Chapter 15

Chapter XV What just happened

When Makail woke up he heard chatter outside his door.
"He just attacked a five days ago." Said a boy that sound like a new guy, "There is one difference Hildreth isn't with them."

"Well that's a good thing right." Said a much softer girl like voice.

"Looks can be deceiving." Makail said as he opened his door.

"So you're saying Hildreth could be with them." asked the boy.

"Why would he attack with his army but then stay in hiding in his own fortress especially since i am here, does that make sense?" Makail asked?

"No it doesn't." said the girl.

"What are your guys names too." Makail asked?

"I'm Drake." said the boy.

"I'm Jenna." she answered.

"Nice to meet you two." Makail said.

"Nice to meet you too." they both said.

So with that Makail started going down the stairs since he didn't trust the lift since he didn't know where to step or pull the rope since it went all other the place and he didn't like how it felt so he decided to take the stairs which he slowly started gaining speed and jumping a few steps until he didn't think he could go farther, this helped him go down the stairs faster. Once he got to the bottom he heard the same kid from before yell "READY THE CATAPULTS". So once Makail got to the bottom he was met by Hazel.

"Hey Makail." Hazel said.

"Hi Hazel." Makail replied.

"Did you hear the rumor that Hildreth isn't with them." said some else in the distance that sounded like Brandon?

"Yes, but like I said to some other people looks can be deceiving." Makail said.

"We are still going to attack the army since he doesn't seem to be their." Brandon explained.

"So what are we going to do." Makail asked?

"Well we have already sent a small attack squad to take care of some of them then we will start shooting the catapults." explained Hazel. "We only start shooting the catapults when they get to close though".

"Cool hope it works." Makail said.

"So do we Brandon." said. Chater started in the distance.

"We have to go." Brandon said.

"Ok see you when you get back." Makail said.

Everything going ok? Drath asked.

Sure I guess just I kinda want to help. Makail Thought.

Well we can. Drath thought with that a wind he came down and swooped Makail up.

"What going on I can't see much because of the wind?" Makail asked screaming?!

Were going to fight with the others. Drath thought.

"Well how will I see with wind going around us, it's distorting everything?" Makail asked?

"Use the wind to your advantage as much as possible or I will let you know like we practiced." Drath thought.

"Ok and how far away are we from the rest of them." Makail asked.

Where here. Drath thought

Someone is coming to us. Makail thought. Then there was a roar.

Who was that. Makail thought.

An enemy dragon. Drath thought.

Ok didn't want any of our people was getting hurt. Makail thought.

They will be fine concentrate on our safety. Drath thought.

Then there was a hard impact that moved them.

Where being attacked you should grab your weapon, Drath suggested.

With that Makail drew his weapon and saw the silhouette of a person and dragon. Then the other person swung his sword. since his hearing had improved he heard the wind which then showed a small part of the scenery. This helped him dodge the blade and swing his own weapon but since he was in mid swing he couldn't dodge it. Then while there concentration was diverted another person used their dragon to ram them which caused Makail to lose some of his balance but not enough to cause him to fall off.

This person looks experienced so I suggest you drop of my back will my back his turned to them. Drath Thought.

I hope he doesn't follow me. Makail thought.

Agreed. Drath thought.

With that Drath tilted to the side away from the guy that rammed them. Once he did Makail dropped, then when he got to the ground he tucked and rolled. Then he heard three other sounds that sounded like someone hitting the ground.

No, he followed you. Drath thought.

I think there is also two other people beside the one we were being attacked by. Makail thought.

You think you can handle them? Drath thought worry in his voice.

Yeah I think I can especially since they think I am blind? Makail thought while smiling to himself.

So Makail did a slight unnoticeable tap that would send a wave of sound so he could see them. When one of them thought he wasn't paying attention he attacked but what he didn't know was that he heard what he was doing before he was close. When he thought he was going to hit him he raised his scythe and blocked it then he did another slight tap which allowed him to see where he was and kicked him. After he did that he heard two soft gasps. Then they attacked which Makail turned around with such speed it was unbelievable. He sliced him before they could doge.

Makail are you okay? Drath thought?

Yeah I knocked one unconscious I got rid of the others. Makail thought with sadness in his voice.

They seem to be low on numbers and are drawing back I will be there in a bit but I am close to the academy so I am going to go grab someone just incase you have injures. Drath thought.

"Makail do you need ride." said someone who sounded like Hazel.

"Is that you Hazel?" Makail asked?

"Yes it is me." Hazel said.

"I am coming. "Makail said. Drath I got a ride from Hazel.

How could Hazel be with you when I see Hazel in the courtyard. Drath thought.

Wait what but it was too late when he heard a splash and he slowly drifted to sleep. "Have a nice sleep." said Hildreth. "You bastard." Makail said. Makail I am coming. Drath thought but it was too late. Let's get out of here before his dragon comes to get him. Hildreth thought. Shadow travel. Chaos thought? Let's do it Hildreth agreed will putting Makail on chaos's back and getting on his back himself. Then a dark portal opened and they were dissolved into it.

...

Shadow realm

"Man I really don't like the beginning since it's always disorienting but it's the safest way to travel especially with him with us". Hildreth said while pointing behind him.

Yeah but it's also quicker and easier for us to sneak around Chaos thought.

But enough stalling we have work to do. Hildreth thought

Yes we do. Chaos thought.

What will Hildreth do to Makail? Where will he take him? What is his plan now? Will Drath be able to save him?