Chapter 8

Blizzaria's pov

The next day was pretty ordinary. I was walking through the woods, taking in the scenery as the sun began to set when I heard a familiar bark.

I turned to see Smile running toward me. I crouched down as he stopped in front of me, wagging his tail and licking me.

I noticed Hoodie walking up behind Smile. "Hi, Smile, Hoodie."

"Taking a walk, Blizzaria?"

I nodded and stood up straight. "Yes. You two are welcome to join me, if you like."

"Sounds good to me."

Smile seemed to bark in agreement. I smiled and began walking with Hoodie and Smile. We slowly made our way to the lake where my island home resided.

I stared at the small island out on the water. "You said you lived on that island, right?"

I looked over at Hoodie who stood beside me. "Yeah. Would you like to see it up close?"

"If it's alright with you."

I gave a small smile. "Of course it's alright. You two are my friends. I'm just inviting you to my home."

I stepped out onto the water, letting the surface freeze under my feet. Smile was quick to follow me, but Hoodie seemed hesitant.

I turned back toward him. "Don't worry, Hoodie. It's safe."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Just look at Smile. Does he look afraid?"

I glanced over at Smile happily wagging his tail. I held my hand out to Hoodie, watching him take it and step onto the ice.

"See? Nothing to worry about."

Hoodie kept a hold on my hand as I began walking, causing a slight blush to tint my cheeks. Making a path across the lake, we soon arrived on the island.

I quietly sat down on a patch of grass, Hoodie and Smile soon following. Hoodie looked all around at the ice covered surroundings.

"Wow."

I tilted my head at him. "Wow what?"

"The ice. It glistens in the light. It's beautiful. Your power is really something."

I shyly looked away. "Oh, t-thank you."

It grew quiet as we gazed up at the darkening sky. I decided to ask, "Hoodie?"

"Yes?"

"Why...why have you been so nice to me? Why were you searching for me before?"

He seemed to stare at me in silence for a moment before answering. "Because...you're one of us, and you seemed so...lonely. I thought you could use a friend."

I smiled as he looked at me. "So tell me more about your family."

Hoodie's pov

I told Blizzaria all about the others back home. She listened intently to every word, a smile on her face. She frowned slightly once I finished.

"So you...kill people?"

I slowly nodded, watching her for any reaction. "Yeah, we all do. It's just something that we creepypastas crave. It comes naturally to us."

She looked down at her lap. "Not for me."

"Well, you're just an exception. You're different."

"I don't fit in, even among my own kind."

Her voice was quiet. My eyes widened when I realized she was starting to cry. "No, no, that's not what I meant."

She stood up suddenly, hugging her arms as tears streamed down her face. "I...I'm a freak. I don't fit in anywhere. I...I should've died that day!"

She suddenly ran away, causing Smile and me to jump up and follow. "Wait, Blizzaria!"

She lost us through the frozen trees, but we quickly caught up. We found her sitting on a large, flat rock, hugging her knees against her chest as she cried.

Ice was beginning to rise up around her in jagged spikes. Smile and I rushed over, making our way closer as we moved around the ice spikes.

"Blizzaria, I didn't mean it that way. You're different, a good different."

She seemed to ignore me. "Please, don't shut me out. Don't isolate yourself again."

She glanced toward me. "Why shouldn't I? It's not like I belong anywhere. I shouldn't even be alive."

I made my way as close as I could, but Blizzaria was still just out of my reach. "Don't say that. You are an amazing, unique person. And even if the whole world turns its back on you, I'll still be here for you."

She looked at me in surprise. "Do...Do you really...mean that?"

"Yes. No matter what, Smile and I will be with you. You don't have to be all alone."

I stretched my hand out to her. "You belong with us."

She stared at my hand before hesitantly taking it. In and instant, the ice spikes melted away as Blizzaria stood from the rock.

She looked up at me through teary eyes as I spoke. "Blizzaria, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I just-"

She suddenly hugged me. I stood in shock for a moment before returning her hug, wrapping my arms around her. A smile tugged at my lips as I held her.

Her body felt cool to the touch, but it didn't bother me right now. It actually felt kinda...relaxing.

"It's okay, Hoodie. I overreacted. I trust you and Smile."

When she pulled away from me, she gave me a warm smile and pet Smile's head. We quietly went back to our spot and sat back down, leaning back on the grass.

Blizzaria laid her head against Smile as we gazed up at the sky. We talked a bit more before Smile and I headed back home for the night.