Chapter 6

Hoodie's pov

Finally making it back to the mansion, I quietly asked Smile, "Do you think you could start letting me come with you to see that girl?"

He barked and grinned at me, as if telling me yes. I smiled under my mask and quietly entered the mansion with Smile. Assuming everyone else was still asleep, I went to my room while Smile headed to Jeff's.

I quickly went to sleep that night, thinking of that mysterious girl. As soon as morning came, I met with Slender in his office.

"So you saw the girl responsible for freezing everything?"

I nodded. "Yes, sir. She quickly ran away, but I definitely got a good look at her."

"Well then, I believe I can send the others out with you to catch her."

"Actually, I was hoping I could do this on my own."

Slender tilted his head at me. "Are you sure, Hoodie?"

I nodded. "Smile has already befriended her, I just need to do the same. Besides, she doesn't seem to have any interest in fighting."

"Hmm, very well. I will entrust this mission to you and Smile."

"Thank you, Slender."

I left his office and went downstairs. I joined the others for breakfast in the kitchen. Everyone seemed to stare at me as I began eating.

Sitting next to Masky, he nudged me with his elbow. "So how'd it go last night?"

"I found her, the ice making creepypasta."

Ben's eyes seemed to widen as he leaned over the table. "Her? So we've got a girl creepypasta on our hands. Let's hunt her down and-"

I interrupted him. "Actually, that task has been given to Smile and me."

Jeff eyed Smile who ate on the floor beside him. "So I guess that's where Smile's been sneaking off to lately."

I simply nodded. "At first, Smile was actually protecting her from me, which is how she got away."

I heard a low chuckle come from Jack. "Sounds like Smile may have found someone he likes more than Jeff."

Jeff grumbled to himself at that statement. That's one reason why I don't want the others to come with me. They might go overboard and actually hurt the girl.

After finishing breakfast, Smile left the mansion with me. He led the way as we headed to that lake again. When we arrived at the edge of the lake, there was no sign of the girl.

I could see a small island out on the lake that looked like it was half covered in ice, but there's no way to get over there.

"She's not here this time."

Smile whined before sniffing the ground. He barked at me and started following a trail. I followed behind him as he went back into the woods again.

"Good boy, Smile. See if you can track her down."

His pace quickened as he darted past trees before finally stopping. He barked and wagged his tail as he approached the girl. She smiled and bent down to pet him.

After a moment, I came out from around a tree. Her expression turned to one of fear as she noticed me. I slowly walked forward, but in an instant, she took off again.

Smile and I chased after her this time, staying right behind her as she ran. She glanced back at me and continued running. As she started tiring out, I managed to catch up with her.

I quickly grabbed her arm causing her to turn toward me with a panicked expression. I took this opportunity to push her back against a tree, blocking her escape routes.

She didn't struggle against me, she didn't say a word, she simply squeezed her eyes shut and turned her head away from me. I decided to say something.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'll let you go if you promise not to run again, okay?"

Her eyes slowly opened as she looked at me. Her eyes were the same icey blue color as her hair. She hesitantly nodded.

I released my hold on her and backed away slightly. She quietly stood there, rubbing her arm as she stared at the ground.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "So, you already know Smile. My name is Hoodie."

Her eyes darted back and forth from the ground to me. "Um, I-I'm Blizzaria."

Her voice was quiet. I can tell she's nervous. She seems really shy, kinda like I usually am. That's why I don't talk too often, but this was an exception.

"You're the one freezing everything, right?"

She nodded and whispered, "Y-Yes."

It grew quiet as she shyly glanced around. I tried to think of something to say.

"Do you...have a home?"

"W-Well, I live on that island on the lake."

"By yourself?"

She nodded. "Well, we could be friends, if you like."

She looked up at me in surprise. Smile nudged her forward, bringing her closer to me. Smile whimpered at her as she pet his head.

"I guess that would be okay."

She gave a small smile as she gazed at me. Oh wow, she's actually really pretty when she smiles like that. I could feel my face heat up slightly under my mask.

"G-Great. So, are you a creepypasta?"

She tilted her head in confusion. "I-I don't know. Is that...what I am?"

"Let me ask you this, how did you get your power?"

Her eyes widened before she looked down at the ground again. She rubbed her arms as if remembering something painful.

"I...I...died. In a freezer. At school. When I woke up, I was like this."

I slowly nodded. "So that means you are a creepypasta. Since you are one of us, you're welcome to stay with us and-"

"No!"

She backed away slightly as she yelled. I quickly said, "Okay, okay, never mind."

"I'm sorry. I just...don't feel comfortable around others."

"I understand. I won't force you if you don't want to. But if you ever change your mind, you're more than welcome to come with me."

She nodded again. "O-Okay."

"So...you play the flute. Could you...play for me?"

She smiled again and nodded. "Sure. Come with me."