Chapter 10- Baby Momma's Back

alright so one year ago today (January 16, 2015) I posted the first part of Forbidden Love, and I just want to take a minute to thank you guys so very much for reading and enjoying that book so very much!

without you all, it would've never gotten to where it is now (now 788k) so I just want you guys to know that I love each one of you.

I know it takes me four million years to update, and my writing skills suck for the most part, but you guys believe in me and continue to give me support despite everything.

alright, that's enough chatter, enjoy this chapter even though it's kinda shitty I'm so sorry.

──

Liv's POV

I reached into the last brown box that was on my bedroom floor and pulled out the final thing it contained. Smiling, I placed a framed picture of Mia and I making goofy faces on my dresser.

The day we took this photo, Mia had dragged me out of the house against my will. It was only like a month or so after Jonathan had kicked me out, and she claimed I'd been sulking around for too long.

"Listen up, your lazy ass has sat on my couch so long, your ass is starting to imprint into it. I know you're all heartbroken and shit, but you can't mope around forever. Relationships end, and I know it sucks, but the world goes on babes. You're going to get over this soon, and you're going to fuck some guys. Some of those guys will have big dicks, some of them will have small dicks, but the world will go on. Now, you're going to get your ass off my fucking couch and you're going to a music festival with me, and you're going to enjoy it."

Those were the exact words she'd said to me before she pulled me off the couch, forced me into some skimpy outfit, and made me attend the concert with her.

Once the first beat dropped, and the crowd went crazy, it was like all my Jonathan problems disappeared, and I got the chance to enjoy myself. After dancing the entire day, Mia decided to go club-hopping afterward, where I, the sober, depressed best friend, sat in a corner with a bottle of water and watched her drink and grind on guys for hours.

Then, when Mia finally got tired of being a drunken whore, I took her hoe ass home, put her slutty behind to bed, and resumed my spot on the couch with an episode of Grey's Anatomy. And as I watched McDreamy and Meredith's beautiful, but flawed relationship, I realized that, just as Mia said, the world goes on.

The next morning, I applied to several jobs, and within the first twenty-four hours, got hired by Coco's Diner.

If it hadn't been for Mia's hurtfully honest speech that afternoon, it's possible that I would still be on that couch, letting my life pass me by. I would've never been able to glue the shattered pieces of my life together, and I never would've been able to accept Jonathan back into my life.

During that year, Mia was my shoulder to lean on, and I couldn't have made it through with her. She took me into her home, and despite being kept up almost every weekend by her loud sex, I was grateful for what she'd done for me.

As I folded up the now empty box, my phone began ringing in my back pocket.

"Hello, thank you for calling Jon's Whore House, where for the right amount of dough, you can get a good blow," I said as I answered the phone, "This is Liv, how may I help you?"

"Liv," Mia hissed lowly, "James' baby momma's back."

"I wasn't aware that you left," I joked.

She sighed in a serious way, "Liv, for the first time in my life, I'm not joking. Josie's mom is back, and she's making some serious threats."