Chapter Four

I woke up to my phone ringing. I grabbed it and answered the call sleepily.
"Hello,"
"Hey, when do you want to finish the marathon?" Marcel asked.
"If you and Leeroy are both free I should be ready in about an hour," I said.
"Okay, I'll ask Leeroy and we'll be there soon," he said.
"Okay, I'll see you then. I need to get ready," I said,
"Okay, talk to you later," Marcel said
"Same,"
I hung up and put my phone down before getting out of bed. I grabbed my clothes for today and went to the bathroom. As soon as I was done I went to my room and finished getting ready while listening to music. I grabbed my ipod and headphones, turning on my cooking playlist and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I ate and washed the dishes before going upstairs and getting everything we would need for the movies. About five minutes later, the bell rang and I went to open the door. Harry was standing beside Marcel and Leeroy was nowhere to be seen.
"What is he doing here?" I asked Marcel.
"He said he needed to talk to you about something important," Marcel said and I sighed.
"Where's Leeroy?" I asked.
"He said Liam is being bossy and will be here in a little while," Marcel said.
"Okay," I said and they came in, Marcel sitting on the couch and Harry standing awkwardly at the end near the kitchen.
"Can we go somewhere to talk for a minute?" Harry asked, seeming a little nervous. I nodded and looked at Marcel.
"Can you finish getting the stuff ready?" I asked. Marcel nodded and I led Harry upstairs. As soon as we got to my room he turned to me, worry etched on his face.
"Okay, what I am going to tell you has to remain a secret," he said and I nodded.
"The boys and I had a meeting. Zayn is mad at me for convincing them to leave you alone. They are going to retaliate and I think they are planning something really bad. I am telling you  because I don't want to see you hurt anymore," Harry said.
"Well, thanks for the warning, but it won't really help because I can't really do anything against them," I said as my ringtone went off.
The ringtone was the chorus to the song Diana by One Direction. I loved the song, but didn't know who the band members were. I had gotten the music off Camila's computer, with her permission of course. I let it play for a minute, listening to the lyrics and wishing someone cared about me in that way. I looked at the message, causing the music to stop playing when I felt Harry put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up, noticing he looked miserable.
"You like that band?" he asked.
"Just a few songs but I don't know what they look like or anything," I said.
"If you only knew..." Harry trailed off, lost in thought.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I am in One Direction," he admitted.
"B-but... What?" I asked confused.
Harry closed his eyes and sighed before opening them again.
"It's true. Niall even has a solo in that song," He said, and I realized Niall did have a solo in that song.
I quietly asked Harry to leave so I could think and grabbed my phone off my bed, pulling up my songs and playing Diana from the beginning, pausing it right before Niall's solo. I went downstairs to where Marcel was waiting.
"We're going to have to schedule this for another time again," I said to him and he nodded.
"Ok, just let me know when you can," he said and I nodded as he left.
I sat down on the couch and texted Niall, asking him to come over so we could talk. About five minutes later, the bell rang and I opened the door, seeing Niall dressed in his usual outfit. He was wearing a snapback on his head, skinny jeans, tennis shoes and a white muscle shirt. Niall walked in and I shut the door before going to sit on the couch.
"What did you want to talk about?" Niall asked, looking at me patiently.
I didn't say a word as I unlocked my phone and pressed play on the song. As his voice floated through the speakers, he realized I now knew.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.
"About what?" he asked, clueless.
"About the band you're in," I stated. He took a deep breath, figuring out what he was going to say.
"I figured you already knew. Our band is the biggest in the entire world at the moment, we're all over the media and conversations," he said.
"You should know I don't get on the internet much. The only reason I have the music is because of Camila. I knew about the band, I just didn't know who it consisted of," I said.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"I think you guys should listen to the songs you guys write. Everything you do to me goes against this song. It's not right. This song was one of the things that kept me from being depressed and now I know the truth about it," I said.
"Harry, Liam and I are trying to get Zayn and Louis to stop but it's really hard to accomplish. I never wanted to hurt you," he said,
"First, you guys need to learn to stop, then you can work on the others. Once they realize they no longer have power over you two, it may cause them to stop," I said and he nodded.
"I'll try," he said.
"Okay, can you please leave now?" I asked politely.
He nodded and left the house. I was not a little curious so I went to my computer and turned it on, putting in the password and getting on the internet. I typed One Direction in the search bar and started reading through articles about them. I realized they got together that moment Niall had left for a while. They were number one in 32 countries and had three albums out. I logged onto twitter to see my follower count had gained four and I had three tweets DMs. Liam and his girlfriend Danielle, Harry and Niall were the followers. I followed Liam and Danielle back before looking at the messages. The first was from Danielle: I would like to talk to you, I heard about everything so please message me at xxx-xxx-xxxx
The next message was from Niall: We need to talk, get ahold of me soon.
The last message was from Harry: Message me? We need to talk.
I turned my computer off and took out my phone, deciding to message Danielle.
Me: Hey, It's Crystal.
Danielle: Hey
Me: So, who told you about all this?
Danielle: Liam, he felt guilty and didn't want to tell you himself so he told me
Me: I see, how much did he tell you?
Danielle: Everything, I think
Me: Okay. Do you guys want to come over? We can talk about it and I also want to tell Liam something.
Danielle: Okay, we'll be there in ten minutes, more or less.
I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed a few pops and snacks. I set the things on the coffee table and sat there until the doorbell sounded. I let them in and sat down before offering the food and drink. They each took some and so did I as we got comfortable.
"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Liam asked.
"It's more of a question... I already asked Harry and Niall but why did you guys never tell me about your careers?" I asked. Liam looked down, embarrassed before looking at me and speaking.
"I figured you already knew. We're all over the news and I know people in the school have talked about us while you were in range of hearing. How did you find out since you didn't already know?" Liam asked.
"I got some of the songs from a friend and have Diana as my ringtone," I said.
"I see, are you going to buy the album?" he asked.
"No, I'm not," I replied.
    "Why?" Liam asked.
"Because you guys have been bullying me and already have enough money without me spending money on you as well," I explained.
"I've been trying to get them to stop," he said.
"I know, that's why I'm actually talking to you," I said.
"Okay," he said and I turned to Danielle.
    "Now, for the whole story," I said, looking at her.
"Proceed," she said.
"It all started a few years ago..." I said and told her the story. She listened intently, and when I was done she looked stunned.
"Harry's in love with you?" she asked.
"That's what he says," I told her.
"Awe, what are you going to do about it?" she asked.
"I might give him one chance to prove himself and if he doesn't, I'm going to move, or change my name. Anything to get away from them," I said.
"What would you change your name to?" Liam asked.
"Jenny Sparks," I answered.
"That sounds kind of cool," Liam complemented.
"I know," I said.
    "Well, we're going to go now, I'll talk to you later," Danielle said as she and Liam got up and left the house.

Liam's Point Of View

Dani and I left Crystal's place just as a car pulled in. I went back to my place after kissing Danielle goodbye. When I arrived at my house I made myself supper, ate, and washed the dishes before going into my room. I unlocked my phone and sent Zayn a text: Hey, we need to talk!
I got ready for bed while waiting for his answer. Just as I turned off the lights, my phone screen lit up with a notification. I climbed in bed and unlocked my phone again, looking at Zayn's reply: About What?
I have information that could be of use, was my reply before I drifted off in a dreamless sleep.