Just focus

You awoke to someone banging on your door again.

"Give me a minute!" You called to the person outside, you assumed it was another stormtrooper.

"Hurry up! You've got two minutes!" The person outside called, it didn't sound like a stormtrooper though.

"Noted." You hurried and changed. You put your hair up into a loose bun and grabbed your lightsaber.

You opened the door and standing there was your masked mentor. He looked at you.

"Ready?"

You nodded. Ren started down the hall, you followed.

You stopped by the food storage and grabbed something to eat.

"Aren't we gonna be off schedule or something if we stop for food?" You asked with a tiny hint of sarcasm in your voice, you grabbed the first kind of food that caught your eye.

"I'm your mentor, I make the schedule and the schedule says that you need food. Plus you can't train on an empty stomach."

"Fair enough."

Ren grabbed his food and both of you headed to train.

You entered the room. Ren grabbed your saber out of your hand and threw it across the room.

"What the heck!" You walked halfway to it when you froze, well more like you literally couldn't move your muscles no matter how hard you tried.

"Today you will work on your connection with the force." He said whilst circling around you. You were finally able to move now. You assumed he was using the force to stop you from grabbing your saber.

"Use the force to bring the lightsaber to you." Ren said.

Crossing your arms, you asked him. "And how am I supposed to do that?"

He grabbed your arm and lifted it up pointing towards the saber. "Focus on the saber, imagine it coming towards you. Power it with your emotions"

"Oh, that sounds simple." You said sarcastically.

"It is." Ren stated.

"Easy for you to say, you've been able to do these things for years." You mumbled.

"Just focus, Y/N."

"Fine." You focused on the lightsaber, you thought you saw it shake, but it was just your imagination. You attempted it again, but it was the same result as the last.

You lowered your arm.

"What are you doing?" Ren asked.

"Are you sure I even have the power to do this?" 

"You do, I can sense it in you. You just need to focus, you can't give up."

"Fine." You raised your arm and tried again, you focused on the saber and imagined it flying towards you. The saber started to shake violently.

"You've almost got it."

The saber continued shaking for a few more seconds and then it stopped.

"Great, I think you distracted me." You huffed.

"Try again."

You focused on the saber once more and it began to shake, it kept shaking for about a minute and a half until it flew into your hand.

"I-I did it?" You stared at the lightsaber in your hand.

"Well obviously, but don't start celebrating yet we've got a lot more stuff to cover."

"Like?" You asked.

"Persuasion, levitation, even telepathy."

"Okay, well which first?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"That's your decision to make." Ren sat down on a nearby chair.

"Persuasion." You set your saber down.

"Okay then, I'll be back." Ren got up and left the room.

You stood there for a few minutes, you were pondering how you would take this place down, you realized that after you know the ropes of the force that it would be easy. You can just persuade people to give you important information, and eventually, from what you've gathered, you'll end up being trusted with important information yourself. 

You heard the door open and turned around, Ren walked in with a stormtrooper behind him.

"Excuse me, sir, why do you need me in here?"

"Just stand there." Ren snapped. "And don't do anything the lady tells you to." 

"Y-yes, sir!" The trooper said frantically.

Ren turned to you, He moved closer to your ear and whispered. "Now tell him to do something, anything."

"Um, okay..." You racked your brain for something. "I can't think of anything."

"Look directly at him and repeat after me... You will act like a droid." He whispered.

You looked directly at the stormtroopers mask. "You will act like a droid."

"Sorry miss, you heard the man I can't do what you say." The trooper shrugged.

"Try again." Ren whispered.

"You will act like a droid." You repeated.

The trooper seized up and then relaxed.

"I will act like a droid." The trooper started to move his arms robotically. Ren held back a chuckle.

"Knew you could do it, now tell him to leave."

"You will leave this room and go back to your regular duties." 

"I will leave this room and go back to my regular duties." The trooper turned around and  left.

"Okay, now on to levitation."

Ren taught you how to levitate things, it was simple actually. The telepathy is what you couldn't get the hang of.

"Look, we've been at this for hours, I'm done. I guess it's just not a skill I possess. "

"Fine we can stop but after you stop this." He picked a blaster off of the wall and shot it at you, you held your hand out and the beam froze. 

"What the hell is wrong with you!" You seemed to be asking him that a lot.

"Training." You moved to the side and released your grip on the beam and it flew into the wall.

"You could have killed me!"

"But I didn't because you stopped it."

"Yeah but what if I didn't?" You asked.

"I could have, I have incredible reflexes."

"Whatever, I'm leaving, see you tomorrow." You held your hand out causing your saber to shake and fly to your hand, then you left.

Happy birthday to wolfflower2003 (my sister) I told her I'd put this on here. And she's telling me to post this chapter just a little bit earlier (isn't that earlier though its like 11:57 and post at noon.)

Anywho may the force be with you
     Author-San