His Slave Chapter 20

Cali stared straight ahead racking her brain for ideas. How could she get to Gwen? How could she stop Aidan?  

At that second Finn walked back into the room. He was only wearing a pair of black blue and grey checkered board shorts that hung low on his waist, emphasising his v lines. His hair had dried tousled but in a stylish way. Cali's heart sank, why did she have these feelings for him?! 

"I've made food if you want some?" "I'm not hungry any more" said Cali coldly, although this sexy greek looking God was stood in front of her Cali wasn't interested any more, her sole purpose was to find and protect Gwen. "Hey what's up? Where's your smile gone?" Asked Finn looking worried. 

What could Cali say? That she knew something was up, that Finn had secrets she knew about, that Aidan had called, that Gwen was in danger?! 

How would Finn react if she told him? Would he help her, I mean after all he let Aidan buy Gwen. If he cared about her safety he wouldn't let Aidan go near her! 

Finns phone rang again. Saving Cali from answering Finn. He leapt across the room and picked it up "stay here" he said keeping his eyes constantly on Cali. She stared at him silently, was it Aidan again? 

"Hey it's Finn, oh hey Father! Oh right..." He began talking. Cali stood listening twisting her fingers nervously. "Oh ok? What ages? 18 and 19, right?... Yeah I can work my magic on them, no girl goes untamed by me!" Cali rolled her eyes. "Yeah sure, we can be back by this evening? Ok then, bye"  

Finn hung up an turned to Cali. "We're heading back to the estate, you can tell me what's wrong in the car" "now?" Questioned Cali "yes, I need to do some work for my father, pack what you want...we are leaving now" 

Cali pretended to act sad, whereas contrastingly inside her head she was doing cart wheels! She never thought she'd think this but she was actually eager to return to the manor. Maybe then she could find Gwen and save her from Aidan! 

The midday sun was shimmering down on the black sports car making it hot to the touch. Finn unlocks the door and Cali climbed in. She sat looking out the window as Finn locked up. This was it, soon she would be able to see Gwen! 

"So what's wrong?" Questioned Finn as he started the car engine. It revved loudly under his touch like an untamed tiger. "Something's up? You've clammed up again" "I just want to see Gwen" said Cali quietly. "Cali you know she's nothing to do with me anymore, she's Aidan's" "but you can't trust him..." "Cali! She belongs to him, end of!" "But he's dangerous Finn!" Replied Cali trying to make him understand. "All men are dangerous..." Cali was taken a back. Stunned by his sincerity..."why me?" she whispered "why you? Because you are a challenge, you're not like other girls, you will fight me and thats hot" "I fight because what you do is wrong!" Blurted Cali. "No, what I do is perfectly legal babe, you don't want to give in, that's what's wrong" Said Finn sternly ending their conversation abruptly.  

Cali sat back in her seat shocked. Once again Finn was showing his dark side. After a few minutes of contemplation Cali plucked up the courage to break the silence and ask one last question "how many slaves has Aidan had?" She wasn't quite sure where the question came from, she supposed she wanted to know just how bad Aidan could be, test his reaction, maybe gauge what the other men were capable of as well. There was a long pause, then Finn spoke. 

"Five, Gwen's number six" he sighed.  

Cali's heart shattered. Gwen was merely a number in his eyes. Another toy ready to be broken.  

Cali closed her eyes and prayed Gwen was ok, she needed to get back, quick.

Twenty minutes later they were racing down the motorway at lightening speed. Finn seemed eager to get back too. Maybe it was the tension in the air...