Chapter 10

Chapter X More training but with friends

Makail woke up to see that the sun was blazing into his window. When he finally was fully awake he then realized he had slept in way too long. So he got into his jumpsuit with amazing speed. He was up the stairs in a flash. When he finally got to the top he was out of breath.

"What to you so long"? someone asked?

"Slept in unintentionally." Makail answered.

"Well I guess that is a reasonable excuse for how long you practiced yesterday." said Layden.

"Well it looks like everyone's here except... Caden." Linken said sounding a little annoyed.

"Has this happened before?" Makail asked cautiously?

"Every single day this happens so we practice for a half hour and then he finally comes up, he wastes so much time?" said Linken.

"Well then let's start practice and let the princess sleep." Makail said trying to sound encouraging.

"Well let's get on with it before princess gets up here." Linken said mocking Makail's intentions.

"So what do we do?" Makail asked Linken?

"We spare with each other." Linken answered.

"How do we spare?" Makail asked sounding confused?

"Well why don't the people that have been here for a bit show you." Linken said while implying something.

"Oh yeah sorry." Holly said.

"You use you actual weapons but not actually trying to kill the person just get them to a point where they can't do anything else" explained Brandon while starting to spare with Holly.

Holly used a rapier it's blade was gray and the hilt was blue while Brandon used a broadsword it had a silver blade and a black and white hilt. They had started far apart until Holly made the first move. Holly moved with incredible speed grace and agility. When Brandon saw this to most people it looked like he was just standing there but if you looked closer to the right joints you could see a slight movement in the legs and see him tense up. When Holly was close to striking him she jumped up and Brandon raised his broadsword with Insane speed so fast you could swear you could feel an unnatural breeze. When their blades hit the sound was intense, loud and hollow. Holly backed off with the same speed she had came at him using her blade to bounce off the blade doing a backflip in the process. Holly then started circling Brandon coming at him then backing off until she finally got a hit on him. When she did his blade when flying out of his hand and skidded across the ground. He then put his hands up to show the spare was over.

"Brandon this is the 7th time she has beat you with that technique you need to learn how to stop her from knocking your blade from your hands." Linken said while shaking his head.

"Well It is weight vs speed what do you expect." Brandon said trying to defend himself.

"Excuses excuses you need to learn how to defend against that because I am pretty sure I am not the only rapier user on this planet and I am pretty Hildreth has a few rapier users of his own so you got to learn how to beat them." Holly explained sounding like she was trying to protect him.

"So all I need to do is beat her a bit more than I am and then I will be good"? Brandon asked hoping he was right.

"I believe so since she isn't even doing her best right Holly?" Linken answered hopefully trying to lighten Brandon's mood.

"Yep I think I was doing a bit more than yesterday." Holly added on to what Linken was saying.

"So who will be sparing with me than?" Makail asked out of the blue that it surprised everyone.