Chapter Eight

I woke up cold. Opening my eyes, I noticed the blanket was on the other side of the bed, with Harry rolled up in it, facing me. I giggled and poked his side. He opened his eyes and looked at me as he realized how he had been sleeping.

"What the...?" He sounded confused as he untangled himself from the blankets and stood up.

"I woke up cold to see you like that," I said as he sat back on the bed.

"Interesting, what do you want to do today?" he asked.

"First, you're going to make me breakfast," I stated.

"And what would you like, your highness," he said, bowing in mock politeness.

"Chocolate chip pancakes. Now, give me a ride to the kitchen little servant!" I said and giggled as I jumped on his back.

"What do you mean 'little?' I'm taller than you," he said as he carried me to the living room and dropped me on the couch. I stood up and followed him the rest of the way to the kitchen.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to help?" he asked as he got out a pan. I went over to the fridge and got out the milk and eggs. I set them on the counter and he took over from there, making the mix and cooking the pancakes. I got out two plates, cups and the silverware before setting the table. I got out the chocolate milk and filled the glasses before putting the container back in the fridge.

Harry soon got done cooking and put a large plate full of pancakes on the table before getting out the syrup. I sat down and took a couple pancakes, putting them on my plate and covering them in syrup. We ate and then I washed the dishes. Harry dried them and put them away before turning to me.

"Now, what do you want to do?" Harry asked.

"Do you have guitar hero?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's play it," he said as he led me to a room on the third floor.

"This is my game room," Harry said as he switched on the light.

He had a playstation, and two guitars. He put in Guitar Hero 3 and I played the song Story of my life by Social Distraction. I hit all the notes, which was a record. Harry had been watching my with his mouth open in shock.

"How can you be that good?" he asked.

"It's a fairly long story," I said.

"We have all day," he said.

"Fine, let's go to your room then," I said as I shut off the system,

Harry turned the light off and we went to his room. I sat on the bed and he sat in front of me, quiet and waiting for me to start.

"Okay, one day when I was eleven, my mom's brother committed suicide. Before he killed himself, he murdered everyone on my mother's side of the family except for my mother. She was devastated and started fighting with my dad all the time. Not an hour of peace passed before they started arguing about something new. My mom finally had enough and started drinking with friends. That's when someone introduced her to meth. She started doing meth, and later started other drugs. She became unfaithful in her relationship with my father and started coming home later, and later each night.

One night I had a nightmare and went to the kitchen to get some hot chocolate and a chocolate chip bagel when she walked in around midnight. She was half naked, with sores all over her body and her hair was falling out. She never saw me, but headed straight to her room. She started yelling at my dad and when she came out of the room, she had her suitcase in her hand. She left the house that night and I haven't seen her since.