Chapter 5

Hoodie's pov

For the past few nights, Smile has been sneaking out. Masky and I managed to catch him the night after he ran off and lost Jeff in the woods.

We had gotten up for some late night cheesecake when Smile passed the kitchen. He had stopped, staring at us as we stared back at him.

He quickly trotted out of our view. We both got up and quietly peeked out of the kitchen to see Smile climbing out the window. By the time we had gone out the door to follow him, we had already lost sight of the large dog.

Masky and I would always try to follow him, but we would always lose him. How he managed to give us the slip every time, I have no idea.

Tonight, Masky and I were waiting outside, peeking around the side of the house, watching Smile climb out of the window and head into the woods.

Masky looked at me. "I think Smile has a girlfriend."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because he's always sneaking out like this. There's obviously something he's hiding from the rest of us."

I shrugged and gestured for Masky to hurry as we began tailing Smile. We were so quiet this time that Smile hadn't even heard us following him.

Unfortunately, Masky just happened to step on a twig, causing it to snap under his foot. Smile perked up and looked back in our direction before darting past the trees.

Masky groaned. "Uuugh, we're never going to catch him! He's too fast for us. I think I'm gonna head back to bed and just forget about it."

"Go ahead. I'm gonna look around a bit more."

"You sure?"

I simply nodded. Masky shrugged and turned around. "Okay then, good luck."

After he left, I began walking in the direction Smile had gone. After a short while of walking, I sighed to myself. Maybe I should just give up too, I don't think Smile will let us follow him all the way to his destination.

Just when I was about to turn back, I caught sight of something shining among the darkness. Getting closer, I found that it was a tree with a shiny, glittering pattern over the surface of the trunk.

Stopping in front of it, I hesitantly placed my hand on it. Even through my glove, I could feel the cold, smooth surface on my palm.

"Ice? Why would there be...?"

Realization hit me. The ice making creepypasta, it must have been here. Maybe I'm close to finding it. Perhaps Smile was coming here to meet with this new creepypasta after all.

Walking past the frozen tree's trunk, I caught sight of another trunk encased in ice, and another after that. There was practically a trail of them, and I bet they'll lead me straight to this creepypasta.

Following the trail of frozen trees, I could faintly hear what sounded like...music. I started following the sound as it got louder and louder.

I soon came to a small clearing where I hid and watched for a bit. There was a girl with icey blue hair sitting in front of a small lake. She played a flute while her back was turned toward me.

I immediately recognized the black and red fur of Smile sitting next to her. His head was on her lap while she played, and several other animals were sitting around her.

So this is where Smile has been sneaking off to. I stayed hidden and just listened to the melody the girl played. It was pretty, but also kinda...sad. I wonder why.

Blizzaria's pov

I played a sad melody while Smile and some wild animals sat around me, listening to my music. After I finished, I wiped my watery eyes and pet Smile's head.

The other animals began to scatter while Smile picked his head up, looking behind me. I slowly turned my head to catch sight of a masked, hooded boy.

My eyes widened as I gasped and stood up. I was frozen in fear as I stared at him, seeing only fake, red eyes staring back at me. Smile stood up and barked, wagging his tail.

"So this is where you've been, Smile."

So Smile knows this guy. But what do I do? I never wanted to be found. I slowly backed away a bit. The hooded boy must've noticed and took a few steps toward me.

That's when Smile stood in front of me, growling at him. The boy seemed a bit surprised as he said, "Smile?"

I took this opportunity and ran. I ran straight into the trees, hoping to escape the hooded boy.

Hoodie's pov

Smile is protecting her? He must've really taken a liking to this girl to turn on me like this. In an instant, the girl took off into the trees.

Before I could chase after her, Smile bit the bottom of my hoodie, stopping my movement as I tried tugging it from his mouth.

"Let go, Smile!"

By the time he finally let go, I knew the girl was long gone. I sighed in frustration while Smile looked up at me apologetically and whimpered.

"You didn't have to stop me. I wasn't going to hurt her, Smile."

I began to walk back toward the mansion with Smile. That girl, I'm positive she's the one freezing everything.

But she seemed way more afraid of me than anything. I don't think she's going to be a danger to us. And I don't know why, but I actually found her to be quite...pretty.

But I still wonder, what's she doing out here all alone? What has happened to her before? I'm determined to find out.