Chapter 27- Ruby Jones

"Mia..." James whispered, shaking my shoulder lightly. "Mia."

My eyes opened slowly and met the blue ones of James staring back at me. He stood directly in front of me and rested his hand on my cheek and I unconsciously leaned into it.

I was confused. "What happened?"

"You passed out..."

What? I passed out?

I glanced down at the picture on my lap and then I remembered.

I jerked my face away from James' hand as if it was on fire. Looking around the room, the hundreds of pictures on the wall stared back at me, and it made me dizzy again.

"Get away from me," I snarled at him.

A hurt look crossed his features and he looked hesitant for a quick second but stepped back. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it back. I could tell he didn't know what to say.

But I did.

"James, what the absolute fuck is this?" I screamed.

"I can explain," He breathed out.

"Oh, you can explain? How the fuck can you explain this?" I pushed the joystick on my wheelchair to move forward.

James stepped in front of me blocking my path.

I glared at him. "Move."

His eyes pleaded with me. "Mia..."

He didn't want me to continue exploring, I could tell. But I knew I had to see.

"Move out my way," I said each word slowly and menacingly.

I pushed the joystick forward again and James quickly moved out my way. If he hadn't, I probably would've run him over.

Rolling over to his desk, I took a quick second to look at some of the pictures that were stuck along the wall.

All the pictures of the woman were taken in different places. There were some in a park, at a pool, in a store, an office, and just more random places.

This was so fucking creepy, which I, of course, told James and he didn't reply.

When I reached his desk, I pushed the chair behind it out the way and put my wheelchair where it was. There, on top of James' desk, was a stack of papers that looked to be freshly printed.

"I'm surprised you haven't found a way to stick pictures on the ceiling," I bit sarcastically. Again, no reply from James.

I lifted them up one by one and examined them. There were about thirty pictures in this stack. The first one, the woman was outside a house. In the next, she was making her way into the house. And in the next, she was in said house.

The next twenty or so photos were of her in the house. And they were still in great quality.

"How the motherfuck did you get pictures of this poor woman in her fucking house? These are high definition pictures, James! I can literally see and count the amount of spaghetti she's putting in this pot!" I screamed.

Again, no reply. If I wasn't able to see him standing in front of me I would've thought he had bolted with how silent he was being.

"When were these even taken?" I asked out loud.

I turned the picture over to the back, looking for the little timestamp. I turned it back on the front, and when looking closer at it, I saw what I was looking for in the bottom right corner.

6/21/16 - 2:34pm

That was today's date...

Looking at the clock that was on James' desk, I read the time.