Chapter 3

"Do you want to show me your schedule? I can tell you where your next class is." I offered, grabbing my things when the bell rang.

I wanted to help her out and be nice, but I also wanted to stay away from her and not speak to her. If that makes sense...

"Sure." She said, passing me the paper that held her class schedule.

I looked through it, noticing that we had two classes together. Second period - which was now over- and sixth period. The same gym period as well.

I saw that her next period was right down the hall from mine.

"It's right down the hall from my class in room 603."

I handed her the schedule back, and she asked if I could walk her there.

I hesitated.

Walking down the hall with me? What was she thinking? I planned to simply tell her where her class was and head to mine.

Then it hit me.

She didn't know about my reputation here. And I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

I nodded. "I-yeah, sure."

She smiled at me, sensing my hesitance. "You don't have to if you want."

I shrugged. "It's fine... we don't want to be late."

She walked beside me down the hall. I tried not to put my head down and look at the ground as I walked, but I couldn't help it.

When a firm hand grabbed my arm and pulled me back I snapped to.

"Watch where you're going." I heard her warn the boy calmly.

He raised an eyebrow at the girl and narrowed his eyes at me before continuing down the hall. He was obviously trying to run into me on purpose, but Elan pulled me back.

She turned to me and said, "You too," before starting down the hall again. I took her advice and kept my head up.

"Why is everyone staring at you and me?" She asked me quietly as we reached her room.

So she did noticed the stares..

"I don't know." I lied. I couldn't just tell her that I was gay and that people hated me for it. Then she would hate me, and I didn't want that. I just wanted for someone not to hate me... even just for a day.

I could feel that she was watching me, but I didn't turn to look at her. I stopped in front of her door. "We're here."

She leaned against the wall and caught my eye. "Thanks, uhm... do you mind coming back after class and helping me to my next one?"

I thought about it. My next class was all the way out in the building over.. would I stay to walk her to hers? I mean, it's just a day right?

I nodded "Yeah, I'll meet you by the door?"

She nodded "Thank you..."

I knew what she was waiting for me to say. "Savannah. Savannah Wilde."

She nodded. "Well, thank you Savannah."

I moved away from the door and she entered the classroom. When she left, I started down the hall to my class.

As I walked, I was pushed at a locker. "Who were you talking to Dyke?"

I looked at the boy. "Nobody."

He snorted. "And you want me to believe that?"

I shrugged. "Well that's the point of a lie."

He narrowed his eyes at me, pushing me further back into the locker making my back press against the lock. A scorching pain shot throughout my shoulder blade.

"Was that your girlfriend, Dyke?" He asked stepping closer to me.

"No."

"Of course it wasn't... you couldn't get a girl as hot as her."

I raised an eyebrow at his statement. "What?"

He grabbed the collar of my shirt. "What's her name?"

I hesitated. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what's her fucking name? I wanna hit that."

My eyebrows furrowed, and I looked at him in pure disgust. "Ew, I'm not telling you, go ask her yourself."

"Fuck you then!"

I let out a whimper of pain when my back pressed further into the lock. It hurt like hell, but he wouldn't stop pressing... I couldn't breathe properly.

"Does that hurt you, fucking bitch?"

I bit my lip, ripping open the scab of my already busted lip. The taste of metal filled my mouth once again when he pulled me forward and slammed me against the locker again. My vision went blurry for a second, and I let out a groan.

"Leave me alone." I breathed, pushing against his hold on my arms. He was too close to me, and I couldn't get out.

He was jerked away from me.

Punches were thrown and received. I didn't see much, but I'm glad I didn't, considering the decent amount of blood surrounding the boy on the ground in front of me.

"You okay?"

I spit out the blood in my mouth and let out a shaky breath, not answering.

A hand was held out to me and I gingerly took it. "Sorry." I choked out.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows at me.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry." I apologized again, before running off to the bathroom.

My back was stinging, my head was throbbing, there was a horrible taste of blood in my mouth, and I knew people were watching me. I was embarrassed, confused, and angry... so many fucking emotions.

She definitely knows. She hates me, and she's never going to talk to me. I screw everything up. I hadn't even known the girl for a day, and she already hates me.

"Savannah you in here?"

My breath caught in my throat. She came after me? She's going to yell at me and ask me shit.

I'm fucked.

My breathing got quicker and I felt a lump form in my throat. How do I get into these situations?

"Savannah?"

I fumbled for the lock on the stall and unlatched it, stumbling out onto the sink, feeling the small space begin to swallow me whole. I gasped for air and held onto the sink for support. My breathing steadied slowly and I ran a shaky hand through my hair.

"I-I don't know what just happened, but are you okay?" She asked stepping towards me.

"Yeah, I'm just a tad bit overwhelmed." I answered.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me and studied my face before speaking again. "You sure you're alright?"

"I think so."

I shifted on my feet, stiff under her gaze. It was intense, as if she was looking through me instead of at me.

"I-I have to get to class." I stuttered lamely, moving to leave.

She didn't respond and I left the bathroom in a hurry not wanting to be in her presence anymore. It was too intense. Her whole vibe was really strong, it was like her entire body sent waves of intensity to everyone around her.

Maybe it was better for her to stay away from me, it wasn't like I wasn't used to people doing that.

Guess I'm back at the start again.