Chapter 6

Ah, Saturday. How I love thee. My face still hurts from yesterday, but I dont care. Two liters of Mountain Dew, good internet connection, and a variety of snacks. I'm ready to enjoy my weekend.

Ding-dong.

"Hey mom, can you get that?"

Ding-dong.

"Mom!!"

Ding-dong ding-dong.

Where is she? Oh... right. She went to her friend's house. I am all alone today. Good thing I didn't start up the game. As I walked down the stairs, I stopped by the mirror.

The bruises had gotten better compared to yesterday, but they still hurt like crazy. I had to buy an extra pair of glasses cuz the others broke. I took a hold of a lock of my dark hair. Man, I need a haircut. I'm starting to look like a kid going through his eight grade emo phase. I've never been a fan of my body. I'm what people call average, save for my thing build.

Ding-dong ding-dong ding-dong.

"Coming!!"

Damnit, who would ring the doorbell with such intensity? As I grabbed the doorknob and pulled with force, i almost yelled.

"Whatever you're selling, we ain't buying."

"Well, I guess I'll have to take my cupcakes back with me."

Wait a minute.

"Hey, Adam, how you feeling?"

Ashley??!!! Am i even dressed properly??!! Hoodie, sweatpants. Ok, those will work.

"W-what are you doing here? How did you know where I lived?"

"I asked around my contacts from school and got your address. I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Well come in, come in."

Don't be nervous. Don't be nervous.

She stepped in and left her jacket on the rack. Man, she looks so cute with her regular clothes. Not that her uniform isn't bad, it's just that... eucbsucisnxusbxus what am I saying??!!! Stop. Graham. She's a friend. A friend.

She sets the cupcakes on the countertop and I noticed it was a plastic container.

"Homemade?"

"Yeah, I wanted to make you something delicious to help you feel better."

"T-thanks."

Man, oh man. Homemade? I feel so lucky. I leaned over the fridge to see what we had to drink.

"So, do you want to drink tea, milk or something else with your cupcake?"

No response.

"Ashley?"

Wait. I turned around and she isn't there. She wasn't at the bathroom or the living room either. Only when i heard footsteps coming from the second floor did my blood run cold. My room.

"Shitshitshitshit!!"

I ran as fast as I could manage. But she wasn't in my room. She was in the hall, looking at the pictures. It was probably the sun reflecting from outside, but her copper hair almost seemed to shine. So beautiful, so br--STOP, GRAHAM. What is with you today?! You've lost it just because she's visiting you!! I shook myself for a second.

"Ashley, you scared me there for a second."

She wasn't looking at me. She took a picture from the wall and chuckled. Maybe it was a trick of the light, but I swear I saw what seemed like tears in her eyes.