Chapter 9

Chapter IX When Makail sees what is going on beyond the plains

So Makail had saddled Drath and went for a ride on his back to where Drath said that there would be something beyond the plains of dragons he explained that even he didn't even know. When they arrived at the place he believed was beyond the plains. All that there was darkness and no life the grass was a light gray and if you looked close enough at one spot it looked as if it was slowly spreading. Makail was quiet while watching this until he spoke up.

"I had a dream about a place that looked like this." Makail said.

What happened during the dream? Drath asked?

"There was a sky like this but it looked stronger and then a dragon landed from nowhere right in front of me and said I am your rider." explained Makail.

When did this happened? Drath asked?

"The day I first saw you but why?" Makail Answered.

Well that might have been me or not I don't know but I might know where you were. Drath thought.

Where was I? Makail asked?

At the source of this storm and you probably were in front or at least near Hildreth's castle or base. Drath Explained.

So you see the grass? Makail asked?

Yes it seems the gray is spreading like a virus this must be what they were talking about. Drath thought.

So they flew back in silence. Until Makail spoke up.

"What does Hildreth's dragon look like?" Makail asked?

He is smoky looking and he looks like physical shadow. Drath replied.

"So is that why know one has been able to defeat him and how do you know?" Makail asked?

Yes it is because they have thought that bright colors defeat shadows but the truth is you can only defeat a shadow with another shadow and the G.O.A.L. mentioned it. Drath thought.

So is that why Brandon said the dark duo they may seem? Makail asked?

Well from what I have heard when I was a baby dragon is that the dark duo are not actual the dark duo but they can be. explained Drath.

What are you saying? Makail asked confusion written on his face?

What I am saying is those colors might be our way to defeat Hildreth. Drath thought.

So more practicing. Makail thought while bring out his scythe.

Yep more practicing. Drath thought.

So once they arrived it was dark out and they were exhausted after their day. So Makail went to his room and tried to get some sleep since he was to continue training the next day but he had trouble since something told him he wasn't going to like what was going to happen. When he began dreaming he saw that he was in a black room all around with little light enough for you to see at the least the maximum that Makail could see was around ten feet. Then out from the darkness a person walked until Makail could see him. He could only guess that it was was Hildreth. He was wearing dark clothes like a cloak and when you first looked at him he looked like a normal person but when you look at him for awhile it looked like something else was controlling him not a human being so it looked like he had no sanity he had pitch black eyes. Then he spoke.

"I am guess you know who I am." he said his voice sounding like a mad man craving more power than he could possible access.

"If I am correct you are Hildreth." Makail said

"Was it the clothes or the way I talk." Hildreth said with a cruel smile.

"I just knew and I am guessing you know who I am too." Makail asked?

"Yes I do Makail and I know who your dragon is to, you are probably wondering why your here and where you are at." Hildreth said still having the same sinister face.

"Yes I am and why did you want me here and now." Makail said.

"You are in a place I created I call it the dreamscape and why because I wanted to so how you looked before I also killed you like all the others who have faced me or have you not heard the stories." Hildreth said.

Then the images started popping up then they started movie like a film of images but each was different then the last each a different colored dragon and at the end each was cut down by Hildreth by unimaginable force. Then they just kept on changing and each ending the same as the last.

"What do you wish me to do cry and say stop I just saw someone dye over a week ago and it just looks like the same thing over and over and over again it gets annoying more than upsetting they are practically the same thing over and over again I feel more bad for them then sad." Makail said unfazed by the images but looked to be analyzing them instead.

"Usually they just say stop please stop I don't like these images then I leave them." Hildreth said all pathetically.

"But you are stubborn so when we have our true acquaintance you and your hopefully white dragon so why not the next sunrise after the day you wake up from this dream." Hildreth said while grazing his hand in an arch to emphasize the different colors of the dragons and also not sounding pleased.

"You think I have a white dragon oh no no no no no ... no I have a different color and would you like to know." Makail said pleased with his surprise.

"What is his color." Hildreth said greedily.

"You will have to see at our next acquaintance." Makail said snickering to himself.

"Why you little pain, why don't you tell me now"? Hildreth said sounding annoyed and greedy.

"The suspense it's killing you isn't it"? Makail asked

"Yes now tell me before I find out the more unconventional way". Hildreth said

"Let me think... No." Makail said cruelty.

"Fine you just made the wrong decision". Hildreth said with anger in his eyes

"You want to know how much I care?" Makail asked?

"Yes I do." Hildreth with pure hatred and anger in his eyes

"I don't care at all ohh you going to come after me oh no". Makail said.

"Fear my wrath and what I can do". Hildreth said

"Cool see you at like 1 or 2 pm or even later but whatever but I know I will see you tomorrow". Makail said.

"You have sealed you doom". Hildreth said.

"Still don't care". Makail said

Then Makail turned and the dreamscape slowly faded away but if he had looked a little longer he would have seem the piercing yellow eyes of a dragon and a smokey form around them.