Chapter Five

Crystal's Point Of View

It was Monday. I woke up tired and not wanting to go to school, but knowing I had to. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before getting out of bed and going to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and went back to my room to get dressed. I picked out a pair of light pink capris, a light blue tank top and a pair of white converse shoes. I smelled something amazing coming from the direction of the kitchen and soon identified the smell as my mother's famous chocolate chip pancakes with bacon on the side. I smiled and happily went down the stairs. As I turned the corner into the kitchen, my happiness deteriorated a little bit. Sitting at the bar stool in front of the counter, Harry was watching my mom cook the last few pieces of bacon and put the pieces on one of three plates sitting in front of him. Ignoring him, I walked in and grabbed my plate of pancakes, drenching them in maple syrup and getting a glass of chocolate milk to drink. My mom left the room to go do something as I sat down at the table.

"Hey Crystal," he chirped. I ignored him and continued eating my pancakes.

"Don't ignore me," he said. I looked at him.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm taking you to school," he smiled.

"I walk with Marcel and Leeroy," I stated curtly.

"I told Marcel I was taking you so hurry up and finish getting ready," he said, a slight rudeness detected in his tone.

"Fine," I muttered as I finished the rest of my food and drink and put the dishes in the sink. I quickly finished getting ready and grabbed my stuff before going back downstairs. I followed Harry out to his car and waited. He climbed in and looked at me before speaking.

"Are you going to get in?" he asked.

I sighed before getting in, and soon we arrived at the school. As soon as the car came to a stop, I quickly got out and headed toward the entrance to the school, hearing his fast footsteps behind me.

"Wait up," he said as he caught up to me.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I asked impatiently.

"I'm going to get you to your first class safely, then I will for now," he said.

"Ok," I said as he followed me to my locker where I got my English notebook and my play script. He then followed me to my classroom before going to get his stuff.

I sat down in my normal seat and waited for the class to start. Pretty soon Marcel, Leeroy, Johnny, and Harvey walked in and sat down in the desks around me.

"Hey boys," I said.

"Hey Crystal," They said, one after the other. Harvey and Johnny were talking about the latest thing Veronica Johnson, the school's most popular girl, had done. Right on cue, she walked in, swinging her small hips, her heels clacking with every step she took. Harvey and Johnny showed Leeroy who she was, and he got up.

"I'll be back," he said as he headed over to her. At that moment, other kids started walking in. When Zayn saw Leeroy in his seat talking to Veronica, his eyes seemed to pop out of his head in anger as he walked over to them.

"Get out of my seat, Leeroy," he said.

Leeroy said one other thing to Veronica, causing her to laugh, before getting up and coming back to his seat. Zayn shot Leeroy what seemed to be a death glare as he sat down. I was watching for the teacher when Niall and Harry came in together. Harry winked at me and I rolled my eyes, his face falling as he walked to his seat. Soon after, the teacher walked in and set her stuff down on her desk.