Chapter 10

"Say, I wanna go to the beach."

I put my Vita aside and looked at her from the floor as she was reading a book in my couch.

"What?"

"You heard me. Summer is the season for beaches and barbecue, not lazying around like we do everyday. Come on. One trip, I'll bring Michelle, you bring a friend too."

Well, Jake was bugging me to go to the beach this summer, might as well go.

"Ok, I'll call him later today."

"Awesome. We go tomorrow. I'll buy snacks."

"I'll grab drinks."

"You should probably focus on not dying on that game."

"Crap."

We just laughed and the day passed along just like every other day. The next day, I was waiting for everyone by the metro station, with a few sodas inside a portable cooler. When I saw Ashley and Michelle coming towards me, I got a call.

"Dude, you are probably gonna kill me but uh... I can't make it."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, my dad just came home with bags and told me to go with him for a few days to this cabin of his by the mountains. You know I can't say no when he wants to spend time with him."

"......"

"I'll make it up to you some other day. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize... I know how much I would give up to spend time with my dad. Have fun. And bring me souvenirs."

"You got it. And thanks, man."

"No problem."

"And enjoy being with two cute girls in swimsuits, hue hue hue."

He hanged up. Then I realized. I'm gonna be together with two extremely cute girls with very slight amounts of clothing. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap. Now my mind is going dark places.

"Hey, Adam. Where's your friend?"

"He uh... couldn't make it. Family stuff."

"Oh, well guess you'll be the lucky fellow to escort two beautiful girls today."

They both laughed, while I just chuckled nervously. Calm your raving mind, Adam. Do it now!!! The ride to the beach was quite normal. They spent the time catching up on the few weeks of summer they weren't together while I stared out the glass.

When we finally reached the beach, it was more open than I thought. Considering the hot weather and the proximity of the beach to town, I thought it would be much more packed. Oh well, better for me and my lack of swimming ability. We found a nice place and rented a beach umbrella to set our stuff down.

"We're gonna go change. No peeking."

"I know."

I was staring at the ocean for a while, so I didn't notice the girls creeping up on me with a bucket of seawater.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

They were laughing so hard, and i was shivering like a wet dog. The water was ridiculously cold.

"Dude."

"W-what? Haha."

I pulled out a water gun I had hidden among my stuff and smirked.

"You better run."

"H-hey, no fair!!"

"Cheater!"

"All's fair in love and war!!"

We spent the day running around the hot sand, throwing water at each other. We must've looked like such kids, but I didn't mind. I was having fun, even if I do hate the beach. We ended up exhausted under the umbrella.

"Man, I could go for some ice cream."

"There's a cart over there. What flavor do you girls want?"

"Strawberry!"

"Vanilla for me."

"Got it."

I got up and ordered the ice creams. I found it funny that they picked flavors that match their personalities so well. As I walked over with the ice creams, I noticed a gang of guys grouped over our umbrella. I figured these kind of douchebag existed only in anime, but I stood corrected.

"Come on, hang with us. Two cute girls shouldn't be alone here."

"Yeah, come with us. We'll have fun together."

Michelle was covering herself behind Ashley, while Ashley was angry to the point of kicking their asses. I had to do something to disengage this situation ASAP. So I did the most anime thing I could think of for this situation. I tripped.

"S-sorry about that."

My cookies and cream had fallen on the head of the leader of the pack. He looked anything but glad about it and I readied my face for the unavoidable, but Ashley took the opportunity as well.

"Ah, darling, you brought them. Thank you."

"Y-yeah. Here you go, strawberry and vanilla."

They each took their ice cream and started eating.

"Wait, you're with him?"

"Yes, we both are. Got a problem with that?"

"Che, forget it. Let's go, guys."

The gang walked away, and Ashley scoffed.

"Damn vultures, can't leave one alone."

"You are pretty attractive, Ash. Can't really blame 'em."

"Yeah, but can't they tell they were annoying, Mich?"

"Adam is still on a trance, though."

I was stunned. I know she was saying that we were together to get those guys away but still. Sheesh. Michellr wasn't kidding. Ashley looked pretty damn sexy on that white bikini, I had to look away, but Michelle looked just as good with her dark blue one piece. I panicked and used a shirt to cover my face. They both chuckled.

"Here."

"Huh?"

"You sacrificed your ice cream for us. So we share ours."

"Thanks. But it's ok. It was a noble sacrifice. Ice cream works in every anime to scare those kind of guys away."

We looked at each other and laughed. It was pretty dumb, but I guess this kind of fun isn't bad every once in a while.

"Well, darling, shall we teach you how to swim?"

"Sure, honey."

Now if only I could get over the fact that I can't swim, then this trip would be the best summer I've had in a very long while.