and looked back at me. "Please don't give away my being here. I would prefer our meetings to be kept a secret."

Smile grinned and barked before continuing on his way. I watched him and the other animals slowly leave, one by one.

I turned and walked across the lake to my icey home. There were a few trees on my island that sheltered me at night. I laid on a soft patch of grass.

I gazed up at the sky between the trees before slowly closing my eyes. The sounds of crickets and the trees blowing in the breeze lulled me to sleep.

Hoodie's pov

Instead of going to sleep like everyone else, I decided to wait for Smile to come back. I quietly snuck out of my room and went downstairs.

That's when I saw Jeff sitting on the couch watching TV. When he noticed me, he asked, "What are you doing up so late, Hoodie?"

"I'm just getting a late night snack. What about you?"

"I'm waiting for Smile to come back. He's gone out like this before, but never for this long."

I stayed quiet and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a slice of cheesecake before heading back to the living room. I'm not really all that hungry, but this is my excuse to wait down here for Smile.

I sat beside Jeff on the couch, eating my slice of cheesecake. Soon enough, we heard one of the windows being pushed open. We turn to see Smile climbing in through the window.

Smile stared at us for a moment, as if he was surprised that we were up. Jeff stood up and walked over to him.

"Smile, where have you been all this time?"

Smile whimpered at him as if apologizing. Jeff finally let out a sigh. "Whatever, let's just go to bed. Night, Hoodie."

"Night."

After Jeff had passed me, Smile stopped and looked up at me before following his master upstairs. I put my empty plate in the kitchen before heading back to my room.

I laid in bed, thinking about what Jeff had said. So Smile has never stayed out that long before? What could he have been doing?

I sighed to myself. Maybe next time I'll be around to follow him. I let myself fall asleep with the thought in my mind.